Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
N-Trizzy2609

Friendly 44s at Tottenville

Aren't the "new" (and I use that term loosely) R46s coming in the near future? Why does the SIR have to suffer the indignity of having hand-me-down cars while the NYCS gets brand new R160s and R142s?

Anyway, great pics!

Edited by SI Subway

Aren't the "new" (and I use that term loosely) R46s coming in the near future? Why does the SIR have to suffer the indignity of having hand-me-down cars while the NYCS gets brand new R160s and R142s?

Anyway, great pics!

Anything would be better than the R44s. The cabs are small, the A/C in the cab varies widely from train to train.

Anyway, great pics!

SIR will eventually get new cars, but no time soon. BMT and the (7) line are priority right now. The post R179 orders will likely be for both the (T) and the SIR.

SIR will eventually get new cars, but no time soon. BMT and the (7) line are priority right now. The post R179 orders will likely be for both the (T) and the SIR.

Plus, if and when the R46s go on SIR they are getting a major rehab to convert them to FRA standers, and give them new motors cuz the SIR has a higher top speed then NYCT cars. (only 5 more mphs but still a big difference.) And we can't forget horn. Hopefully they get the same WABCO horns the Arrow IIIs and the R44-SIs have.