Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Sixty Year Old man goes to Tracks to get Cell Phone gets Killed

RTOMan

These stories are sad in that people lack commonsense. #1 rule is NOT to stand by the edge to begin with so had he dropped the phone and was standing back, chances are that the phone wouldn't have fell down there to begin with and then he goes further and hops on the tracks... Two NO NOs...

As in the words of George Stamp: "If you dropped your phone, your radio, your bag. etc, I don't feel sorry, because I think you should have known better than that."

I like how they always manage to go down there right when the train is due to show up.

To be fair, I'm sure there are plenty of people who go down to the tracks and come back up before the train shows up, but since they didn't get hit, you don't hear about them.

These stories are sad in that people lack commonsense. #1 rule is NOT to stand by the edge to begin with so had he dropped the phone and was standing back, chances are that the phone wouldn't have fell down there to begin with and then he goes further and hops on the tracks... Two NO NOs...

Agreed (though I could sort of understand it if the platform was crowded). Whenever I feel tired or dizzy, I stand as far back from the tracks as possible.

To be fair, I'm sure there are plenty of people who go down to the tracks and come back up before the train shows up, but since they didn't get hit, you don't hear about them.

Yeah and maybe he was one of them that is until now... :eek:

I was there when this happened..

I was on an uptown bound (A) train we were just pulling out when all I heard was one long blast and the (A) train that hit the man was 4 cars into the station. I looked too see what had happened but my train left as soon as that train came to a hault.

wow..

There is absolutely nothing "to be fair" about here.... no non MTA personnel (or police/fire/ambulance personnel) should be jumping onto the tracks for ANYTHING.

I remember going to the tracks last year on W4 to get some lady's phone, I could care less your BS of how stupid and dangerous that was so don't even bother. Before I jumped down I looked in the damn tunnel to see if 30 tons of metal was coming towards me, I still don't know how these people can't see or hear a train.

I remember going to the tracks last year on W4 to get some lady's phone, I could care less your BS of how stupid and dangerous that was so don't even bother. Before I jumped down I looked in the damn tunnel to see if 30 tons of metal was coming towards me, I still don't know how these people can't see or hear a train.

trollface.png

Yeah your braindead. A phone aint worth dying for and I dont see how you justified that as a legit reason to go on the tracks . Its not the the fact you didnt see a train. The train you see isnt the train that kills you.

And the fact that you said "I still dont know how these people cant see or hear a train" just says how stupid you are.

Yeah your braindead. A phone aint worth dying for and I dont see how you justified that as a legit reason to go on the tracks . Its not the the fact you didnt see a train. The train you see isnt the train that kills you.

And the fact that you said "I still dont know how these people cant see or hear a train" just says how stupid you are.

So I'm stupid because of I have the ability to listen and hear trains approaching a station? Yeah I'm very stupid and I never said it was okay or even justified a reason to go to the tracks.

So I'm stupid because of I have the ability to listen and hear trains approaching a station? Yeah I'm very stupid and I never said it was okay or even justified a reason to go to the tracks.

I really hope your not as stupid as your making your self seem right now. But I guess you do deserve a medal of honor for going to tracks for your deed of the day.

whoa... Who's BS of how stupid & dangerous that was?

Whether that devil's advocate laced post of yours was indirectly directed at me or not, all I'm say is....

It's your life, do whatever the hell you want with it... straight up....

But to sit there & convey to us that such a general message is BS...

is BS.

There is absolutely nothing "to be fair" about here.... no non MTA personnel (or police/fire/ambulance personnel) should be jumping onto the tracks for ANYTHING.

I have the habit of saying "to be fair" in front of some of my posts. In any case, I wasn't referring to the man: I was referring to his comment about people going down just as the train approaches.

Especially considering it wasn't his phone. He should've just gone up and tried to get a station agent or something.

Not to mention, there's always the chance that if you don't get hit by a train, you could panic if you see a train and electrocute yourself on the third rail.

Going on the tracks SHOULD be illegal unless your working on them! Going on them is just plain stupid. Melvin, your lucky your not dead.

It already is, it's called trespassing.

Archived