Apple signs deal with the MTA to open World's Largest Store in Grand Central

CTK246

Well there goes the Architecture of the Upper Corner Of GCT. Almost 2 Centuries that terminal has been like that now Apple wants to take a chomp of retail space in GCT. won't be long before we see Apple Store's At some of the biggest Terminals And Hubs the (MTA) have. before we know it the MTA is gonna get bought out by Apple and we'll be riding The "Apple New York City People Mover".

That is why i hate Apple they settle in anywhere they can.

Guest lance25
Well there goes the Architecture of the Upper Corner Of GCT. Almost 2 Centuries that terminal has been like that now Apple wants to take a chomp of retail space in GCT. won't be long before we see Apple Store's At some of the biggest Terminals And Hubs the (MTA) have. before we know it the MTA is gonna get bought out by Apple and we'll be riding The "Apple New York City People Mover".

That is why i hate Apple they settle in anywhere they can.

A little hyperbolic, don't you think?

1) The building in it's current form was built in 1913, less than one century ago.

2) What's wrong with a bit of retail in GCT? Washington's Union Station has a damn mall in it and it still has some character. I don't see why Grand Central getting an Apple Store will dramatically change the character of the historic landmark. It's not like they're tearing down the building and erecting a modern structure, like they did with Pennsylvania Station.

A little hyperbolic, don't you think?

1) The building in it's current form was built in 1913, less than one century ago.

2) What's wrong with a bit of retail in GCT? Washington's Union Station has a damn mall in it and it still has some character. I don't see why Grand Central getting an Apple Store will dramatically change the character of the historic landmark. It's not like they're tearing down the building and erecting a modern structure, like they did with Pennsylvania Station.

A Wall Street Journal blog got access to some renderings that I thought looked good. They maintained the essence of the building and the architectural integrity: http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2011/07/25/apple-store-in-grand-centra-terminal/

Archived