MTA Maryland commuter bus what do ya know??

ppl tell me what ya think about them how should they get enhanced??? What is federick like transit wise???

It's really just a peak commuter system. It's fine as it is, except that midday/weekend service can be piloted on certain lines. First let's see how that ICC 201 route does off-peak. However, that's a new market, so results there may not foreshadow results in the rest of the system.

IIRC, Frederick has its own transit system.

What are you trying to be the world ambassador to transit agencies?

not really ust filling my curiousity about the MD area based on traffic and comments from ppl I talk to in MD. Plus My MD ideas are incomplete and need data to be perfected otherwise they will look dumb. How many ppl here know about ridership on the federick bus rtes.

It's really just a peak commuter system. It's fine as it is, except that midday/weekend service can be piloted on certain lines. First let's see how that ICC 201 route does off-peak. However, that's a new market, so results there may not foreshadow results in the rest of the system.

IIRC, Frederick has its own transit system.

not according to 991 ppl I talked to. especially the southern MD area take a look at the shape of rtes in st marys and calvert counties and the commuter rtes there. There is something there that reveals something

not according to 991 ppl I talked to. especially the southern MD area take a look at the shape of rtes in st marys and calvert counties and the commuter rtes there. There is something there that reveals something

991 is the longest (and I believe one of the busiest) lines of the system.

The P&R centric format in the area is typical of large commuter bus systems. (Boston, Minneapolis/St. Paul) as it's a lot cheaper than looping through residential areas. Plus, the promise of avoiding highway traffic into downtown vs. the promise of not using your car (which is a hard sell outside of NYC).

Were these 991 people real or imaginary?

Huh? 991 is a bus route.

Were these 991 people real or imaginary?

real I sometimes use it to visit friends in hagerstown when I am in DC the 991 from what I heard has the highest ridership of the commuter buses or one of the high ridership lines. The route goes to either hagerstown OR federick from shady grove metro station. SO yes I know the routes there. Many of the ppl travel to DC on weekends and don't like the lack of weekend service. The hint is NJ's layout is similar to MD's in a way

991 is the longest (and I believe one of the busiest) lines of the system.

The P&R centric format in the area is typical of large commuter bus systems. (Boston, Minneapolis/St. Paul) as it's a lot cheaper than looping through residential areas. Plus, the promise of avoiding highway traffic into downtown vs. the promise of not using your car (which is a hard sell outside of NYC).

Huh? 991 is a bus route.

yup!!!!!!!!!! it is and the fastest growing too!!!! It's MD's equivilant of NJT's sardine can the 406 minus the off peak service. Looking at the traffic alone on I-270 tells you that the 991 needs more service. It's horrid plus the 203-205 will enter service when the ICC is complete. I talked with MD commuter bus and I suggested some howard transit rtes get replaced well by their segments by enhanced commuter buses cause according to the travel paths the commuter lines some of em if extended will actually render some LOTS routes unneeded. In the past off peak service failed beacause of duplication however I created a proposal that cancels out the duplication that killed em in the past.

yup!!!!!!!!!! it is and the fastest growing too!!!! It's MD's equivilant of NJT's sardine can the 406 minus the off peak service. Looking at the traffic alone on I-270 tells you that the 991 needs more service. It's horrid plus the 203-205 will enter service when the ICC is complete. I talked with MD commuter bus and I suggested some howard transit rtes get replaced well by their segments by enhanced commuter buses cause according to the travel paths the commuter lines some of em if extended will actually render some LOTS routes unneeded. In the past off peak service failed beacause of duplication however I created a proposal that cancels out the duplication that killed em in the past.

Off-peak commuter buses to Baltimore won't be used well, they are very lightly used as is. Commuter buses to BWI/DC that carry local passengers in that area may work out well.

Off-peak commuter buses to Baltimore won't be used well, they are very lightly used as is. Commuter buses to BWI/DC that carry local passengers in that area may work out well.

The trick was to get rid of duplicating local buses in the outer counties to eliminate competition with off peak buses so they lose the rtes that take away from them. Harford 2 has most of it's rte following the 410 but id only the 410 existed then there would be nothing taking away from it. Plus In baltimore I am aware of the ridership. But DC is a completely different animal alltogether. O by the way there are NO off-peak buses to baltimore downtown!!!!! So ppl can't use what doesn't exist right???

Archived