CT SEAT buses

:tdown::mad:

buddy answer my question!!!!!!!!!!!! what is the ridership like on the SEAT??? NO I DON'T HAVE ANY PLANS FOR SEAT!!!!!!! I only want ridership numbers now answer the question.

SEAT is one of those systems that is not publicized much and that has a large service area. I'm also wondering about the ridership, given that it's online maps and schedules are horrendous in terms of user-friendliness and there are some routes that one does not expect to have too much ridership.

But perception is not always accurate.

:tdown::mad:

buddy answer my question!!!!!!!!!!!! what is the ridership like on the SEAT??? NO I DON'T HAVE ANY PLANS FOR SEAT!!!!!!! I only want ridership numbers now answer the question.

Slow down there, man! Not to be rude, but given your history of coming up with long strings of ideas for routes you don't have much experience with I can understand why BZGuy yelled. Also, if you want people to answer your questions you need to slow down, ask more carefully, and not snarl at or try to bully people when you don't like the answer you get- that's just going to piss people off and won't get your questions answered any faster- or at all if there are too many more incidents.

SEAT is one of those systems that is not publicized much and that has a large service area. I'm also wondering about the ridership, given that it's online maps and schedules are horrendous in terms of user-friendliness and there are some routes that one does not expect to have too much ridership.

I was wondering as well, because there is no system map nor can I find actual route/strip maps. Also, running bus routes on a flag-down basis is a very odd model for service and the only reason I can think of for that is that there aren't any areas even remotely central enough to place actual bus stops (hence why I wonder about ridership and possibly part of the reason they don't have a system map of any sort).

Slow down there, man! Not to be rude, but given your history of coming up with long strings of ideas for routes you don't have much experience with I can understand why BZGuy yelled. Also, if you want people to answer your questions you need to slow down, ask more carefully, and not snarl at or try to bully people when you don't like the answer you get- that's just going to piss people off and won't get your questions answered any faster- or at all if there are too many more incidents.

I was wondering as well, because there is no system map nor can I find actual route/strip maps. Also, running bus routes on a flag-down basis is a very odd model for service and the only reason I can think of for that is that there aren't any areas even remotely central enough to place actual bus stops (hence why I wonder about ridership and possibly part of the reason they don't have a system map of any sort).

I want to know about the rtes in CT on the SEAT system I don't want to make an incomplete plan that makes no sense. So I want to know which rtes on the SEAT have high ridership and what lines are they what is the ridership like on those rtes cause I can't think of anything without ridership. Things may look good on paper but they need real life experience to see what works and what doesn't. Is that it. good enough??

ur right in a way I learned that the ridership on some hartford expresses that looked low ridership were actually high ridership. They looked like that by their schedule.

I want to know about the rtes in CT on the SEAT system I don't want to make an incomplete plan that makes no sense. So I want to know which rtes on the SEAT have high ridership and what lines are they what is the ridership like on those rtes cause I can't think of anything without ridership. Things may look good on paper but they need real life experience to see what works and what doesn't. Is that it. good enough??

So go (F)(N) ride the routes to Find out

http://www.seatbus.com/schedules.html

The route maps are simply highlighted Bing maps. And the schedules are awful, as most routes are written and operated as loops.

Flag-down buses aren't as uncommon as you think. TOR and South Bend TRANSPO (IN) are two flag-down systems that come to mind, and both are probably bigger than SEAT.

Remember; flag-down is often a way to attract customers in places that are designed based on the automobile, it's dangerous to walk along a highway or near-highway to a bus stop. But it makes no sense in a downtown, which New London is.

Remember; flag-down is often a way to attract customers in places that are designed based on the automobile, it's dangerous to walk along a highway or near-highway to a bus stop. But it makes no sense in a downtown, which New London is.

SEAT uses the "flag stop" system because the area is which they operate is very rural.

The 108 is their flagship route to and from Foxwoods. That bus is packed all day with workers from all over greater New London....they mostly run their 40 ft New Flyers on that line, everytime I've seen a 35 footer on the 108 its crushloaded.

SEAT is one of those companies that carved their niche out and from everything I've heard does a good job. Thats why I said to stay away from it....it's not broke, don't try and fix it.

SEAT uses the "flag stop" system because the area is which they operate is very rural.

The 108 is their flagship route to and from Foxwoods. That bus is packed all day with workers from all over greater New London....they mostly run their 40 ft New Flyers on that line, everytime I've seen a 35 footer on the 108 its crushloaded.

SEAT is one of those companies that carved their niche out and from everything I've heard does a good job. Thats why I said to stay away from it....it's not broke, don't try and fix it.

108 is the only service with transit buses that is an Amtrak Thruway route, IIRC.

SEAT alone yes surrounding areas in CT not so much hence why I wanted to know the lines with high and low ridership. What do you know about their city routes???

SEAT alone yes surrounding areas in CT not so much hence why I wanted to know the lines with high and low ridership. What do you know about their city routes???

I don't know much... SEAT is one of those systems, like Northeastern CT Transit District, Northwestern CT Transit District, 9 Town Transit, and Orange County Dial-A-Bus; that are small and not well-known outside and sometimes inside their service areas.

what are their bus rtes like ridership-wise How can they improve??? What missing links are there.

qjtransitmaster. This is what I would like you to do. Research all these transit agencies and bus lines BEFORE you comment on them or ask someone else. You have Wikipedia, TTMG, thousands of threads on this forum, and tons of other references ike the official websites of the transit agencies and routes in question.

Stop creating countless threads that do not contribute to the overall spectrum of NYCTF. Stop hijacking threads and takeing them off the original topic.

Stop trying to get points across that make no sense.

Sit back and relax. Read, research, and study.

I don't want to see anymore how this or that improve threads unless someone else brings it up.

I don't want you to ask anything else about a subject you know nothing about until you do some basic research.

If we have to discuss this further, every post you think about making will have to go through me before it even touches the light if day!

I hope I make myself very clear! If you have and questions, comments or concerns, feel free to send me a private message.

Archived