If you have a Mac, do not buy OS X Lion

It is awful and a pathetic release.

Programs run vastly slower, full screen barely works, Safari reopens all of your tabs regardless of whether or not you want it to, it kills your PowerPC programs, the Safari reading list doesn't work, Finder has been made worse, restarting from sleep crashes often, the new Mail is terrible, viruses and pop-ups now exist, Office has trouble loading, and Natural Scrolling is useless.

It's just a tumbling mess of bugs and generally slower programs, to the point where I can't use half of them. Makes Vista look like a thing of glory.

:tdown::tdown:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Vista series of the Mac OS.

The MacBook that I'm using at the moment has the 10.5 "Leopard" OS...my cousin gave it to me last week and I was thinking about upgrading it but at a later time when I have more money.

This is somewhat shocking to hear...don't these operating systems go through rigorous tests before they are released to the public?

Also, lol @ the Mac Lion/Windows Vista jokes...my PC still runs on XP and unless I decide to switch to one computer only (my Mac) I won't even bother upgrading my PC.

It is awful and a pathetic release.

Programs run vastly slower, full screen barely works, Safari reopens all of your tabs regardless of whether or not you want it to, it kills your PowerPC programs, the Safari reading list doesn't work, Finder has been made worse, restarting from sleep crashes often, the new Mail is terrible, viruses and pop-ups now exist, Office has trouble loading, and Natural Scrolling is useless.

It's just a tumbling mess of bugs and generally slower programs, to the point where I can't use half of them. Makes Vista look like a thing of glory.

:tdown::tdown:

To be honest, I'm not surprised to hear any of this because I've heard complaints from a few other peeps about OS X Lion. Apple sure fumbled the ball with this one.

If you have a Mac, then I'd assume you'd be used to overpriced technology. If you aren't, then well....

you can't call yourself a Mac

It also seems there is a little bug that hackers can use to blow your battery up......

http://www.pcworld.com/article/236440/apple_macbook_batteries_vulnerable_to_malware_destruction.html

The only thing cheap from Apple is the OS itself... $29.99. However, Apple makes their money selling hardware, not software. Microsoft doesn't say things like "Windows 7 is only licensed to run on an Acer" so they make their money selling software. Those of you complaining about Windows's OS price tag, there you have the reason. $300 is still too much for Win 7 Ultimate IMHO

I've been using this Lion for a few days now, no problems whatsoever for me so far. I have the Mid 2010 Macbook Pro and it moves much better than 10.6. Although the very ipad-like controls take some getting used to, it's an excellent update for us Mac users. My full screen works on almost all of my programs and I haven't had one crash, virus or pop-up yet. #justsaying

Messino, that is the reason why Mac OS run so well

Mac: They only run on certain pieces of hardware, and they only run on an environment that they are designed to run in. This makes OSX run a lot better then Windows, but Apple computers are overpriced which is why most people stick to Windows and exchange speed for more $$$ in their pockets. I've seen $300 PCs but if a Mac was ever $300 then the sun would come up from the West.

Windows: They could run on any computer and they don't run in on any specific hardware. Its hard to make a OS run better because it runs on so many different environments.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be working with Macs again once school begins! Whee. Hopefully they haven't upgraded their operating systems...

oh they have though...in a big way. they now have an operating software called Lion. Haven't played around with it myself, but have heard mix things.

Archived