Brooklyn Division to Become Regional

Micstromme

There are a few threads on other sites that appears to have the idea that the Brooklyn Division, the busiest and even the heaviest depot division is going to divide into two parts real soon. The Divisions will be called Brooklyn North Division and Brooklyn South Division.

Under each division, there will be three NYCT depots affiliated. In North Division, there will be the East New York Depot, the Fresh Pond Depot and finally the Grand Avenue Depot, while the South Division will pick up the Flatbush Depot, Gleason Depot in Bay Ridge and the Ulmer Park Depot.

The Spring Depot might also be picked up in the Southern Division.

Now that you have an idea of what will be happening in Brooklyn over the next few months, please feel free to comment freely. The goal of my thread here is to inform you. Thank you for riding with MTA New York City Transit

Interesting i wonder if this will affect service. I hope it doesn't effect the bus assignments to depots. Thats the last thing i need to hear is that flatbush depot is getting the orion VII. That will be nightmare and compete disater i hope that never happens. However that would be cool if the spring creek orion V CNGs went to flatbush depot!!!! OMG OMG i would pass out if i see an orion V on my B41!! But this will be interesting indeed i wound't mind if they suffle the RTSs around. But if low floor buses somehow find their way to my beloved flatbush depot then oh god.....

As I said on another board, I don't think it will make too much of a difference, but I hope the south division doesn't get neglected. All the North depots are significant to MTA ops. East New York is Surface Transit Headquarters & CMF, Fresh Pond is Brooklyn Division Headquarters, and Grand Av is a CMF also.

Archived