Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Map of Express Buses in Manhattan?

Gorgor

I was wondering if there was a map anywhere of how all the express buses from the outer boroughs run in Manhattan.

I was able to find this one from 2003 of express buses from Staten Island and Brooklyn, but can't find one of present day.

I was also curious what's the difference between bus routes that start with an X as opposed to the borough initial and then M (such as QM, BxM, or BM). On old bus maps the only express bus routes shown are the ones that start with an X.

I was wondering if there was a map anywhere of how all the express buses from the outer boroughs run in Manhattan.

I was able to find this one from 2003 of express buses from Staten Island and Brooklyn, but can't find one of present day.

I was also curious what's the difference between bus routes that start with an X as opposed to the borough initial and then M (such as QM, BxM, or BM). On old bus maps the only express bus routes shown are the ones that start with an X.

If I'm not mistaken, the Express bus routes starting with 'X' are NYCT-operated, whereas all the other express buses are run under MTA bus. As for a map, I have no idea.

the double letter ones were run by private companies like Queens Surface, Liberty Lines, etc untill about 2005 when the MTA bought up all the private companies and merged them into MTA Bus.

I tried to access EXP Map via web archive, but no luck.

At that time, I did not know about Google Document when I was using PC.

no need cause every outerborough busmap except staten island have the detailed express bus map of lines in manhattan on their back. The staten island manhattan detail map is on the front inside an inset. So there is no need.

no need cause every outerborough busmap except staten island have the detailed express bus map of lines in manhattan on their back. The staten island manhattan detail map is on the front inside an inset. So there is no need.

Queens doesn't have a map of the express buses in Manhattan.

Queens doesn't have a map of the express buses in Manhattan.

I forgot queens is the exception but then again almost all of em travel on 6th ave and 3rd ave. Plus some lines are so useless they aren't even worth showing. The manhattan routing of queens bound express buses is so simple and straight foward there is no need for a map of it.

I forgot queens is the exception but then again almost all of em travel on 6th ave and 3rd ave. Plus some lines are so useless they aren't even worth showing. The manhattan routing of queens bound express buses is so simple and straight foward there is no need for a map of it.

Queens does need an inset. It can be simple, as there are only 3 major routing patterns (6 Av loop, 3 Av loop, Downtown loop). However, there are some exceptions which need to be documented. (NYCT expresses come to mind)

Archived