My Personal Good Samaritan Story

R68 Subway Car

After today's Yankee win, I was coming home via the Subway and at 2nd Avenue at Lower Manhattan, as I was transferring to another train, I saw a guy in a red shirt lying on the Platform. He chest was moving, but had his eyes closed. Out of concern, I ran to the token booth to get some help. As it was coming, the guy woke up and told me he has been on the platform since before I was born (He was apparently on drugs and he made this ridiculous exaggeration). Finally, help came and the guy got up safe and sound. The EMT told me, "Good Job, Citizen" and I quickly said Thank You before boarding another train to go home.

I gave a dollar to a homeless guy.

I've bought candy on the subway to "help the cause".

I've expressed interest in "upcoming" authors and mucusians' projects (one guy even claimed Oprah supported his book--LOL).

Feels nice to be good, doesn't it?

Good to hear you helped! My good Samaritan moments always happen on the highway, say someone doesn't have their lights on or someone just gets into an accident. (I've always seen people not stop and just go or stop and just watch.)

Nice! One of the reasons why i moved away from NY because of the bad rep it gets for people not giving a crap, which is true to an extent.

One time I was going downtown to a friends house so as I was walking up the steps for the (5) @ Baychester Av and this young girl, she was about 22-23 or so had 2 newborn babies(twins) in 2 baby carriages and was having trouble getting up the steps and all these guys walked past her, one even asked her for her number she said no and he walked away. She had a hard time getting up the 1st flight of steps, so I went up to her and asked if she needed help, she said yes and I carried both of the baby carriages up the steps for her. She thanked me like 3 times and when she got off at east 180th I made sure she got off the train of with the babies, told her have a great day and i got back on the (5) and went my merry way.

Archived