Photos From Today

I Run Trains

i was In Bay Ridge Today and i saw the S79 and thought to myself since i have a lot of time and i aint been to staten Island in a long time, i took a lil trip and heres some of the pics..

Eltingville Transit Center

PC240019.jpg

PC240020.jpg

PC240021.jpg

Main Street In Tottenville (S74)

PC240022.jpg

PC240023.jpg

PC240024.jpg

I wish that these buses would come to the Brooklyn North and Brooklyn South Division. Somehow, I think these Orion 5 series would be incredible running out of the Flatbush and Ulmer Park Depots, amongst other routes.

Nice pics!

The S74 though isn't a good SI route to busfan though as it's pretty boring for the most part.

I've noticed that Staten Island is becoming of interest to more over here but here's a few tips I would give when it comes to busfanning on SI.

-Avoid traveling between 2:30pm and 3:30pm on School Days.

-Most of the time, the in-between ferry bus runs move faster and are much emptier.

-Avoid the Victory Blvd lines as well as the S48. They're very prone to getting caught in traffic.

-Must Rides:

S46 - This is a good and frequent route to check out what the North Shore is all about. It has a Brooklyn/Queens feel to it unlike the rest of the SI routes.

S54 - A lesser used route, that takes an interesting routing through the Greenbelt, beginning at the gritty project buildings of West Brighton and ending at the almost-million dollar homes of Eltingville.

S79 - Seems to be the most popular among busfans but I try to avoid it as much as possible because it's a very long ride. I would recommend the S53 instead even though that doesn't go anywhere special.

S89 of course!

S90 - definitely takes the award for being fastest bus in the NYCT. It would probably even rival the times that a North Shore train line would make.

Nice pics!

The S74 though isn't a good SI route to busfan though as it's pretty boring for the most part.

I've noticed that Staten Island is becoming of interest to more over here but here's a few tips I would give when it comes to busfanning on SI.

-Most of the time, the in-between ferry bus runs move faster and are much emptier.

-Avoid the Victory Blvd lines as well as the S48. They're very prone to getting caught in traffic.

-Must Rides:

S46 - This is a good and frequent route to check out what the North Shore is all about. It has a Brooklyn/Queens feel to it unlike the rest of the SI routes.

S54 - A lesser used route, that takes an interesting routing through the Greenbelt, beginning at the gritty project buildings of West Brighton and ending at the almost-million dollar homes of Eltingville.

S79 - Seems to be the most popular among busfans but I try to avoid it as much as possible because it's a very long ride. I would recommend the S53 instead even though that doesn't go anywhere special.

S89 of course!

S90 - definitely takes the award for being fastest bus in the NYCT. It would probably even rival the times that a North Shore train line would make.

well i took the S74 because i havent been on the bus in a long time and i remember it was a long route. the route seems like its running in the suburbs thou... lol. a lot of forest like areas on that route..

but what made me Busfan Staten Island is because i live In Manhattan. I was Born and rasied in the Bronx and where i live at in washington hts im 2 minutes from the 181 street bridge, so im always in the bx.. And im always In Brooklyn and Queens.. so i went to S.I

Nice pics!

-Must Rides:

S89 of course!

Ahh, the good old S54. I took that bus from Richmondtown to Wagner High School for 4 years! However, the S79, was probably my favorite route to ride. Behind the S79 was S57, & S61.

Great pictures! And how long are the 3000s in Staten Island for?! When my residency in Staten Island came to a halt back in August of 2006, their were no 3000s out of Yukon. They actually just finished swapping the MCI 1950s-1989 and some (2700s?) from Yukon to Castleton..

Archived