New Prevost #2400 has arrived

Okay here goes... Forgive the sh*tty shots, but I took these literally as I was crossing 45th street and Madison from my office, doing the hussle over to Whole Foods, as I was STARVING... If I had a real camera and had time they would've come out much better... -_-

See below...

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=458304&postcount=7

Via Garibaldi 8: UGH.... why is it so difficult to post pics on this site??!??

B35 via Church: via... check your pic thread... I posted your pics for you

via...

you need the URL of the individual picture itself in order to post pics on a forum.... those 2 links you provided are of webpages containing the image.....

----

**post edited**

Just look at via's reply in post #8 to my original post below of his two pics....

Don't want people to give me dap for pics that aint mine... lol

via... you need the URL of the individual picture itself in order to post pics on a forum.... those 2 links you provided are of webpages containing the image.....

just attempt to quote my post & you'll see how I posted these 2 pics of yours.....

1.jpg

2.jpg

I added the links because the pictures wouldn't appear properly... -_-

It was likely only for display. Interesting look to the bus.

Yeah, there are no depot stickers on it yet... Another thing I noticed is that it is designed like the newer buses in that the front doesn't have the blue stripe and it's just a straight blue stripe on the sides... I was thinking to get on it, but I'm not sure if regular folks can or not, as I saw what looked like (MTA) personnel on it. Not the first time I've saw a new bus parked there. A few months back they had a NOVA parked out in front there, but I didn't take any pics. What I don't like is the divider thingy right in between the destination signage. Kinda gets in the way... I think the bus number on the back should be centered under the bus signage.

In a million years, I would of never thought Prevost making a full length Destination Sign. I need to see more clear pics to give it a fair judgment. At least it's big enough so that people that can't see that well can see where it's going. One thing I will criticize, and I will never understand why MTA doesn't do this, but does it cost more to have electronic run number displays like NJT does instead of using the scrolling ones, like the old Metro's that I used to drive? I just think it's tacky. If MTA wants to pay top dollar for a bus, including power supply plugs, couldn't they afford to get a electronic run number display?

In a million years, I would of never thought Prevost making a full length Destination Sign. I need to see more clear pics to give it a fair judgment. At least it's big enough so that people that can't see that well can see where it's going. One thing I will criticize, and I will never understand why MTA doesn't do this, but does it cost more to have electronic run number displays like NJT does instead of using the scrolling ones, like the old Metro's that I used to drive? I just think it's tacky. If MTA wants to pay top dollar for a bus, including power supply plugs, couldn't they afford to get a electronic run number display?

Oh, Prevost has made transit buses with full length destination signs before.

This might not be full length per-say, but this is close enough

GO1600atClarksonGO.jpg

Oh, Prevost has made transit buses with full length destination signs before.

This might not be full length per-say, but this is close enough

GO1600atClarksonGO.jpg

That is what I thought it would look like. IINM before the MTA order, that may have been the only such order, and I believe that those buses are now retired.

At least this will mean the end of 1860-2039 now.

That is what I thought it would look like. IINM before the MTA order, that may have been the only such order, and I believe that those buses are now retired.

At least this will mean the end of 1860-2039 now.

You and me both, I was expecting a look that was similar to this.

As for 1860-2039, looks like its go-time to fan for them buses even though a majority of them are gone.

Archived