Interesting Signs

I Run Trains

I want to see a side sign set for the (JFK) on an in-service train. That'll really confuse people, they'll be thinking the Train to the Plane is back and just imagine the reaction of someone who hasn't been in the city in 18+ years. They'll get a completely wrong idea that the (JFK) lives!

On a side note if you swing by Concourse yard, in the area bound by Bedford Park Blvd, the (4) el, and Lehman College (southernmost part of the yard), you'll find some R42 trains laying up down there (about to be scrapped I think). Some side signs have the (JFK), with "North Terminal" and "JFK Airport," also I've seen a (K), but can't remember destinations.

Those signs are not strange at all.... to some one with a hex key! I one time saw a T/O on an (M) train set the side sign from (K) to an up-side down (W) saying that from the inside it looks close enought. In my room I some times see the very strange (E)(7x) train or the (H)(S) B).

Its interesting to note, that all 3 rollsigns have the same exact background ads, plus the scratchitti -CITI- writing is on all of them. hmm, interesting;), not trying to blow your cover here bro. I used to play with signs back in the day tooo B)

Its interesting to note, that all 3 rollsigns have the same exact background ads, plus the scratchitti -CITI- writing is on all of them. hmm, interesting;), not trying to blow your cover here bro. I used to play with signs back in the day tooo B)

Lol... ok I'm caught!!!!! Lol... ok I'll make up some more interesting ones!!!! Lol

Its interesting to note, that all 3 rollsigns have the same exact background ads, plus the scratchitti -CITI- writing is on all of them. hmm, interesting;), not trying to blow your cover here bro. I used to play with signs back in the day tooo :D

Too sharp! ;)

Its interesting to note, that all 3 rollsigns have the same exact background ads, plus the scratchitti -CITI- writing is on all of them. hmm, interesting;), not trying to blow your cover here bro. I used to play with signs back in the day tooo ;)

I never would have caught that. I thought they were all real.

I never would have caught that. I thought they were all real.

They are all real...

i just went to that one sign and changed it! lol

I be on the train wondering how certain signs look. so i just change and look...

i have one of those sign changer things,, i forgot what they are called.. i have one because my pops is a train operator.. so... i experiment! lol

A hex key. I wish I had hookups like that, but I don't know too many guys from

RTO. It's not the same as bus operators, where I can get cool with them easily since their cab is in open space. T/Os and C/Rs are isolated from passengers, so I only talk to them when they're on break or something in the station.

That is terrific. The (A) looks good withthese R42s. I just hope that the (A) and (C) get more of these trains before they are sent to a watery grave.

Seriously, the sight of them being buried under sea breaks my heart (should I decide to have one-Lol).

Also, I can't wait for the (G) to extend to the Church Avenue Terminus. I think that could allow for some exchanges with longer car sets. Even better, the (G) could become an interchanged fleet (R46s, R42s, even R32s, hopefully).

Archived