R32's still on (A)?

NYtransit

R46 (C) R32 (A) as it should be :tup: anywho, anyone know what happened to R32 3510-3511 :confused: its not on the roster.

@ Coney Island aka 38th st yard for Work service

The R32's SHOULD NOT be on the (A), I rode one yesterday and it was a living hell at 207th, they had to change the signs 3 times first it was going to lefferts then they said **** it, Keep at Far Rock then they said Lay it up then Im at 168th and I see the same ******* R32 that had nothing but Far Rockaway Signs but they were sending it to lefferts

I don't give a damn Its a Bad idea and its hard for the crew and the dispatchers to assign the trains especially when the Lefferts shuttle starts, Shit you can't run OPTO on the R32's,

WASTE OF MONEY, MANPOWER and TIME

They need to send half or All of these R32's to another Yard Like Coney Island WHERE YOU HAVE the (:o that only runs 5 days a week

The Hell with this the only good thing that i liked about this was the damn (H) other than that it was a retarded move

i suppose they could just fix the intercoms (can they do that?) and simply announce where the train is going a bit better. But that's all I got.

thats the best that they could do, everyone and anyone who rides the (A) in bklyn knows the train is either going to Far Rock or Lefferts. no one reads the signs, they listen to what the next stop is after Rockaway Blvd

@ Coney Island aka 38th st yard for Work service

The R32's SHOULD NOT be on the (A), I rode one yesterday and it was a living hell at 207th, they had to change the signs 3 times first it was going to lefferts then they said **** it, Keep at Far Rock then they said Lay it up then Im at 168th and I see the same ******* R32 that had nothing but Far Rockaway Signs but they were sending it to lefferts

I don't give a damn Its a Bad idea and its hard for the crew and the dispatchers to assign the trains especially when the Lefferts shuttle starts, Shit you can't run OPTO on the R32's,

WASTE OF MONEY, MANPOWER and TIME

They need to send half or All of these R32's to another Yard Like Coney Island WHERE YOU HAVE the (;) that only runs 5 days a week

The Hell with this the only good thing that i liked about this was the damn (H) other than that it was a retarded move

they did it fine for so many years with the R38s and R32s, why is it all of a sudden a problem now that they cant have one guy just go in, flip the signs around quickly and send the train out like they normally do.

Guest lance25

They got too comfortable with the R44s and R46s and the digital signs, so now that they're back to using the R32s, they have to get used to changing the 20 rollsigns again. Or at the very least change the ones on the first and last cars and the conductor's car. But if the train's rerouted on the fly, there's not much you can do about the signs.

they did it fine for so many years with the R38s and R32s, why is it all of a sudden a problem now that they cant have one guy just go in, flip the signs around quickly and send the train out like they normally do.

Things have changed, But the R32's do Breakdown less than the R46's so thats the only good thing, the other good thing is half of the R32's on the (A) is for Rock Park service, and that means if on saturday when there is a lot of R32's in the Rock Park yard, 2 of those R32's with one R46 will be on the Rockaway Shuttle (H) FTW!!! ;) and the rest ether Far Rockaway or Lefferts for the week

there are 12 R32's assigned to the (A) today

5-7 trainsets for Rush Hour Service

5 Rock Park and 2 lefferts put ins

and 4 for all day service

Things have changed, But the R32's do Breakdown less than the R46's so thats the only good thing, the other good thing is half of the R32's on the (A) is for Rock Park service, and that means if on saturday when there is a lot of R32's in the Rock Park yard, 2 of those R32's with one R46 will be on the Rockaway Shuttle (H) FTW!!! ;) and the rest ether Far Rockaway or Lefferts for the week

I was at 207th the other day, and 2 R32s pull in, and both were taken out of service up there, were those the put ins? This was about 11:30am when they got up there.

I was at 207th the other day, and 2 R32s pull in, and both were taken out of service up there, were those the put ins? This was about 11:30am when they got up there.

wow i don't know those intervals but they always like taking them out, Plus the Crews bicth about how they hate driving them, but 5 times out of 10 you can catch one on the (A) during the day

Actually it's the other way around R32s breakdown more than the R46s, but we have to see what the updated MDBF's are.

Actually it's the other way around R32s breakdown more than the R46s, but we have to see what the updated MDBF's are.

The last one was the R32's breakdown every 95,000 miles

The R46 Breakdown every 76,000 miles

and that was this year

The only issue with the R32's is their HVAC units

Guest MTA Bus
Best ©hance to catch the 32 (A) is at 59th St for the Rock Pk Put-ins! thats if you don't feel like chasing or waiting a long time b\c u have bad luck!

What time does the (A) to Rockaway Park leave 59th St

wow i don't know those intervals but they always like taking them out, Plus the Crews bicth about how they hate driving them, but 5 times out of 10 you can catch one on the (A) during the day

The T/Os say the A/C was bad (the 46 I had yesterday had terrible AC and I had to take it local from Lefferts...), but more over its the C/R, remember C/R has no seat in the cab in 10-car trains of that type (their cab is at the #2 end unlike when it runs on the (C) its at the #1 end). The reason most are going to Far Rock/Rock Park is to cut down on the steel dust being taken into the compressors and filters (although not by much)

The T/Os say the A/C was bad (the 46 I had yesterday had terrible AC and I had to take it local from Lefferts...), but more over its the C/R, remember C/R has no seat in the cab in 10-car trains of that type (their cab is at the #2 end unlike when it runs on the (C) its at the #1 end). The reason most are going to Far Rock/Rock Park is to cut down on the steel dust being taken into the compressors and filters (although not by much)

Too bad its not like computers where you take a can of compressed air and blow it all out of the compressors and filters.

(:P terrible computer joke anyway...)

But seriously, it's kinda cool to see the r/f community basically excited. If nothing else, this equipment switch has gotten the railfans revitalized. Seeing the (H) again pushed the nostalgia buttons just because I have enough time on me to remember it running main stream out there.

What time does the (A) to Rockaway Park leave 59th St

http://mta.info/nyct/service/pdf/tacur.pdf not sure what direction you mean but here is the schedule for the (A). You can get a paper version of this yourself at 3 Stone Street, Manhattan. Take (4)(5) to Bowling Green, exit out the stairs wiht the escilators, then turn right down broadway then left by the Chipotle, then its down there by the Whitehall St stairs.

Too bad its not like computers where you take a can of compressed air and blow it all out of the compressors and filters.

(:P terrible computer joke anyway...)

But seriously, it's kinda cool to see the r/f community basically excited. If nothing else, this equipment switch has gotten the railfans revitalized. Seeing the (H) again pushed the nostalgia buttons just because I have enough time on me to remember it running main stream out there.

You Might see that R32 (H) again this weekend

Took a ride on an R46 Far Rock bound (A) on Wed and found out the train was going to make all local stops. So, I get off at Hoyt and waited for the next (A) which turned out to be a Rock Park (A). In the back of my mind, I'm thinking maybe it is an r32, and moments later, my intuition paid off. I knew I had no shot at the front so I opted for the last car.

For the whole stretch of the run, it seemed like there was no (C) trains at all. I was wondering if that local (A) was pretty much the only train from Hoyt to Euclid. I took a few vids from the back and at Rock Park I got a few shots of it*. Such a great sight to see.

*again backed up on photos, so won't be able to post them for some time.

Archived