Take This Job and Love It

Trainspotter

You got just the B/O-C/R, or did you get the T/O book too?

There was a place on worth street that i brought my T/O book from when i took the frist Open Competitve Test in 2000..

Didnt steer me wrong...

Yes they did ask about LandMarks in the T/O Test and which trains you have to take to get there..

There was a place on worth street that i brought my T/O book from when i took the frist Open Competitve Test in 2000..

Didnt steer me wrong...

Yes they did ask about LandMarks in the T/O Test and which trains you have to take to get there..

I got mine from Barnes and Nobles, and that's where R1 got it from. Nothing about landmarks on my exam, or in the book. Nothing about which trains go where. Alot of the questions in the book, wasn't even on the test. But it did was prepared me for what to look for in the answers on the actual test. Most of the test, Rules and Regulations. Helped me get that 95.714 score.

I brought the Arco and Passbook which both had stuff for the C/R's Exam and just the Passbook for all the other job titles. When I took the C/R Exam back when I was 16 in 1998 it was a lottery and about only a few Thousand could take the test. I scored a 98.5% One wrong list # 53. The Qustion I got wrong remember to this day. What is the closest station to the New York Stock Exchange? A) (2)(3) Wall St B) (4)(5) Wall Street c) (J)(M)(Z) Broad St d) (1)(9) to Rector Street. I choose B but the currect answer is C (J)(M)(Z) Broad St. The one question didn't do me in too bad since the first 20 of the class was promotional and the rest O/C. The O/C ahead of my mostly went to the B Div with a hand full going to A Div. I was the 3rd to last to pick A Div. and only 20 of us was going to A Div out of 63 people. My C/R group (A ) Div are a cool group of people we were not cut troat at Pick time. We all show up at the same time and try to get our stuff together with out bumping one another. We mostly picked AM's or PM's on the (4)(6) Lines. We get together once a year still to this day just to spent a night out and party together. My group was 10 C/R's because they have the classes in 10's. We have 7 C/R's now one was fired and two including me got promoted ;).

Now for T/O the book was a waste of money since they had to ask us the same questions as someone from the street so it was Reading Comp. I got 100% of the questions currect BUT when you take a Promotional thats only 85% of your total score the rest is your time in transit that makes up the other 15% so my final score was like a 96% list # 40. However then the first class came I was # 22 out of 30. They made it a point of the first day of school car to tell us the #1 man on th T/O list was disquilifed over sick time. We were School cars first Promotional class in years and it was very intresting and maybe one of the most hated. We wrote up the School car TSS's/ Supt and caused a shake up where towards the end all the instructors got reassiged to another group. Lucky my group keeped our main guy. When we made it to the road and someone messed up we blamed school car for our troubles. This caused some TSS's to get forced to the Road and some Road TSS's sent to School car. My group was the quite ones since most of my group was 7 B Div C/R 2 A Div C/R 1 B/O. The other two groups had mostly A Div C/R's who like me was pissed being forced into the B Div so we had to give someone hell for it.

My group got alone but not as close as my group of C/R's. We don't hang out and when it comes to the Pick we see a job on a line and Terminal we want you will get bumped. We had a class of 10 and now only have 7 active T/O's. We had 3 demotions back to C/R. That makes me the #1 man in my group so they can't do damage to me just the 14 ahead of me from the other 2 groups in the class. Most of them picked on the (E)(F)(R) Lines. I was the odd ball and picked the (L)(M) Lines.

I got mine from Barnes and Nobles, and that's where R1 got it from. Nothing about landmarks on my exam, or in the book. Nothing about which trains go where. Alot of the questions in the book, wasn't even on the test. But it did was prepared me for what to look for in the answers on the actual test. Most of the test, Rules and Regulations. Helped me get that 95.714 score.

You was lucky, i had rules and regulations on my test as well, along with a track map of a small yard, asking which train goes to which side of the yard..

We had a class of 10 and now only have 7 active T/O's. We had 3 demotions back to C/R. That makes me the #1 man in my group so they can't do damage to me just the 14 ahead of me from the other 2 groups in the class. Most of them picked on the (E)(F)(R) Lines. I was the odd ball and picked the (L)(M) Lines.

You heard of ether rags? Can't pick if your out cold.;):D:D

I once asked a token booth clerk where was a department of motor vehicles and he had no idea where.

Should he have known something like that?

Well, everyone should know where the MV is, especially if one drives a car.

Probably wasn't from the area. Guess he was being honest.

I once asked a token booth clerk where was a department of motor vehicles and he had no idea where.

They only need know where tourist go to spend their money. Those going to the DMV, are possibly looking to drive and not use the system. Of course we all know many people with drivers licenses, who still use mass transit.

Most people who don't drive don't know where the DMV office is located. I've only been there once in my life, and it was to get my New York State ID.

They only need know where tourist go to spend their money. Those going to the DMV, are possibly looking to drive and not use the system. Of course we all know many people with drivers licenses, who still use mass transit.

Like me. I wish I could drive to work.

Archived