Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Shortline Bus

Motorman on No. 5 train attacked by screaming man wielding a screwdriver

A man wielding a screwdriver and screaming someone wanted to kill him tried to hijack a subway train by forcing his way into a motorman's cab, cops, a witness and the motorman said Monday.

The terrifying 10-minute ordeal on a crowded northbound No. 5 train happened Friday and prompted panicked passengers to rush to the conductor's defense.

"I had some passengers helping me, so thank God for them," said motorman Darryl George, 36. "There are still good people in New York City."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/07/26/2011-07-26_start_train_or_die_terrifying_10minute_crisis_for_conductor_on_5_train_in_bronx.html#ixzz1TDGpIfhP

post-3473-133288582622_thumb.jpg

post-3473-133288582622_thumb.jpg

Wow, I damn laughed when they said "He might have saw the The Pelham 123 too many times"

I am glad they are safe and he should be arrested for life. Thanks for this story.

Wow, I damn laughed when they said "He might have saw the The Pelham 123 too many times"

I am glad they are safe and he should be arrested for life. Thanks for this story.

Here is what you don't get what if he has mental issues... so your just going to send him to jail with no treatment? So When he gets out he will do the same thing all over again... smfh

Here is what you don't get what if he has mental issues... so your just going to send him to jail with no treatment? So When he gets out he will do the same thing all over again... smfh

He went to jail 40 times from 1985, and he has mental issues. Hes pshyco (or however you spell it). He deserves jail for life for all these crimes he done. The passengers could have been killed if the train didn't stop. Definatly related to the Pelham 123, what next? He tells the maior to give him money?

One of the guys sounded like Little Jacob from GTA IV B)

Anyways, @MC: If you your suicidal and you hijack a train, you can just put it on full speed and easily derail the train with all the nooks and crannies on the White Plains line

That is true. Question I have to ask is will the person be able to drive it?

I think yes cause he was looking at the driver.

I highly doubt that somebody with that guys skills set would know

how to operate a train. That having been said they should throw

all of the judges who let him out off of a fast moving train on an elevated track:mad:

holy cow!! That really could have turned out so much worse.

I would think that, assuming the police were already contacted once the fight broke out, which it seems is what happened, and the information was going over the radio, why didn't the conductor activate the emergency brake?

One of the guys sounded like Little Jacob from GTA IV :P

Anyways, @MC: If you your suicidal and you hijack a train, you can just put it on full speed and easily derail the train with all the nooks and crannies on the White Plains line

doubt it if there are Timed signals or the Twr could just take the line up away and they make an interlocking all red

Did this guy think he can drive the train to go get some rock ? .....we have to many people out in society that need to be locked up....

I think ive seen that T/O before during PM rush hour.

But anyways, I see he didn't even locked his cab door.. Many T/Os and even C/Rs dont even lock the doors. Idk why but its a safety issue for them..

s George turned his back to radio a supervisor, Arrocho clambered inside.

"I was shocked," George said. "I couldn't believe it - he was inside my cab.

Pretty much it was unlocked.

yeah why wasnt his cab door locked? That was the point of strengthening these doors in the newer trains wasnt it? DUhhhhhooooooyy

I think ive seen that T/O before during PM rush hour.

But anyways, I see he didn't even locked his cab door.. Many T/Os and even C/Rs dont even lock the doors. Idk why but its a safety issue for them..

Pretty much it was unlocked.

Wrong..

Suspect Richard Arrocho, 42, is accused of entering George's front-car cab by climbing through its open side window from a wall alongside the tracks near the 149th St. station in the Bronx.

And watch the video, you can see that the passengers trying to help him yelled "open the door!!"