Report: Subway Fare Evaders May Have Upper Hand

LRG

emergency exit doors... heh, I wonder if the MTA is even hip to that farebeating hustle.... it's been going on, on the SB (2)(5) @ Church av for years.... and god knows where else in the system that's goin on at....

I'd call out station names but I don't want to give farebeaters that might actually be readin these forums ideas.

Sorry to spill the beans for the folks that are doin it, but.... what goes on w/ what I brought up @ Church, is actually worse.... there's premeditation involved....

Full knowing 2's & 5's in the early evening hours get bombarded w/ pax disembarking at church av, you will see a good crowd of ppl. actually loitering, waiting for some passenger(s) to use the emergency exit doors to leave the station, b/c the 3 HEET's aren't enough (or someone might have a stroller, heavy package, or w/e)....

Good chance these are folks not even seeking service towards the junction, but instead, back towards the other direction.... they're willing to ride back 3 stations, just to beat the fare.

I'd call out station names but I don't want to give farebeaters that might actually be readin these forums ideas.

I'm just wondering what ever happened to the undercover cops that they used to have doing stings at certain stations back when Giuliani was in office?? It's like they gave up or something.

Oh, I'm not askin anyone to call out station names.... I just pointed out that one b/c it's the one I'm 100% sure it goes on at.....

Since the board is most likely monitored, there might be a 0.000000001% chance something might be done about it....

I wouldn't hold my breath though.....

I'm just wondering what ever happened to the undercover cops that they used to have doing stings at certain stations back when Giuliani was in office?? It's like they gave up or something.

Now that you mention it...

I do miss the "homeless" guy that used to loiter at the chinese store on church b/w nostrand & fairview pl (E. 31st st).... that would be the guy that would catch B35 pax tryna farebeat on WB buses; back when WB 35's @ nostrand used to stop on the NE corner of church/nostrand (now the stop is on the NW corner of church/nostrand)

I also miss the "homeless" guy that used to loiter inside the manhattan bound side of the church av IRT..... too many ppl. got hip (cautious) to that, and started farebeating on the flatbush av bound side.... that's what started that.... and yes, there were people walking through the gates on the manhattan bound side platform - even w/ the S/A right there.....

Now that you mention it...

I do miss the "homeless" guy that used to loiter at the chinese store on church b/w nostrand & fairview pl (E. 31st st).... that would be the guy that would catch B35 pax tryna farebeat on WB buses; back when WB 35's @ nostrand used to stop on the NE corner of church/nostrand (now the stop is on the NW corner of church/nostrand)

I also miss the "homeless" guy that used to loiter inside the manhattan bound side of the church av IRT..... too many ppl. got hip (cautious) to that, and started farebeating on the flatbush av bound side.... that's what started that.... and yes, there were people walking through the gates on the manhattan bound side platform - even w/ the S/A right there.....

LOL... I know they were out because a friend of mine was busted hopping and he got a $60.00 fine. I thought to myself... Real genius, but with him he always hated cops and wanted to act out and rebel so I wasn't too surprised I guess.

Which is weird because they could make a killing with that.

They sure could have. I believe DeKalb Ave had some undercover guys. I had a dentist there over near Downtown Brooklyn/Brooklyn Heights area and would see them when I would exit the station.

Some people just dont think. It costs tax dollars to execute......

That's because we're doing it wrong. Layers of bureaucratic nonsense prevent executions from reaching maximum efficiency.

Archived