Mta New York City Bus #2400 P r e v o s t

ciboii22

Found some pictures of the new prevost online heres a look for those who didnt see inside or outside of it , it seats 57 passengers , has outlets it looks nice but i still consider mcis for mta .

" The MTA unveiled the first in a fleet of 90 new express buses Monday.

The vehicles will feature lower emissions, 57 passenger seats and brand new electrical outlets for riders to charge their laptops, PDAs and other wired accessories.

Cate Contino of the Straphangers campaign was on hand to inspect the new vehicles, “I think it’s hard to make riders happy, but this looks good. It smells new!”

The first bus will be on the streets in about two weeks as a part of the x17A line in Staten Island.

3eba561b4a269fc9889ff7133aed.jpg . 6b1defab4ac3a150cc8d930c8f96.jpg . 7c943e834412be942573cef2414d.jpg . a04ff8744d899e73970af77fd2d3.jpg . b66c27734d359f29d262797b98c3.jpg .

Whoa, HOT HOT HOT!!! Can't beat wall outlets...imagine if these had WiFi onboard! Take that MCI! Hahahahaha

@ENY...you haven't rode an express bus yet? O.o

The 3000s and 4300s got outlets.

OMG! I think its nearing the time that I take my first ever MTA express trip!

Best be hitting me up when you do! LOL!

OMG! I think its nearing the time that I take my first ever MTA express trip!

Its worth it , i kind of like them i just have to get used to them thats all . I will take my first ride when it goes on the X17A soon .

Whoa, HOT HOT HOT!!! Can't beat wall outlets...imagine if these had WiFi onboard! Take that MCI! Hahahahaha

@ENY...you haven't rode an express bus yet? O.o

Not an MTA express bus. I've been on them plenty of times, but never in passenger service.

I have been on every MCI model made after the MC-9, excluding the garbage G-series.

Best be hitting me up when you do! LOL!

I was actually supposed to get up with KR, but both of our schedules got crazy. I don't think I have fanned since 2006. But I'm ready to get back on the game now! So we'll have 700 new buses to choose from!:cool:

You'll be one of the first to know when I get ready to hit the streets again!

" The MTA unveiled the first in a fleet of 90 new express buses Monday.

The vehicles will feature lower emissions, 57 passenger seats and brand new electrical outlets for riders to charge their laptops, PDAs and other wired accessories.

Cate Contino of the Straphangers campaign was on hand to inspect the new vehicles, “I think it’s hard to make riders happy, but this looks good. It smells new!”

The first bus will be on the streets in about two weeks as a part of the x17A line in Staten Island.

Any idea which depot this will be out of? Yukon or Charleston?? I'm asking because the X17 appears to be split up between all 4 depots, but mainly Yukon and Charleston.

Any idea which depot this will be out of? Yukon or Charleston?? I'm asking because the X17 appears to be split up between all 4 depots, but mainly Yukon and Charleston.

Yukon in S.I, Ulmer Park in Brooklyn

Its charlestons bus it's gonna operate out of there in passenger service only , it'll go to ulmer park just so the drivers can train and so the mechanics can get used to them . It was at ulmer park this morning , now it's in staten island .

That is niiiiice! Are there outlets in every seat? The MCI 3000's have a few outlets, but most of them do not work, and some are taped over.

The front of the bus is kind of ugly to me, and those headlights look really tiny. Do they give off enough light? THe interior looks awesome, and looks like it has nice amount of legroom.

Its charlestons bus it's gonna operate out of there in passenger service only , it'll go to ulmer park just so the drivers can train and so the mechanics can get used to them . It was at ulmer park this morning , now it's in staten island .

Charleston? It's supposed to be 50 for Yukon and 40 for Ulmer Park IIRC

Charleston? It's supposed to be 50 for Yukon and 40 for Ulmer Park IIRC

These days more and more X17s have been out of Charleston and less so out of Yukon, so it could be possible. I believe the X17As in particular are being run out of Charleston based on my own observations.

These days more and more X17s have been out of Charleston and less so out of Yukon, so it could be possible. I believe the X17As in particular are being run out of Charleston based on my own observations.

x17a- Charleston

X17J- Yukon.

or it's a combination of both.

Hope I'm correct with this. This is also what I've been seeing as of late.

x17a- Charleston

X17J- Yukon.

or it's a combination of both.

Hope I'm correct with this. This is also what I've been seeing as of late.

Yeah, I've been seeing this as well. The X17Js though have been more and more out of Charleston and the same thing with the X17As.

Yeah, I've been seeing this as well. The X17Js though have been more and more out of Charleston and the same thing with the X17As.

I have a feeling that X17 is being operated by Charleston more than Yukon. I don't know too much of the staten island division, but it's very strange with these bus/route moves bwn Charleston and Yukon.

Archived