Mta New York City Bus #2400 P r e v o s t

ciboii22

Charleston? It's supposed to be 50 for Yukon and 40 for Ulmer Park IIRC

Yea trev told me charleston is supposed to get them and ulmer park . I didnt hear anything about yukon . At first i thought the bus was going to castleton but he told me its charleston , 2400 was at ulmer park yesterday morning and something told me to go there .

I have a feeling that X17 is being operated by Charleston more than Yukon. I don't know too much of the staten island division, but it's very strange with these bus/route moves bwn Charleston and Yukon.

It's not strange at all. The terminus for some of the X17s is very close to the Yukon Depot, plus the X17 used to be out of Yukon before Charleston opened up, so it doesn't surprise me too much.

Yukon in S.I, Ulmer Park in Brooklyn

Actually, Castleton and Ulmer Park. So that means the X10, X14, X27/8, and X37/8 only.

Unless there is going to be a massive bus movement in Staten Island, it's set up for a lot of 1998 MCIs at Castleton to head to the scrapyard. (The first depot should get 50; Castleton has 47 MCIs in the 1860-2039 range.

Ulmer Park may end up losing all of its non-4300 series MCIs.

Actually, Castleton and Ulmer Park. So that means the X10, X14, X27/8, and X37/8 only.

Unless there is going to be a massive bus movement in Staten Island, it's set up for a lot of 1998 MCIs at Castleton to head to the scrapyard. (The first depot should get 50; Castleton has 47 MCIs in the 1860-2039 range.

Since when was Castleton in the mix? Ive always heard Yukon, unless you learned some last minute information that we need to know?

Since when was Castleton in the mix? Ive always heard Yukon, unless you learned some last minute information that we need to know?

As far as I know. UP was getting 40 ands the original assignment was 50 to Yukon. Now I was told that UP still getting 40 and the 50 are gonna be split with Yukon and Charleston. Kinda suck cause I know where the crappy buses from the 3 above mentioned depots will end up.......... Castleton! Damn

As far as I know. UP was getting 40 ands the original assignment was 50 to Yukon. Now I was told that UP still getting 40 and the 50 are gonna be split with Yukon and Charleston. Kinda suck cause I know where the crappy buses from the 3 above mentioned depots will end up.......... Castleton! Damn

Well I guess we can thank the animals in Port Richmond and the folks that live over in Park Hill that find their way to the X10 from preventing us regular express bus riders from getting new buses. :mad:

A good solution would be to have the X10 run to Slosson Avenue at all times and re-route it so that it no longer serves Port Richmond. :cool: Those buses would be much cleaner.

Well I guess we can thank the animals in Port Richmond and the folks that live over in Park Hill that find their way to the X10 from preventing us regular express bus riders from getting new buses. :mad:

A good solution would be to have the X10 run to Slosson Avenue at all times and re-route it so that it no longer serves Port Richmond. :cool: Those buses would be much cleaner.

I doubt that's the reason, look how new the local fleet is at CAS... the fleet age has to be balanced hence all the old MCIs..

Technically thank the (MTA). Its not really fair that Castleton has been shafted for new buses while Yukon once again gets new MCI's (this is like their third batch of new coach buses).

I dont think so , they gonna retire the detriots and keep the 4300s , thats a maybe .

I do like this bus and the shots you put up and as God as my Witness ,I will be the only 1 from MTAB that will try to get trained on this bus first but first things first .....I have to do my magic on her :) and if anyone is curious on the Training thing well lets just say KR already has blessed a LFSA @126 SO PLEASE dont question me on how or why just now I'm that damn GOOD

I doubt that's the reason, look how new the local fleet is at CAS... the fleet age has to be balanced hence all the old MCIs..

What's balanced about one depot having all of the old MCIs?? :confused: lol Local and express service are two different things, so while they have a bunch of new local buses, I don't see what that has to do w/their express bus service.

Technically thank the (MTA). Its not really fair that Castleton has been shafted for new buses while Yukon once again gets new MCI's (this is like their third batch of new coach buses).

Yeah, I agree. While Yukon needs some, so does Castleton. Truth be told I guess maybe the reason is because Yukon had to give up some of their newer buses to Ulmer Park and then to Charleston.

What's balanced about one depot having all of the old MCIs?? :confused: lol Local and express service are two different things, so while they have a bunch of new local buses, I don't see what that has to do w/their express bus service.

Its the same depot dude, I don't think the the TA counts local and express fleet separate when trying to balance fleet age. before some brings up UP depot.. which will get a batch from all four test fleets, the 98/99 RTSs balances it out for them, most of their 98 Novas are really from 1997 lol.

Its the same depot dude, I don't think the the TA counts local and express fleet separate when trying to balance fleet age. before some brings up UP depot.. which will get a batch from all four test fleets, the 98/99 RTSs balances it out for them, most of their 98 Novas are really from 1997 lol.

They should though. Besides, Castleton only has the X10 and X14 now compared to a bunch of express bus lines before, so they don't have that many MCIs to replace.

I do like this bus and the shots you put up and as God as my Witness ,I will be the only 1 from MTAB that will try to get trained on this bus first but first things first .....I have to do my magic on her :o and if anyone is curious on the Training thing well lets just say KR already has blessed a LFSA @126 SO PLEASE dont question me on how or why just now I'm that damn GOOD

was that you i saw last week driving that LFSA with the training display up?

Archived