Amtrak Conductor trainee opening('til 9/04/11)

Tricknologist

Thanx for the info.

awesome i want to apply but do i need to be specilized or trained in the railway industry to be an assiatant conductor or i can enter like its my first time entering into this business?

i am willing to relocate but i need to find an apartment first with low rent payment.

awesome i want to apply but do i need to be specilized or trained in the railway industry to be an assiatant conductor or i can enter like its my first time entering into this business?

i am willing to relocate but i need to find an apartment first with low rent payment.

Whatever experience it says you need is all you need to get the job.

Well the posting for this assistant C/R job is out of New York. But you'll be traveling quite a bit, as the travel requirement is 100%.

goten2255,

You should only apply for the job if you're willing to relocate yourself.

I don't think any of us can make that decision for you.

You can apply for the position, take up the interview if they call you, then make your decision as to what you'd like to do. Sometimes people need career changes - and it can be for the better, or worse.

Always leave yourself some "wiggle-room" to fall back, just in case.

goten2255,

You should only apply for the job if you're willing to relocate yourself.

I don't think any of us can make that decision for you.

You can apply for the position, take up the interview if they call you, then make your decision as to what you'd like to do. Sometimes people need career changes - and it can be for the better, or worse.

Always leave yourself some "wiggle-room" to fall back, just in case.

i have applied many times over the years along with freinds and family but never got called.good luck to all that applied but my opinion you have a better chance hitting mega millions .B)

Is there anyone here that knows more about the life as a C/R trainee?

What are your daily duties?

How far in advance are you given a schedule?

Are you on reserve? Do you get a daily/weekly work assignment or do you sit at home or in the hotel waiting for an assignment?

Do you get your own hotel overnight or are you forced to share?

Are there any routes you are more likely to be on? (for instance the only times I've taken Amtrak has been on the Empire line and the crew seems to change in Albany).

$15.75/hr... I'm sure you have a good earning potential later on in your career, but not much if they don't use you a lot?

Do they use you a lot? Are there guaranteed hours a month?

I've always been interested in this, but unfortunately I'll have to wait for another time this around as I'm in school, unless the process takes a year. ;)

Archived