2011 NFL Free Agency, Preseason, Regular Season and Playoffs thread

JubaionBx12+SBS

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bro (B35)last night's game (super bowl 46)had a very good ending but at best a so-so match until the 4th period. Yet some NFL butt kissers in the media was calling this a classic. Not sure what they were drinking lol but the game in Feb. 2008 was so much better and one of the best IMO in super bowl history.

So basically in 2007-'08 super bowl you had the following.

-A team in the Pats going for an undefeated season and had blown out most of their oppopents vs. a good team that got hot after barely making the playoffs in the Giants as a wild card.

-Pats winning would have almost universally had made them the best team in NFL history.

-The Tyree catch helps the Giants score (other than the Jets shocker in Super Bowl 3 in 1969 vs. the Colts)the biggest upset in super bowl history.

Now 4 years later in the 2011-'12 super bowl.

-A Pats that goes 13-3 and the #1 seed beating up on mostly a much weaker AFC in the 2011-'12 season.

-Giants has to play in now brutal NFC i.e Saints, Packers and 49ers and in particuarly NFC East. Not to mention Big Blue probably wins 1-2 more game and probably get a 1st round bye if not for brutal injuries. So in reality the Giants was really a 11 win team and a #2 seed if everyone is healthy.

-Pats had maybe the worst secondary and one of the worst defenses ever for a team to make a super bowl.

Doing the math, the 2008 super bowl was much better played with better overall teams. Thus wish some of the media stop being butt-kissers to the NFL in calling last night's (SB46)one of the better NFL titles game.

STOP.:P

<bart simpson>"I hear a foghorn.... Borrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnnngggggg"</bart simpson>

I fell asleep watchin the game... Twice.

Like I kept sayin, once the G-men beat the packers & some team got rid of the saints along the way, they were gonna win the superbowl.... Matter fact, whoever came out of the NFC was gonna win it all this year.....

Anyone find it ironic as hell that the giants the past 3 games, were beneficiaries of opposing team's receivers/special teams dropping balls left & right?

lmao @ NE's DB's hittin the giants' recievers hard(er) all of a sudden (and the WR's still comin up w/ the catches !)..... don't matter how much "ummph" you put on the hits, their coverage is still suspect/weak..... they thought that corny shit was gonna work for them, like it did against the rams' WR's back in 2002....

anyway, Eli did his thing....

Now the critics can STFU about him being that timid, hesitant, questionable leadership skill havin QB like he was when he first came out......

Archived