R68 2842

KTrainExp

Don't really know if this is significant enough for its own thread, but I thought it was pretty damn unique since I've never seen this before in my entire life on any NYCTA train.

Saw 68 2842 on the (D) today (the lead car) with something that really stuck out. All the lights were turned off and the doors were locked. However, the rest of the 7 cars were working fine. I've never seen this before so could anybody explain if it was the victim of severe vandalism? I'm thinking it wasn't because if it was, then they would have taken the whole train out of service. However, all they did was turn the lights off and lock the entire first car.

Could anybody explain this?

I saw this as well today at 103 St, I have a crappy video ;).

I thought the car was in service and the lights somehow got disconnected.

Then again they could have locked that car since the lights were not working :confused:.

This was a similar situation on one of the R-32 (A) train sets this past Friday the entire 1st car was isolated no one but the T/O until a certain point b\c the rest of the cars were getting packed.Reason was it was a HOT car.I don't know how that T/O had his closet closed and still operated.

Archived