Dam camera lights

EliteOperator81

I'm curious since wood haven is full of them now does the front of the bus have to trigger the camera light , what if it's green and right as your about to pass it ..BAm yellow then red can you get a ticket for that?

Driving in a MCI of course 45footer

That's an interesting question- in theory, the cameras are set up so that as long as you enter the intersection when it is yellow, the camera should not go off, i.e. the timing is set up so that there is a little delay between a red light and when the camera would activate as a car went over the sensor in the ground. But, with a long bus like an MCI, especially since the heavy engine is in the back, that might not matter, since it takes time for the back wheels to pass over the sensor.

However, I know that someone reviews the pictures before they mail out a citation, so if they see the location of the bus in the intersection, they might be able to tell that you went into the intersection when it was yellow.

Like say you were trying to make a left from a side road onto a busy road and you had no other time to turn until just before the light turns red, will you still get nabbed?

If you were already past the white lines (into the intersection), the light shouldn't go off. If you were behind the white line and start turning after the light turns red, you will get nabbed.

Archived