Your Childhood?

R188 7857

This a thread about your childhood.

I remember that I always wanted to ride the subway and I did when I was 5. I rode a redbird on the 7 line. Ever since my first bus and train ride, I started liking transit. I then wanted to ride trains and buses alot. I rode more and more and eventually, when I was 6 I started to know the models. When I started growing up, I need to pay and I used tokens for subway. Then, when I was 15, my parents let me go out on my own. I was very sad when the redbirds were retired. When I was young, I always wanted to ride Orion V's and RTS's cause they were new.

The first subway car I rode was a redbird, and the first bus I rode was either an Orion V or an RTS, I forgot sorta.

When I learned how to ride a two wheel bike. I only rode like 15 feet but the feel was incredible. That's when I started to really like riding two wheel things. And Orion V 666 or Casey Stengel?

Neither. (E).

And..

When I first learned to ride a two wheel bike, I said "Motorcycle!". I thought since I could ride a two wheel bike, I could ride a motorcycle. LOL! I was like 5 or 6 at the time. When I was learning, I needed my dad to hold on to me. Now, I have a licence and a car.

Ditching school just to play Nintendo 64.

Riding bicycles throughout The Bronx plus going to Fordham just to buy 50 cent hot dogs.

Riding the scooters and shooting with cap guns.

At age 12 I got interested and first rode the NYC subway alone, became really enthusiastic.

Archived