Signal Maintainer Exam 2600 - How to Prepare?

octobermagic

• 1 month later...

Does Anyone know if there is a number we can call to find out our results or at least grasp an idea of when a List will be Established.

Thank You.

I don't have a phone number but can say that they still need to administer a practical exam for anybody that passed the written exam. After that they will put out a list based on the people that passed both exams. i wouldn't expect anything any time soon.

• 1 month later...

got a letter today indicating that i passed...and that my name was being placed on a list to tell when im supposed to do the practical

test

I also received the letter two days ago. I spoke to someone that received the letter three weeks ago! I wonder why such a delay for some?

I also received that same letter.Any heads up on what to expect on this practical test would be great

Thanks all

Not 100% sure but I believe they give you a few components and have you build a ciruit. Than you're required to make some measurements and possibly solve a problem within the circuit.

yuppp and it seems NYCT is taking their sweet ass time................

Most important thing to know is FLAGGING............thtas about 85% of the job....... :rolleyes:

Job is most assciated with RELAYS in series and parrell so you better be good with that...........the rest your going to have to learn in school

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well i took the test in May and was called in July but i think at the time they were on a hiring binge

Haha, we're WELL past that kind of timeline. Application filed in September 2011, testing in January 2012, and test results received in July 2012. Everybody is still waiting to be called back for the practical exam. Looks like we'll have to wait some more.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a call today….from MTA..have to go to the livingston office thursday @ 7:30….anybody else get the call

How did you make out?

I never heard anything back from my appeal. I was told that I inadequately described my work experience so I had to file the appeal with a more detailed explanation of my work experience.

I've been working for Con Ed in the mean time so it hasn't been on my mind until I saw your post today.

Got a call today….from MTA..have to go to the livingston office thursday @ 7:30….anybody else get the call

How did you make out?

I never heard anything back from my appeal. I was told that I inadequately described my work experience so I had to file the appeal with a more detailed explanation of my work experience.

I've been working for Con Ed in the mean time so it hasn't been on my mind until I saw your post today.

Wassup.... I used to work for con ed. I just resigned to be a train operator. (Childhood dream) I had 13years I was a splicer, and I was in training to be a trouble shooter. In the red wagons. Good luck on your appeal. @ liinstaller

Wassup.... I used to work for con ed. I just resigned to be a train operator. (Childhood dream) I had 13years I was a splicer, and I was in training to be a trouble shooter. In the red wagons. Good luck on your appeal. @ liinstaller

I'm in Astoria Operations in the Tech Services Lab. I test equipment for the #9 crews all the time.

Thanks Brownhornet78 I filed that appeal over a year ago...they're in no rush lol.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they're making some progress finally! I received a letter confirming that they accepted my appeal and they'll grade my practical exam! I received a 97 on my multiple choice and I know that I aced the practicle. Hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon!

• 1 month later...

@Liin

A little more progress...they graded my practical and I received a 100%. I'm number 1 on the list!

Congrats bro…unfortunately my list is 76…..but i have to report august 15th @ 7:30 for pre interview and medical examination

Archived