Beach 67th St name change

R33WF

Thanks for the update! After doing some research, Arverne by the Sea is some recent housing development near the station which warrants the station's name. Upon first impression though I was wondering why the name sounded so upscale.

Thanks for the update! After doing some research, Arverne by the Sea is some recent housing development near the station which warrants the station's name. Upon first impression though I was wondering why the name sounded so upscale.

Real Estate developers trying to trick people into actually living there making them think its desireable :P

You didn't know that?

Since the (MTA) had gone with this name change at Beach 67th, it will be nice if they also do it for these other stations IMO. Not meant to be off topic.

Current name

Willets Point-Mets (7)

Yankees-East 153rd (Metro North)

Fordham Rd (D)

Roosevelt Ave-Jackson Heights (E)(F)(R)(M)

225th Street (1)

7th Avenue (F)(G)

Jamaica-Van Wyck (E)

New proposed Name

Willets Point-Flushing Meadows Sports Complex

Yankee Stadium-East 153rd Street

188th Street-Fordham

74th Street-Jackson Heights

225th Street-Marble Hill

7th Avenue-Park Slope

Jamaica Ave-Van Wyck South

These are the most obvious.

Since the (MTA) had gone with this name change at Beach 67th, it will be nice if they also do it for these other stations IMO. Not meant to be off topic.

Current name

Willets Point-Mets (7)

Fordham Rd (D)

225th Street (1)

7th Avenue (F)(G)

Jamaica-Van Wyck (E)

New proposed Name

188th Street-Fordham

225th Street-Marble Hill

7th Avenue-Park Slope

Hell NO!

Mets Willets Point should be : Willets Pt Blvd

Guest lance25

Current name

Willets Point-Mets (7)

Fordham Rd (D)

225th Street (1)

7th Avenue (F)(G)

Jamaica-Van Wyck (E)

New proposed Name

188th Street-Fordham

225th Street-Marble Hill

7th Avenue-Park Slope

1. Most people go to Willets Point for the Mets games, not for the tennis complex. The station would've been named Citi Field hadn't Citibank been so cheap.

2. No one calls it "Yankees-E 153rd St". I don't think it's even announced as such on the M7s. It's just on the signs and maps.

3. Why? There are entrances on Fordham Road proper.

4. Roosevelt Avenue is the main street, not 74th Street

5. It is called Marble Hill-225 St, at least on the maps that is.

6. I'm not sure about this one, but for some reason, I recall the overhead signs saying 7th Avenue-Park Slope.

7. Again, why? It's not someone's going to take the (E) to Jamaica-Van Wyck and hop on the Van Wyck Expwy. There's no need to be that specific. If anything, it should just be called "Jamaica Av".

Replies in red. This should be fun.;)

1. Most people go to Willets Point for the Mets games, not for the tennis complex. The station would've been named Citi Field hadn't Citibank been so cheap.
    Oh Ok. I did not know that. Then a 'fail' to the Mets and Citibank.:tdown:

2. No one calls it "Yankees-E 153rd St". I don't think it's even announced as such on the M7s. It's just on the signs and maps.
    Almost all of the MNRR Conductors(I am semi-regular rider of the Hudson Line) says "Yankee Stadium" for that stop. Just wanted to make easier for everyone involved. The station signs/maps does list it only as "Yankees-E 153rd St.'

3. Why? There are entrances on Fordham Road proper.
    Because the 24 hour location of where the station agent is located is on the 188th Street side of the station. Thus i named it '188th Street-Fordham' to know it has '2' main street location. Similar to several stops on the (A)(C)(G)(F) lines i.e Smith-9th Street, Clinton-Washington Avs, etc.

4. Roosevelt Avenue is the main street, not 74th Street
    Created this idea since some (F) riders (mainly 'new' or out of town riders)often confuse Roosevelt Island' to get off thinking they will transfer to the (7) and confusing it with "Roosevelt Ave." Thus why i suggested the change to '74th Street'..

5. It is called Marble Hill-225 St, at least on the maps that is.
    On the offical subway maps yes. On the actual station location and announced by conductors on the (1) line "NO." Most of the (1) Conductors don't even mention the transfer to the Metro North. I should as reguarly if I am going to the West Side of Manhattan on weekends, i transfer from the Hudson Line to the (1) here.

6. I'm not sure about this one, but for some reason, I recall the overhead signs saying 7th Avenue-Park Slope.
    Just like 225th Street on the (1) listing "Marble Hill" on the subway maps, it's same here. "Park Slope" is listed on the maps but not on the station signs. Despite it, most (F) conductors I riden on, do announce it (unlike on 225th)that station as "Park Slope-7th Avenue."

7. Again, why? It's not someone's going to take the (E) to Jamaica-Van Wyck and hop on the Van Wyck Expwy. There's no need to be that specific. If anything, it should just be called "Jamaica Av".
    Agree 110% Lance. To make it easier for everyone, just call it "Jamaica Avenue."

Archived