R32 retirement pushed back to 2017

LRG

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! Werent they supposed to do an SMS already? well they need to if they want 6 years outta these cars. Not to speculate or start rumors but R42s are not mentioned so yeah connect the dots on what I'm saying.... (please let this not start a foamwar) lol

Boooo!!!! :mad: :tdown: :tdown: I get to see those hideous cars for another 6 years...

How about YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

At least from me!

Yeah more maintenance but at LEAST these cars LASTED and STILL WILL :P:D!!! I bet the R160s wont even LAST thru the retirement of the R68s?! XDD.

R32s REMIND ME of the Redbirds, which IM GLADE they are still in service!!

Boooo!!!! :mad: :tdown: :tdown: I get to see those hideous cars for another 6 years...

amen to that, those things shoulda went a long time ago, the R44s early retirement are the only reason they are still around. But I dont know why they cant get the R179 order done right, they should have just ordered more R160s and negotiated a better price. Whos bright idea was it to leave East New York yard with 40 old cars and the rest new stuff? Was it really a big difference in the long run to just order 40 more 4 car 160 sets? and the R44s? how didnt they notice the frames were rotting like that years ago when the time was rolling around to plan new orders?

At least from me!

Yeah more maintenance but at LEAST these cars LASTED and STILL WILL :P:D!!! I bet the R160s wont even LAST thru the retirement of the R68s?! XDD.

and to note, we will all see the oldest R type ever to last in service so yeah, thats pretty cool.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mad!!!!!!111!!1!ONE!

Nice! Werent they supposed to do an SMS already? well they need to if they want 6 years outta these cars. Not to speculate or start rumors but R42s are not mentioned so yeah connect the dots on what I'm saying.... (please let this not start a foamwar) lol

From my knowledge an SMS last five years. The screenshot says the R32s had one in 2007 so the next one due for them would be 2012.

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mad!!!!!!111!!1!ONE!

From my knowledge an SMS last five years. The screenshot says the R32s had one in 2007 so the next one due for them would be 2012.

Pretty much i thought they already did starting in 2009/2010 since a lot of the R32s got the ends repainted.

I expected Forest Glen to say that :P

Incorrect

I expected Forest Glen to say that :P

lol... I actually like the remaining subway cars out there (new and old)... Just not those. Oh the other I don't care for are those R46s... The R44s are in terrible shape too and should be retired.

At least from me!

Yeah more maintenance but at LEAST these cars LASTED and STILL WILL :):D!!! I bet the R160s wont even LAST thru the retirement of the R68s?! XDD.

EDIT: I have to agree w/you though... As much as I like the newer subway cars, I really don't see them lasting that long either. Too high tech for one thing and technology becomes obsolete so quickly... But aside from that I don't feel like these new cars are built that strong. Not nearly as strong as say the R68s.

I said the same thing

and for the Haters

I saw this coming and I mentioned this ALOT

The R32's can last another 6 years if they are well taken care of

They Will SMS these cars again as a TA supervisor told me last friday

And For the Haters STFU, Go to london where they run 60 year old tube stock cars or go to south america where they STILL run Trains that are the same age as the r1/9's

The R32's are an American Built car and it was built by the Budd Car Co, This is by gone the longest lasting Budd Subway Car ever built

I always say this, A train that is built good could last as long as they want if they get the proper care, shit the Low V's and the R1/9's as well as the R10's could have lasted way longer than anything because they was built to last as well as the R32's

And Its smart and it saves (MTA) money when it comes to buying New Subway cars, Shit The R179 may indeed be another Large Order meaning they can Go to Staten Island as Well:tup:

lol... I actually like the remaining subway cars out there (new and old)... Just not those. Oh the other I don't care for are those R46s... The R44s are in terrible shape too and should be retired.

The R44s, with the exception of Staten Island's R44s, are all PERMANENTLY out of service. I have no idea when Staten Island will even get new equipment as they were removed from the R179 order. From my knowledge, Statem Island may get 64 R46s in the near future, but right now, that's too soon to tell.

The R44s, with the exception of Staten Island's R44s, are all PERMANENTLY out of service. I have no idea when Staten Island will even get new equipment as they were removed from the R179 order. From my knowledge, Statem Island may get 64 R46s in the near future, but right now, that's too soon to tell.

Yeah I know... But those cars are seriously ghetto looking on the SIR... Duct tape and such... :eek: lol Not exactly that sound if you ask me.

The R32s might be old, but it's mighty impressive that they've managed to last this long. I guess the R179 order is going to be a large order. One massive order is a good cost saving measure. Those other rust buckets, however, need to go. The R42s are beyond decrepit.

57k+ MDBF is also pretty impressive (given the age). We've got Metrorail cars in DC that aren't even 20 years old and are averaging less than 30k in miles traveled between delays. :P

i honestly never thought i would miss the R44s, at least you can see what the route is on an R44, you cant tell on those 32s untill its right there and often times its garbled anyway.

I still miss the R44 =(

Wow! 18 replies in just 25 min!!

Yeah its boiling over 200F

Archived