R32 retirement pushed back to 2017

LRG

I don't see what obsolete technology has to do with the lifespan of a car. If you're talking software-wise, then software can be updated relatively easily. If you're talking about hardware (FIND's, etc.) then I don't see this being a problem in older cars that have LCD signs (R46s, for example). Also from a rider's perspective you can't accurately tell how strong a car is built.

It doesn't take rocket science to tell if a car is built like sh*t or not. Those R42s were built like sh*t hence why most of them are already retired. Things of quality last longer, doesn't matter what it is.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If people think that the R32's will last until 2017 in the condition there in now...

You must be out of your god damn mind..

They might be in bit better shape by then. The R32s will be getting an SMS at CIYD in the next year or two because the MTA needs to get more life out of them.

This thread has more foam than a freshly poured Sam Adams.

Sam Adams is terrible.

They might be in bit better shape by then. The R32s will be getting an SMS at CIYD in the next year or two because the MTA needs to get more life out of them.

Assuming the R32s last another five years, they would be 52-53 years old, the same age as the BMT A/Bs retired in 1969 and would have outlived all other R-class cars. (The BMT "Q" cars lasted 66 years (1903-69), but were completely converted from open el cars to closed body in 1939).

Im not saying anything Because I knew about it all along, The (MTA) is Being Very Smart regardless of what they are doing, IT Says it in Black and White that these Cars will get an SMS, SHIT BE HAPPY That they are going to Stick Around, and **** the railfan window that don't mean shit, and I find it funny how so many Railfans kiss so much ass.

They can last another 6 years without a problem and the R46's Breakdown MORE than the R32's, The R179's Is Goning to be a BIG ORDER, just like the R160's, That WILL SAVE The (MTA) MONEY duh!!! Like I stated before 2nd Ave will open in 2016, I see the r179's coming at the end of 2016 early 2017, I don't see the (MTA) ordering the R211's, Like Someone said before on here The R179's might indead be a Huge Order.

and I don't see them staying on the (A)/© for six years anything can happen at anytime,

(MTA) Is Mainly Focused on Buses Way More than the Subways right now so we just got to wait, The Longer the better thats all i gotta say

If you guys read carefully It clearly says "The R32s will be retired by 2017". So the R179s order will probably be finnished by 2017 not start in 2017 but will be finnished. So for all who's thinking about the R179s not coming til 2017 you might want to think again and "Sit Down". This is going nuts now and ridiculous:confused:

If you guys read carefully It clearly says "The R32s will be retired by 2017". So the R179s order will probably be finnished by 2017 not start in 2017 but will be finnished. So for all who's thinking about the R179s not coming til 2017 you might want to think again and "Sit Down". This is going nuts now:confused:

You shouldn't Be talking Mr R68 FOAMER!!!

They can last another 6 years without a problem and the R46's Breakdown MORE than the R32's, The R179's Is Goning to be a BIG ORDER, just like the R160's, That WILL SAVE The (MTA) MONEY duh!!! Like I stated before 2nd Ave will open in 2016, I see the r179's coming at the end of 2016 early 2017, I don't see the (MTA) ordering the R211's, Like Someone said before on here The R179's might indead be a Huge Order.

That really depends on future proceedings, and if the (MTA) is as smart as you're assuming.

If you guys read carefully It clearly says "The R32s will be retired by 2017". So the R179s order will probably be finnished by 2017 not start in 2017 but will be finnished. So for all who's thinking about the R179s not coming til 2017 you might want to think again and "Sit Down". This is going nuts now and ridiculous:confused:

Hey, didn't Vintage Soul say exactly that before you did? ;)

I won't mind the R32s staying around. If I can ride them on the (A) to school, that'd be nice. As long as it doesn't break down.

You shouldn't Be talking Mr R68 FOAMER!!!

You shouldn't be talking MR R32 FOAMER!!!

Or

MR R32 (H)enderson FOAMER

How about NO ONE should be talking.. Everyone foams over anything weird that happens in this system.. While others dont foam, rather just go check it out and bonce off.

Watch when the R142/As head to the (7) and R62as on the IRT ML.. Then whos talking about foamers? Because everyone will be chasing it.

SMH theres always flames on what better and this and that... This NYCT community is REALLY in bad shape..

Thank god i dont deal with this.. I back away with people who love to fuss to much..

Foamer threads are not needed, foamer posts are not needed.

Replies should have been like :

Oh wow R32's will be here very long, I'm suprised that they could last so long.

or

Okay, but the R32's will need lots of SMS and maintenence.

Little foam posts are OK unless they cause fighting.

AND NO NAME CALLING!

I vote for this :

:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:

Foamer threads are not needed, foamer posts are not needed.

Replies should have been like :

Oh wow R32's will be here very long, I'm suprised that they could last so long.

or

Okay, but the R32's will need lots of SMS and maintenence.

Little foam posts are OK unless they cause fighting.

AND NO NAME CALLING!

I vote for this :

:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:

Why are you in this thread repeating what everyone else is...

Stop being a troll

I'm honestly shocked at how fast this thread went down. You kids need some help.....

This pretty much makes the forum look bad..

Who cares if the R32s will stick.. The R32s will be going byebye soon. Even the R68 in less then 25 years.. The (MTA) cant keep these cars for life...

TBH keeping old cars for too long will require more spending then buying a new car.

Please stop with the friggin locks ;)

On another note, Im glad these cars will live past their golden years

Im curious about the SMS tho? Blue seats? new floor and rewiring?

Thats a really high MDBF for their age, through hell and back and still going on. Budd ftw

Archived