R32 retirement pushed back to 2017

LRG

Please stop with the friggin locks ;)

On another note, Im glad these cars will live past their golden years

Im curious about the SMS tho? Blue seats? new floor and rewiring?

Thats a really high MDBF for their age, through hell and back and still going on. Budd ftw

I think the blue seats would look ugly... New floor would be nice not sure what else they could do to it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please stop with the friggin locks ;)

Thats a really high MDBF for their age, through hell and back and still going on. Budd ftw

Pretty much repainted ends, AC repairs and some minor tweaking. No blue seats for these old cars.. Not even all of the R46s got new seats.. Idk if more ill get em.

I don't know how these work horses will last another 5+ yrs at that shit hole 207th.Assuming every year they have that A\C issue in the dog days its just not gonna work.Better off sending them to CIY and leaving them there until retirement.Great job R-32 Brightliners anyways serving for almost 47 yrs and still going strong!

Why are you in this thread repeating what everyone else is...

Stop being a troll

Repeating..Oh wow. You mis-read my post, read it AGAIN.

On another note, hope the R32's don't have A/C problems and I hope they fix them up.

@Mark So they aren't doing anything on the interiors? Like repaint the seats into a different color? Will flooring also be a part? They should fix the flipdot sign that displays the route, they start to get stuck and a new paint job on the flipdot spot will do it! In my opinions, they should rehab the interiors.

Please stop with the friggin locks :)

I don't see them spending money on that kind of campaign as NICE as it would be to see R-32s with a R-160esk interior seat color and maybe a nice slate gray granite wall.

BUT more than likely what will happen is the trucks will get redone, compressors rebuilt/replaced, wiring and harness checked, a good car cleaning, maybe some more bonnets sprayed silver and that's about it.

Repeating..Oh wow. You mis-read my post, read it AGAIN.

On another note, hope the R32's don't have A/C problems and I hope they fix them up.

@Mark So they aren't doing anything on the interiors? Like repaint the seats into a different color? Will flooring also be a part? They should fix the flipdot sign that displays the route, they start to get stuck and a new paint job on the flipdot spot will do it! In my opinions, they should rehab the interiors.

I dont think you will see a Major overhaul, just some fixes to get these cars to run an additional 5+ years.

That's Mr.Ass Kisser to you and I don't listen to you cause you're a very unreliable source... everything that you say never comes true...

He did get the R68 to the (G) right. I remember when I was on the holiday train last December and he was telling Vinny and Gordon about it. As for his other prediction about the (J) well, while I can predict certain things with Tarot cards, subway car assignments ain't one of them :)

Please stop with the friggin locks :)

I don't see them spending money on that kind of campaign as NICE as it would be to see R-32s with a R-160esk interior seat color and maybe a nice slate gray granite wall.

BUT more than likely what will happen is the trucks will get redone, compressors rebuilt/replaced, wiring and harness checked, a good car cleaning, maybe some more bonnets sprayed silver and that's about it.

If anything I'd like to see the interior painted white...if it's one thing I hare about the older cars is the beige interiors.

rules of the game for some of the little kids in this thread:

when trying to obtain information, listening to railfan speculation and asking other kiddies for information (especially about car equipment!) is very unreliable, and almost assured to be wrong.

Blue seats were original, but then the walls and doors were also blue and the floors were blue and white tiled. Blue seats are so, so, ugly on the R44s on the SIR, so out of place. Floors seem OK.

Also, R32s are so long in the tooth, somehow they rattle and shake and bang their way along through the years. But it would be nice to upgrade the C line with R46s, I think most riders are enjoying them right now.

I think the blue seats would look ugly... New floor would be nice not sure what else they could do to it.

What's wrong with the R68's there better then those rust buckets you call R32's

and all the information you give out is 95-100% wrong

You Need Help, R68's are a piece a shit, The (MTA) wants those 68's gone but they have no choice but to keep them, what keeps the R68's running is the R44 parts that came from the scraped R44's, The R68's are ugly as shit, you and your retarded videos suck and your annoying as hell.

How am Im wrong but yet everyone on this site was kissing someones ass when they thought an R44 was in service and he was wrong , about 30 of your losers went to go look for that R44 in the hot ass weather

I got My info from a TA supervisor that was told by MTA

The MTA has no choice, They are having money problems, get over it

some of you guys make me sick sometimes, what do you expect, a train is a train, old and new it doesn't matter

so before you guys getting on my back you mind as well get on someone else's back for being wrong about the R44's being in service on the (C)

and daniel you need to look at yourself, before you talk, you sound like a fool for what you just said,

An R68 is better than an R32, a Train with a lot of brake problems is better than an R32's, boy you need help

Sam Adams is terrible.

Regular Sam Adams is terrible, but flavored ones like Hefeweizen [before it was discontinued] and Cherry Wheat - both were pretty good.

As for the R32 thing, I'm happy a piece of history is still with us. Plus with so many of them, even a few years down the road there will be at least some that will crap out and become donors. Basically, why retire something that would likely have a bunch of 'surplus' parts to reuse? I think it's a good idea to keep R32s running becase in the end the numbers will still die down, but at least it's better than to buy more new trains when there's little money to throw around.

Wow I really like how this thread has turned out.

I knew this was going to happen (the flame war, not the R32 longevity)...people get worked up so damn easily over, over...nothing.

Chile please! Those R32s and R42s cannot get out of here fast enough. Yes, the R32 bodies are still in great shape, but that's about all that can be said about them. So sit down, and stay down, because your sources are bad and your mouth needs some time alone.

You Need Help, R68's are a piece a shit, The (MTA) wants those 68's gone but they have no choice but to keep them, what keeps the R68's running is the R44 parts that came from the scraped R44's, The R68's are ugly as shit, you and your retarded videos suck and your annoying as hell.

How am Im wrong but yet everyone on this site was kissing someones ass when they thought an R44 was in service and he was wrong , about 30 of your losers went to go look for that R44 in the hot ass weather

I got My info from a TA supervisor that was told by MTA

The MTA has no choice, They are having money problems, get over it

some of you guys make me sick sometimes, what do you expect, a train is a train, old and new it doesn't matter

so before you guys getting on my back you mind as well get on someone else's back for being wrong about the R44's being in service on the (C)

and daniel you need to look at yourself, before you talk, you sound like a fool for what you just said,

An R68 is better than an R32, a Train with a lot of brake problems is better than an R32's, boy you need help

You Need help For Acting like a crazy bitch. You're telling me to look in the mirror when you need to sit down and look at your ******* self in the mirror. I remember those days on the R32 (:) Train like almost everytime it was out you would ride on it until its taking out of service and have nothing better to do with your life. If I were you I would shut the hell up before there will be problems. And thats why you can't get a girl

A train with a lot of brake problems is better than an R32's, boy you need help

Some of us seem to forget that brake problems were one of the many reasons as to why a huge batch of R32s got scrapped....

you need help for acting like a crazy bitch. You're telling me to look in the mirror when you need to sit down and look at your ******* self in the mirror. I remember those days on the r32 (:) train like almost everytime it was out you would ride on it until its taking out of service and have nothing better to do with your life. If i were you i would shut the hell up before there will be problems. And thats why you can't get a girl

O.D. violation!!

You Need help For Acting like a crazy bitch. You're telling me to look in the mirror when you need to sit down and look at your ******* self in the mirror. I remember those days on the R32 (:) Train like almost everytime it was out you would ride on it until its taking out of service and have nothing better to do with your life. If I were you I would shut the hell up before there will be problems. And thats why you can't get a girl

**** You, You Retard, You Slow ass ************, Your the one thats retarded with your retarded videos and crap, And yes I gotten Plenty of girls unlike your retarded ass, go suck a **** you retarded mother ******, I bet you you won't say that shit in my face because if you did I will lay your retarded ass out, All you rail fans do is pop shit and when I see you guys in person, You don't say shit, your messing with the wrong one retard

chile please! Those r32s and r42s cannot get out of here fast enough. Yes, the r32 bodies are still in great shape, but that's about all that can be said about them. So sit down, and stay down, because your sources are bad and your mouth needs some time alone.

ttmg is just as bad so please

Archived