NABI 40-SFW Delivery & Discussion Thread

Cait Sith

IIRC its because of the additional space added to the front of the bus and if a driver forgets that additional space he/she could hit a car. Pablo or SirJoka correct me if im wrong.

Trust me its a pain in the ass having to keep that thought in your head about the extra space and its very easy to forget there are bikes on the rack.

Yes thats 1 of the reasons another reason would b that if the bus were to actually have a bike also on the rack that takes up more space in the front & if the bike somehow falls while in the tunnel it will slow up traffic while they cleanup whats left of the bike & PA Police will issue some1 a ticket.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw 5858 on the 82 this morning. It's a good look for that route actually. I wonder if the guy likes those buses. It's almost always the same guy doing that run and he normally had an RTS (I think I seen him with the CAT NABIs like once or twice and that was it).

IIRC its because of the additional space added to the front of the bus and if a driver forgets that additional space he/she could hit a car. Pablo or SirJoka correct me if im wrong.

Trust me its a pain in the ass having to keep that thought in your head about the extra space and its very easy to forget there are bikes on the rack.

That sounds about right man.

I think they should send some of the NABI suburbans at Newton Avenue down the Freeway to Turnersville. I DO NOT like MCIs on the 400, 403 or 459. I was on a 403 (8853) earlier this week with an MCI and it took so long for people to get on and off with bags because the aisles are so narrow. The other issue was the bikes, the driver kept having to get off to pull bikes and even baby strollers from the luggage compartment, which adds more time to the trip, putting the bus behind schedule. Today I was shocked to see 7525 on a 459! I experienced the same problem trying to carry bags on and off this bus. I also didn't see any need for an MCI on there, the bus wasn't even close to crowded!

I understand that the MCIs seat more people but this isn't working for busy stop and go routes, not to mention the wheelchair and bike traffic especially on the 400 and 403. Either they should ship more NABI suburbans from Camden when they get more NABI transits or another suggestion is get some NABI transits for Washington Twp ( Turnersville)for the 459 and 463. Those routes are short distance suburban lines that DO NOT serve Camden or Philadelphia. This will free up more suburbans for the 400 and 403 which may allow them to run more buses.

Get use to those MCIs on the 400 403 459. Until njt wakes the hell up and address the crowd issues those mcis will be on those routes for the long term. I did a run on the 403 with a 7100 months back and the crowding was bad. I didnt get any bikes. I did a trip and deadheaded back to egg harbor.

Giving Washington Twp more nabis isnt going to fix anything. Those nabis cant handel crowds at all. They are way to small. The nabis become sardine cans very quickly. The seats are too small which results in alot of people taking up 2 seats. Those routes need 60ft artics with 3 doors.

If washington twp gets more nabis the only way the crowding can be eased if the 400s headways are increased to run every 5mins and the 403 every 10mins.

I was in a sardine can (NABI) taking the 459 from CCC towards Lindenwold. Sometimes you can find an MCI or two on the 459. Not to mention it's a whole new year at the college, so the limited 400s, 403s, and all 459s that serve CCC will be crowded.

Btw: there might be two bus stops at the college, because of the new ring road.

You know, not being funny, but isn't this a case of maybe NJT should be thinking about getting some articulated? Or maybe a outside contractor that can pay for the artics and lease it to NJT? Shoot, if it was that bad where I lived in North Bergen with no artics, and if I was rich, I'd buy artics, give them to NJT and lease them to them, as long as they service the COMMUNITY, something I think NJT has forgotten lately.

"I wonder why the transits came in so much faster than the suburbans. Its been a year and a half and we're already almost at 5900. It took bout a year and a half just for all the 200 suburbans to come in."

Thats easy...

The first NABI 416s were the learning curve for both NABI (since it was the dramatically overcustomized design by NJT) and NJT being a new model.

Now that NABI is used to building them this way and NJT is just about past all the teething issues, they can build-deliver-accept much quicker.

Wow, I got a lot of catching up to do! Lets see if I got this correct... If I missed anything/screwed something up, please let me know.

Big Tree : 5742-5755, 5758, 5761-5796

Fairview: 5202-5225, 5227-5229, 5231-5240 (All Suburbans)

Greenville: 5241-5248, 5250-5277 (Suburbans), 5384-5405 (Suburbans), 5699-5741 (Transits)

Hamilton: 5501-5567(Transits)

Hilton: 5249, 5303, 5406-5430 (Suburbans), 5797-5851 (Transits)

Ironbound: 5591-5630, 5639-5658 (All Transits)

Market Street: 5431-5450 (Suburbans), 5659-5698 (Transits)

Meadowlands: 5278-5307 (Suburbans), 5852-5891 (Transits currently in delivery)

Newton Avenue: 5366-5383 (Suburbans), 5568-5590 (Transits)

Orange: 5226, 5308-5321, 5322 (Suburbans)

Washington Township: 5201, 5230, 5323-5365 (All Suburbans)

Coach USA Red & Tan in Hudson County: 5631-5638 (Transits)

A&C Corp. (Montgomery Westside IBOA): 5757, 5759-5760 (Transits)

Archived