135 Williams Street Opens Today (Fulton Street Ctr.)

Q85Rosedale

Progress towards the total completion!

"NEW YORK (WABC) -- After years of delays, there is progress at the Fulton Street transit hub.

The entrance at 135 William Street opens Monday.

The move is expected to ease the congestion problems between the Fulton Street 2, 3, A and C lines.

The $1.3 billion expansion and reconstruction project began in 2005.

When its complete, the hub will connect 12 subway lines and the PATH train."

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=resources/traffic&id=8281815

Damn! finally!

Its about time lol.

I will have to check it out Thursday as:

1) its probably very crowded since everybody wants to see it for the first time

2) My next railfan trip isn't until Thursday, and by that time It won't be so packed with first-time veiwers.

so basically a portion just opened up today? cuz I know the whole thing would not be in use so quick lol.

It's just an entrance, not parts of the actual buildings comprising the transit center. This is to ease passenger flow.

Who will be the first to get pics?

There's some pics on Second Ave. Sagas already.

FultonSt_9408.jpg

FultonSt_9434.jpg

(Benjamin Kabak photos)

Damn! finally!

Its about time lol.

I will have to check it out Thursday as:

1) its probably very crowded since everybody wants to see it for the first time

2) My next railfan trip isn't until Thursday, and by that time It won't be so packed with first-time veiwers.

Better get to it before it becomes all grimy and rat infested. Just give it time. Another South Ferry in the making. More money down the drain... ;) The way the (4) and (5) platform used to have rats running around, those rats had to have gone somewhere close by.

Better get to it before it becomes all grimy and rat infested. Just give it time.

LOL That's exactly why I went yesterday and took a quick look on my way to work. Looks really nice and it's nothing over the top IMHO (which is a good thing), it'll be ashamed if it does get ruined.

LOL That's exactly why I went yesterday and took a quick look on my way to work. Looks really nice and it's nothing over the top IMHO (which is a good thing), it'll be ashamed if it does get ruined.

I have to admit that the first thing I thought about when I heard the price tag for this station (1.4 billion) was how much will it cost to renovate this station down the road? I personally don't see that future being that far away. When you have to do work in patches it doesn't last as long. I haven't been over at the Atlantic Avenue station but I remember what that station was like before the renovation and after and the recent pictures I saw of the station was quite disheartening considering how long it took to redo that station and how nice it looked after the redo.

Archived