Q24 Smashes into Jeep Cherokee

Messino

I just came from Atlantic avenue and 102 street. I didnt have my camera or phone but a Jamaica bound Q24 smashed into a Jeep Grand Cherokee. 2 people were taken out on a strecher and everyone else on the bus had neck braces on. There were 5 FDNY fire trucks and 2 FDNY busses, 2 more ambulances blocking atlantic avenue along with MTA road ops. You might see it on FOX 5 tonight. I walked right passed the camera before noticing the dude was filming.

It was a RTS. I forget which number. I wish I had my camera. It was the Jeep that looked like it was in bad condition, he probably jammed on the breaks or something whicle changing lanes infront of the bus, the whoe rear passenger side quarter panel and door were smashed along with the windows. Not so much damage to the bus. People drive like morons over there, it was right after you pass underneath the old above LIRR trestle but before 102 street.

And whats funny is on the corner of 104 street and atlantic there was a 2 car crash at the same time.

I love how everyone here is so quick to assume how the bus driver is not at any fault for the SOLE REASON THAT he is an MTA employee, even though he collided into the other vehicle. Do all MTA employees have magical powers that prevent them from having a lapse in judgement while driving?

Maybe you're right that the driver of the jeep made an illegal turn or something else, but until the full story is known you should NOT jump to conclusions so fast.

I love how everyone here is so quick to assume how the bus driver is not at any fault for the SOLE REASON THAT he is an MTA employee, even though he collided into the other vehicle. Do all MTA employees have magical powers that prevent them from having a lapse in judgement while driving?

Maybe you're right that the driver of the jeep made an illegal turn or something else, but until the full story is known you should NOT jump to conclusions so fast.

I love how you're quick to bash the MTA and its employees almost every thread you post because they eliminated you're precious X90

Because 9 times outta 10....it usually NOT the B/Os fault. We can only combat stupidity to a point, if somebody wants to cut in front of a bus they deserve what they get....I'm done slamming on the brakes for morons.

Because 9 times outta 10....it usually NOT the B/Os fault. We can only combat stupidity to a point, if somebody wants to cut in front of a bus they deserve what they get....I'm done slamming on the brakes for morons.

When two vehicles collide, 9 out of 10 times it's the fault of the driver in the back.

I know that most of the time bus drivers aren't at fault of an accident, but until the information regarding this accident is known, you should NOT be saying how the jeep "probably" made an illegal U-turn, cut off the bus, or stopped short. All of those are completely plausible hypotheses though, but if I were to even SUGGEST that the bus was going too fast everyone here would be screaming at me how I hate the MTA and all that other bullshit.

All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions so fast. And if you're wondering, my personal opinion is that it was the fault of the jeep or just a complete accident.

When two vehicles collide, 9 out of 10 times it's the fault of the driver in the back.

I know that most of the time bus drivers aren't at fault of an accident, but until the information regarding this accident is known, you should NOT be saying how the jeep "probably" made an illegal U-turn, cut off the bus, or stopped short. All of those are completely plausible hypotheses though, but if I were to even SUGGEST that the bus was going too fast everyone here would be screaming at me how I hate the MTA and all that other bullshit.

All I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions so fast. And if you're wondering, my personal opinion is that it was the fault of the jeep or just a complete accident.

As once being a resident of Richmond Hill and pretty much living my whole life in 3 mile radius of that intersection, I know how bad it is there. That is why i made that post. For the most part us Bus Operator or CDL drivers in general are very cautious drivers Excluding Private San trucks(sorry,but true). We are on the road 4X longer then most people a day. I not saying that it was not the Bus operators fault but what I'm saying is that cars make that Illegal U-turn and do cause a hazardous environment for drivers and pedestrians in that area

Archived