Al-Qaeda Claims U.S. Mass Transportation Infrastructure Must Drastically Improve Before Any Terror…

CenSin

You know our transportation infrastructure is in a sad state when even Al-Qaeda says it's not a worthy target of terrorism…

"The al-Qaeda network is fully prepared to continue the jihad against the American infidels by launching deadly attacks, but your outdated and rusting transportation infrastructure needs to be completely overhauled for those strikes even to be noticed," al-Zawahiri said. "We want to turn your bridges into rubble, but if we claimed credit for making them collapse, nobody would ever believe us."

"We'd really just be doing you a favor because then you'd actually have to rebuild them," al-Zawahiri added.

The al-Qaeda commander confirmed his organization initially hoped to cripple travel in the United States by destroying its nationwide high-speed rail system, but had been shocked to discover no such thing exists.

(Source: http://www.theonion.com/articles/alqaeda-claims-us-mass-transportation-infrastructu,21008/?utm_source=recentnews)

As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to post this. It's hilarious, but true that we lack any sort of high speed mass transportation despite all the other nations getting far ahead. (The story isn't true though, in case you haven't figured out by now.)

lol, its sad but true, our own negligence to our bridges, tunnels, highways, and trains are more likely to cause more disruptions and damage than the terrorists.

Anyone ever seen how rickety the Throggs Neck or Tappan Zee look recently?

I don't know about the Throggs Neck, but the Tappan Zee Bridge has parts of the roadway where you can see the Hudson below. I know people who carry screw drivers with them so in the event the bridge collapses they can manage to escape their cars.

I don't know about the Throggs Neck, but the Tappan Zee Bridge has parts of the roadway where you can see the Hudson below. I know people who carry screw drivers with them so in the event the bridge collapses they can manage to escape their cars.

Oh yeah, I'm sure a little Phillip's head screw driver would really help someone after falling hundreds of feet from a bridge and being trapped under layers of debris and other vehicles.

I know it's fake. I am just saying our subway still needs repairs regardless of this article being fake.

Satire can be used to shame people, groups, and organizations into improvement. Whether this has caught the eye of anyone with the power to push for these changes is unknown, though it has been tweeted more than a thousand times already.

Archived