Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive got a question, on a previous post for Exam 8006 there was a clear cut discussion with sample questions for the Bus operator Exam Some people are stating its a survey other are saying the test is based on knowing what bus pass by certain landmarks or cdl general knowledge question ive got these sample questions from a previous post. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHATS GOING TO BE ON THE EXAM

1 “What borough is prospect park located in?”

A-Manhatten

B-Queens

C-Bronx

D-Brooklyn

2 “What three boroughs do the tri-borough bridge connect?”

A-Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan

B-Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens

C-Bronx, Manhattan, Queens

D-Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx

3 “When a school bus is stopped and dispensing passengers on the opposite side of a divided highway, what do you do?”

A- Completely stop

B- Proceed with caution

C- Continue with speed, because the bus is on the opposite side

D- Pull over and wait for the bus to continue

4 “If your bus is parked at the top of a hill facing downward, you set your emergency brake and”

A- Turn your wheels away from the curb

B- Turn your wheels towards the curb

C- Turn your wheels straight

D- Never park your bus on a hill facing downward

5 “How many feet are you allowed to park a bus away from a curb?”

A-1 foot

B-2 feet

C-3 feet

D-4 feet

ANSWERS:

1- D-brooklyn

Simple: Prosepct park is in Brooklyn.

2- C- Bronx Manhattan Queens

Simple: Again, its just simple knowledge.

3- A- completely stop

I got this wrong on the last test. Even if you are on a divided highway, you are still supposed to stop. I know this because I looked it up as soon as I got home from the test.

4- B- Turn your wheels towards the curb.

Simple: would you rather turn the wheels out so if your brake somehow doesn't work, you roll out into traffic?

5- 1 foot

Parking with a bus and parking with any other vehicle is under the same rules. You are allowed 1 foot.

And just to be clear about the "not taking a test" statement; it only applies for MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company applicants; TA applicants must take an entry exam and pass to receive a list number and continue through hiring stages.

I also have a question what do they mean by saying Bus Operator Selection Survey, which includes a written assessment?

There's no written assessment on the BOSS.

I recently took the BOSS last month - you can view my synopsis of the BOSS here.

I was reading the notice of examination of the salary rates for Yonkers, Eastchester, College Point, Baisely Park , and LGA depots the current minimum salary is $20.9675 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to 29.9550after 36 months. For JFK and Far Rockaway depots, the current minimum salary is 18.8450 per hour 40-hour week increasing 26.9200 after 36 months. I throught they pay the same rate like NYCT, but different rates for the other depots makes no sense. Why is that?

I was reading the notice of examination of the salary rates for Yonkers, Eastchester, College Point, Baisely Park , and LGA depots the current minimum salary is $20.9675 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to 29.9550after 36 months. For JFK and Far Rockaway depots, the current minimum salary is 18.8450 per hour 40-hour week increasing 26.9200 after 36 months. I throught they pay the same rate like NYCT, but different rates for the other depots makes no sense. Why is that?

Thats because ECH,CP,BP,YO and LGA are TWU local 100 depots. Those depots get pay the same as NYCTA and MABSTOA depots as well. Now JFK,FR and SC are ATU depots, which they get the same pay rate as NYCTA depots thats in SI and the depots in queens. So what ever you do try to get into a TWU depot rather then a ATU depots. Hope that helps any thing else you want to knoe feel free to ask.

Is there more OT with MTA Bus over NYCT and Mabstoa?

I know there is a cap on OT, but some of these B/O salaries

from MTA BUS are pretty impressive.

They must be senior drivers I would assume.

Are you sure about that transit bx? that Queens/SI depots

in NYCT get paid the same as JFK,FR and Spring Creek.

First time that I heard of that, don't forget that there are

different locals within ATU(1056-Queens and 726-S.I)

Is there more OT with MTA Bus over NYCT and Mabstoa?

I know there is a cap on OT, but some of these B/O salaries

from MTA BUS are pretty impressive.

They must be senior drivers I would assume.

Are you sure about that transit bx? that Queens/SI depots

in NYCT get paid the same as JFK,FR and Spring Creek.

First time that I heard of that, don't forget that there are

different locals within ATU(1056-Queens and 726-S.I)

Yes im sure that the MTA BUS and NYCTA depots (SI and QUEENS) gets paid the same, just because it have a different locals in the depots its all under the same union brand ATU that work for the same company (MTA). When i was working for CTtransit all three divisions are ATU but different LOCALS in the depots. i was in the STAMFORD division which was LOCAL 443, NEW HAVEN is 285 and HARTFORD is 2 something or three something i forgot but we all had the same contract cause its under the same brand ATU, which HARTFORD ran the show because thats the headquerters for the company. Anything else ask and for some reason ATU depots seems to always be behind when it comes to contract negotiation.

Thats because ECH,CP,BP,YO and LGA are TWU local 100 depots. Those depots get pay the same as NYCTA and MABSTOA depots as well. Now JFK,FR and SC are ATU depots, which they get the same pay rate as NYCTA depots thats in SI and the depots in queens. So what ever you do try to get into a TWU depot rather then a ATU depots. Hope that helps any thing else you want to knoe feel free to ask.

I spoke to an MTA BUS Supervisior told me the samething. BTW I'm still on the list for exam 8006 for B/O for NYCT. Let say if I get called for NYCT for B/O can I transfer over to MTA BUS since there under the MTA brand? I rather try with them since I can work for a good depot in Queens or in Brooklyn for NYCT still have a long way to go before they get to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got done sending the application out.... gotta try to find study exam for it.

Time out, you are referring to MTA BUS 2301 right? There is no exam to

study for. You will get a list number in the mail in a few weeks. It's a very

long filing period(up until Sept 27th). I have a feeling it's going to be a much bigger list then the 8006 which you are on. And NYCT is a much bigger bus division then MTA Bus(twice as many depots)

The 8006 list is moving(up to the 900's for pre employment letters.

Transit bx got me thinking, since I only want to work out of a Queens

depot, I think my chances would be greater with MTA Bus then with NYCT.

But MTA Bus isn't in the NYCERS(pension). Going to take a wait and see

approach for now, once I get my list # in the mail I will have a better picture.

long filing period(up until Sept 27th). I have a feeling it's going to be a much bigger list then the 8006 which you are on. And NYCT is a much bigger bus division then MTA Bus(twice as many depots)

approach for now, once I get my list # in the mail I will have a better picture.

Well im going too give you this advise, what ever you do dont listen to me or anybody else but your own decision, only you can determine what you want to do and what not to do. I can tell you this in the near future our pension at MTA BUS will get better it wont be NYCERS since thats a civil service position. We most likely get OA pension or something to that matter. Right now we at $105 for every month in the year that you work or something like that for our pension. I can def tell you its going to get better, right now MTA BUS is at a stepping stool because its still a brand new division. So it still have to get all the depots to adopt to the MTA system. I was on the MABSTOA list 2901 exam which they not hiring off that list till 2012, everybody knows how MTA work they are never promise,plus with the current contract set to expire on 1/15/12 who knows they would had put that exam on a stand still. I got the offer to work for MTA BUS for this year since they need ppl, so i took it and ran with it and so far i like it for the most part.The only part i dont like is the pension and the fact our pass is green instend of the universal red pass, i dont have problems getting on the bus and dont have problems with station agents letting me though to get on the subways at all. But its lil things like that i dont like, i guess we have to start somewhere to get the full effect of the system. I dont regret giving my OA position for MTA BUS and at least i will be apart of the merge when ever that happens. If you do choose MTA BUS at least we all doing the same sh*t and at the end of the day weather your TA/OA or MTA BUS (TWU or ATU) we all have jobs, we all making serious money where ppl that dont have our positions would kill to have what we all have or in the near future trying to get. I have a positive attitude that MTA BUS will get to the same level with TA/OA, our pay and other things is already the same. We playing catch up and also clean up;):tup:

Took a momment to read the application again, your right there's no exam. Its pretty much a name out of a hat if I'm correct? I'm still on the list for exam#8006 list #2950.5 Still have a long way to go...

I would like to know about the 2601 bus operator position exam coming up? As i read some of the posting it saying there is NO exam? is that correct? I applied for this position about maybe 3 or 5 years ago and i had to take a exam? however i score high and they call me but i was so stupid because i didnt take the position because my previous job been with for 25 year and did not want to lose the sinority, however i work for st vincent hosp which some of you know close down and i loss everything. know i can think about what if i not resign which i was told to do with transit. But again will they be required to take an exam and if so how can i study for this exam since it been over 5 year ago, is here a book out there and if so please give me the name of the book and where can i find it>

Thanks for listen.

B219170:)

the best pension in transit is nycers no doubt about it:tup:

Just a question I have applied for the exam 2301 and wanted to know how long does it take to get a list number? After you receive your number what is the next step? One more question I read on here that you can pick your depot you want. Is this true?

Archived