Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they call you in. You will take the personality test. Then if you past that you do your background check,physical,drug test, theeeeeen if all goes well then you start your 7 day training. an so on an so fourth.

That sounds good to my ears. LOL

Well random numbers will be called randomly or just is that randomly given a number then call in the order it started. Whichever way it occurred waiting is a process afterall.

People should not be making fun of people cause they have lower number than everybody else we all pay for the text not because you got the lower number you gonna be calling first TY.

I didn't understand that very well but what I did get from it is pretty accurate. Since the numbers will be picked at random, high or low doesn't account for much here.

I was under the impression that the names pick were in random order. This made the list with number assigned with them the order in which they will call applicants.

So they took everyone's names then entered them in a computer, the computer then spits them out. First name that is pulled was given #1, second name was given #2 and so on. Then the MTA will call in numerical order. I have not heard of any other system that people have been discussing. The wont call # 2007 then jump to #12456 then back to #13.

U take the boss test. Its a test in which the test asks the same set of 50 questions 4 times only worded differently to see if u are a liar and gain an idea how sane u are.....after all they don't want crazyness behind the wheel wth the responsibility of passengers lives.

Ok so this test is a computerized test correct?

Ok so this test is a computerized test correct?

The Boss is a paper and pencil test, you fill in the circles.

One thing to keep in mind is that there were no layoffs at

MTA Bus a couple of years ago, but they are not civil service.

From what I remember they were into the 5,000's from the last

MTA Bus list and this was around 2009, maybe somebody from that

list can find out the status and what was the last number hired.

The Boss is a paper and pencil test, you fill in the circles.

One thing to keep in mind is that there were no layoffs at

MTA Bus a couple of years ago, but they are not civil service.

From what I remember they were into the 5,000's from the last

MTA Bus list and this was around 2009, maybe somebody from that

list can find out the status and what was the last number hired.

Great thank you for your feedback.

I think my friend took that test. He been driving MTA bus for three years now.

First off congrats to all that apply, MTA BUS is operating like OA meaning that list is going to move real fast. TA in other hand move real slow when it comes time to get hired. Weather you have a low number or high number just keep in mind that your turn will come, plus MTA BUS as for right now is being run by at least 90% senior guys, so most of those guys are getting ready to leave that's one of the reasons why MTA put out that exam. There is no books for you guys to study, its a BOSS exam just like OA, so what ever u guys do give them the answer that they want to hear, also they going to ask the same question just worded different. With this new contract coming up for what I'm hearing that MTA BUS is going to get OA contract which pension and ect is going to be the same. MTA BUS is up and coming. Good luck to ever one and don't lose sleep live your life and when its your turn go for it.

First off congrats to all that apply, MTA BUS is operating like OA meaning that list is going to move real fast. TA in other hand move real slow when it comes time to get hired. Weather you have a low number or high number just keep in mind that your turn will come, plus MTA BUS as for right now is being run by at least 90% senior guys, so most of those guys are getting ready to leave that's one of the reasons why MTA put out that exam. There is no books for you guys to study, its a BOSS exam just like OA, so what ever u guys do give them the answer that they want to hear, also they going to ask the same question just worded different. With this new contract coming up for what I'm hearing that MTA BUS is going to get OA contract which pension and ect is going to be the same. MTA BUS is up and coming. Good luck to ever one and don't lose sleep live your life and when its your turn go for it.

Thanks Transit, I hope your post clears up what Random #'s means as well as what the Boss test is. No studying, common sense and honesty.

Thanks that is a very clear an positive post keep sharing

B):):(:):):)

I have a list number #817 for exam 2301 BO. Should i start working on a cdl permit?

I was told the only dumb question is the one not ask. It could be some time before this process starts. Of course I know a cdl licsense or permit is needed. Just asking if I should do it ASAP... THANKS

mta.info | Employment Opportunities

What I feel is the most important part

Bus Operator Selection Survey:

We expect to begin calling candidates to take the Bus Operator Selection Survey in July 2012. Candidates will be called in order of their random number. The scheduling of candidates for Bus Operator Selection Survey will continue into 2013. Letters will be sent out prior to your test date throughout the year.

Hi I have a question hopefully someone on here can help me. I was hired as a temp for mta bridge and tunnel some years back but wound up being terminated. Does that disqualify me from city emploment I know b/o exam 2301 will start procesing in july 2012. Any answers are appreciated.....

Archived