Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi I have a question hopefully someone on here can help me. I was hired as a temp for mta bridge and tunnel some years back but wound up being terminated. Does that disqualify me from city emploment I know b/o exam 2301 will start procesing in july 2012. Any answers are appreciated.....

I can't give you a definite answer but DO NOT omit that from your application when your time comes. I had a classmate who was recently terminated for omitting similar info. on his application.

802 looks like you have a snowballs chance. But as the letter says, you will be appointed as vacancies occur, so you have to wait utill that happens. Theres no test, it's just a BOSS which is just a assessment test, no exam like those TA exams.

Thats kool i belive its just a test on commen sence and honesty

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone my random number is 9179 exam 2301 any takes on when will i be gettin called to take exam?? Also do you need a permit the day of exam ?? Thanks

Welcome to the club

Myself #2152

Profoner718#2604

Rodney #3234

WannaBeMTA12#3401

unbanfortiude#3436

Lockdeco#3957

Subway88#5087

Steling#5231

nika#6270

YoungNYCSubwayFan#9139

Igor Gagsinsky#9141

ruben #9179

• 4 weeks later...

What are the chances of being hired if I have a Non-Violent Felony, convicted this past year? I applied and got my random list number. I'm trying to turn my life around and provide for my wife and kids. Thanks in advance.

The fact you said felony is enough. However, If you get called just state all the facts and dont lie and you never know. If you can, work on getting the charge expunged but depending on exactly what you did youll need to wait a min 5-10yrs to get the charge exspunged.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact you said felony is enough. However, If you get called just state all the facts and dont lie and you never know. If you can, work on getting the charge expunged but depending on exactly what you did youll need to wait a min 5-10yrs to get the charge exspunged.

Could anyone else please chime in? Convicted this past year. It IS Non-Violent, and I was ONLY given some Community Service. Could this be a positive?

• 3 weeks later...

2301 Update

Bus Operator Selection Survey:

We expect to begin calling candidates to take the Bus Operator Selection Survey in July 2012. Candidates will be called in order of their random number. The scheduling of candidates for Bus Operator Selection Survey will continue into 2013. Letters will be sent out prior to your test date throughout the year.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/bus_operators.htm

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently submit my application as a bus operator. after reading these comments, i am even more confuse. so i have a a couple of questions that i hope someone can clear me up with.

do i have to have 3 years experience to get hired as a buss operator?

do i have to have a license or can i get hired with my CDL learning permit?

how long does it take to get hired?

Thanks in advance (Love) :)

update:

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

Random Numbers:

Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you have not received your random number, please contact our Exam Information Center at (347) 643-7221 or (347) 643-7222 for that information. Please allow 2-3 business days for your call to be returned due to the volume of calls we expect to receive.

Admission letters will be sent to the first 3000 candidates to take the Bus Operator Selection Survey in July / August 2012. Candidates will be called in order of their random number. The scheduling of candidates beyond the first 3000 has not been determined yet. Please check this page sometime during late August for additional updates.

PLEASE NOTE:

You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.

Thank you.

http://www.mta.info/...s_operators.htm

Too bad I'm in the 14000s

update:

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

Random Numbers:

Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you have not received your random number, please contact our Exam Information Center at (347) 643-7221 or (347) 643-7222 for that information. Please allow 2-3 business days for your call to be returned due to the volume of calls we expect to receive.

Admission letters will be sent to the first 3000 candidates to take the Bus Operator Selection Survey in July / August 2012. Candidates will be called in order of their random number. The scheduling of candidates beyond the first 3000 has not been determined yet. Please check this page sometime during late August for additional updates.

PLEASE NOTE:

You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.

Thank you.

http://www.mta.info/...s_operators.htm

Too bad I'm in the 14000s

Hey Ironboundnjt thanks for the update...

I have recently submit my application as a bus operator. after reading these comments, i am even more confuse. so i have a a couple of questions that i hope someone can clear me up with.

do i have to have 3 years experience to get hired as a buss operator?

do i have to have a license or can i get hired with my CDL learning permit?

how long does it take to get hired?

Thanks in advance (Love) :)

Imalik,

You have to have your regular driver license for at least 3 yrs. MTA will hire you with at least a CDL permit, CDL license is preferred and one less headache for you. There are study guides out there, but it wasn't helpful to me personally. Look through this forum, there were some questions posted from test 8006 from 4 yrs ago.

Good luck.

I'm taking the BOSS exam on July 31st got the notice in the mail yesterday, but I was over there 2 weeks ago for an employment process, and drug test for exam#8006 just waiting word for that one. I already took the BOSS for exam# 8006 should I go there for this exam on the 31st if its no bother to them since I'm being reviewed as we speak?

Archived