Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

i have no receive any further directions after i took the b.o.s.s for 2301 exam. my list number is around (1090) i also would like to know how many months or years i will have to wait after being called to take at least the training.

is my list number low #1090 ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have no receive any further directions after i took the b.o.s.s for 2301 exam. my list number is around (1090) i also would like to know how many months or years i will have to wait after being called to take at least the training.

is my list number low #1090 ?

I cant exactly tell you an exact answer but at least wait a year. U got an extremely low number as compared to someone like myself who is in the 14400s and Ive read on here who are even further like 20000s I believe even if they dont call that high (which I feel they wont aat least not right away) they have to at least allow all of us to take the boss and right now they seem to be testing ppl numbered 4000 to 5000

http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/bus_operators.htm

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

Random Numbers:

Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you have not received your random number, please contact our Exam Information Center at (347) 643-7221 or (347) 643-7222 for that information. Please allow 2-3 business days for your call to be returned due to the volume of calls we expect to receive.

Bus Operator Selection Survey:

Candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) during July/August 2012 should receive their Notice of Result letters by early November 2012. The next group of candidates should begin receiving their Admission Letters over the next month. We will schedule up to Random Number 6979. If your Random Number is higher than that, we will not schedule you until next year. Please check back in January 2013 for an update.

PLEASE NOTE:

You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I took the BOSS test last week, such a ridiculous exam. Part of me wonders how they get away with some of those questions. Another part of me understands what they are looking for.I assume they would rather not hire the insane and hot/quick tempered. Importantly is this a pass fail test or a graded exam?

Pass or fail

I took the BOSS test last week, such a ridiculous exam. Part of me wonders how they get away with some of those questions. Another part of me understands what they are looking for.I assume they would rather not hire the insane and hot/quick tempered. Importantly is this a pass fail test or a graded exam?

Pass or fail

Hello fellow hopefuls,just wondering if anyone knew if I can take the boss exam with my delaware state drivers licence,I recently moved out of New York and transfered over my cdl btw they quickly took away my school bus endorsement because of differing state regulations.Would locate back to New York if I got this Mta gig in a turnpike heartbeat.Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 11/16/12

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

Random Numbers:

Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you have not received your random number, please contact our Exam Information Center at (347) 643-7221 or (347) 643-7222 for that information. Please allow 2-3 business days for your call to be returned due to the volume of calls we expect to receive.

Bus Operator Selection Survey:

Candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) during July/August 2012 should receive their Notice of Result letters by December 2012. The next group of candidates should begin receiving their Admission Letters over the next month. We will schedule up to Random Number 6979. If your Random Number is higher than that, we will not schedule you until next year. Please check back in January 2013 for an update.

PLEASE NOTE:

You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.

Thank you.

I took the BOSS yesterday and I am very confident I did better this time. The last time, I wasn't ready and that was last year. I was geared up. Anyone have any idea how long we will know our results?????

I took the BOSS in July and I'm still w8n. MTA said to expect results by Dec so that's a 4 to5 month w8.

Archived