Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo guys.. I finally got thru to a live person at the examination unit after dialing all these different ext's (persistence pays off!) and I got my list #.. it's way up there in the 14000's but thats OK I went 2 years w/o knowing.. now I know and I have a peace of mind lol  ;) She said i should also be receiving a letter in the mail soon. 

Question.. Should I get my CDL Permit and get it out of the way?  Is it a CDL class B with Passenger only? or do i need to add something else? Also, is wearing contacts/glasses considered a restriction to them?

Thanks Guys!  :D

Sooo guys.. I finally got thru to a live person at the examination unit after dialing all these different ext's (persistence pays off!) and I got my list #.. it's way up there in the 14000's but thats OK I went 2 years w/o knowing.. now I know and I have a peace of mind lol  ;) She said i should also be receiving a letter in the mail soon. 

Question.. Should I get my CDL Permit and get it out of the way?  Is it a CDL class B with Passenger only? or do i need to add something else? Also, is wearing contacts/glasses considered a restriction to them?

Thanks G

And no restrictions so u would have to also take the airbrake endorsement part of the test. As for the permit question u could possibly hold off and see how fast they start processing ppl cuz remember we have a few poster here who who took it last year except for 1 havent even received their past fail letter let alone a processing one @ least from what i read here. 

I am to wondering how many people got the results already. Let's not forget there are more people who have probably gotten the results but they just have not joined us here on the forum so we really wouldn't know much about them. The only person claiming to have the results was

ptyler list #802. I noticed that most of us here on the forum have much higher list numbers so they probably have not gotten around to them yet. Heck I just took the exam December 12th so who knows? I'm also getting ready to take the 2613 exam on Saturday the 26th of January. I have studied in taking all the exams and bus operator book by The National Learning Corporation which seems to be outdated. I'm wondering if that

6 hour exam class being given is worth the 60 dollars?

I know what you mean i have the same book it seems very outdated  but every little thing can help. if i was you i would pay the 60 bucks and maybe learn a little more. i am flying in to take the same test on the 26th and if i could i would still take that 6 hr class. remember $60 is nothing if you get a good test score       good luck

• Upvote 1

I know what you mean i have the same book it seems very outdated  but every little thing can help. if i was you i would pay the 60 bucks and maybe learn a little more. i am flying in to take the same test on the 26th and if i could i would still take that 6 hr class. remember $60 is nothing if you get a good test score       good luck
Thanks Rodney...and good luck to you as well.

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

Random Numbers:

Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you have not received your random number, please contact our Exam Information Center at (347) 643-7221 or (347) 643-7222 for that information. Please allow 2-3 business days for your call to be returned due to the volume of calls we expect to receive.

Bus Operator Selection Survey: (NEW)

Candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) during July/August 2012 should receive their Notice of Result letters by February 2013. Candidates who took the BOSS between October 2012 and January 2013 should receive their Notice of Result letters by April 2013.

We anticipate scheduling the next round of candidates in March 2013. Please check back for an update in early March.

PLEASE NOTE:

You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.

Thank you.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/bus_operators.htm

• Upvote 1

I just received my letter today from the 2301 bus exam. list number is 1760's. took the boss exam. in late July so everyone else who took it around that time should also be receiving a letter. @ Sterling, the letter reads "in the event that you are a candidate with an out of state drivers license you must bring your driving abstract from the Division of Motor Vehicles from which the license was issued"

I just received my letter today from the 2301 bus exam. list number is 1760's. took the boss exam. in late July so everyone else who took it around that time should also be receiving a letter. @ Sterling, the letter reads "in the event that you are a candidate with an out of state drivers license you must bring your driving abstract from the Division of Motor Vehicles from which the license was issued"

Thanks all day,I didn't go in take it.Did a lot of praying and came to the conclusion going back to New York to reside is not an option.But I pray the lord bless all you guys and gals to get in.I applied for DART,that's like the M.T.A. equivalent down here in Delaware.The process is a lot different down here.It's more quicker,but the pay is not as much as M.T.A,although the benefits are great.The cost of living a lot cheaper as there is no sales tax on any retail item.Buy a television for $799 dollars,if you gave them $800 you'll get the penny back.LOL.

• Upvote 1

Thanks all day,I didn't go in take it.Did a lot of praying and came to the conclusion going back to New York to reside is not an option.But I pray the lord bless all you guys and gals to get in.I applied for DART,that's like the M.T.A. equivalent down here in Delaware.The process is a lot different down here.It's more quicker,but the pay is not as much as M.T.A,although the benefits are great.The cost of living a lot cheaper as there is no sales tax on any retail item.Buy a television for $799 dollars,if you gave them $800 you'll get the penny back.LOL.
so sorry to hear that steling...but then this is what you want so I wish you all the best!!! As for me I tried to move out of New York but got homesick!!! New York is my home and where my heart is so I came running back. If the good lord blesses me with this job you'll ride free of charge on my bus.

do anyone know what part of the CDL book to study for the bus exam?

Also study for the School bus,s endorsement.Because if you ever wanted to become a school bus driver you would need that and if you take the cdl test w/o that s endorsement on a school bus it don't matter if you took it on a school bus you still can't drive for the school w/o the s.If you decide to get the s endorsement after you take the road test,guess what?you're going to have to take the road test again just to get the s endorsement on your license.Best to get as much endorsements that come with the b except the hazmat.iT BROADENS YOUR OPTIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT.Also I got my b license free, through a voucher@ workforce 1.Don't know if they are still doing it. this was back in 2010,I also heard red hook on the road helps people,but you have to commit more of your time to them.

• Upvote 1

so sorry to hear that steling...but then this is what you want so I wish you all the best!!! As for me I tried to move out of New York but got homesick!!! New York is my home and where my heart is so I came running back. If the good lord blesses me with this job you'll ride free of charge on my bus.

Thanks caveman,I really pray you get it bro.New York needs more compassionate b/o like yourself.Stay praying and keep the faith and whatever you're occupation is now do it faithfully and God will eventually reward you.Trust me,he's great like that.lol