Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

no actually its because your dumb....and obviously a jerk i guess that was easy for them to sense that....after all it was a phycological exam and sayin something of that nature proves you may have phycological problems..... so reassess your train of thought and take the exam again iin FEB and maybe just maybe they will let your white a** in

ooh and by the way i got my letter to move forward with the process :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D i wish you all the best of luck

Congrats so what's next? Just the drug test or more?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too, because  my last comment was overlooked!

Ok great. So now our random numbers are not so random anymore, These are our numbers they will be calling in "numerical' order to fill spots regardless of experience and anything else. That seems fair.(my # is 4243) The question now is... how many positions are there? I am surprised the Chief has not written about this. I recall reading something about how many openings there were for the NYPD or the FDNY. The MTA  "must" have an idea!!??  I guess I  need  (assuming everyone passed their BOSS tests and is available to start training) there to be 4,243 openings?? Does that sound right?  Anyone have an idea how many B/o's there are right now?

Curious to your thoughts.

Ok great. So now our random numbers are not so random anymore, These are our numbers they will be calling in "numerical' order to fill spots regardless of experience and anything else. That seems fair.(my # is 4243) The question now is... how many positions are there? I am surprised the Chief has not written about this. I recall reading something about how many openings there were for the NYPD or the FDNY. The MTA  "must" have an idea!!??  I guess I  need  (assuming everyone passed their BOSS tests and is available to start training) there to be 4,243 openings?? Does that sound right?  Anyone have an idea how many B/o's there are right now?

That's a good question to add onto it is a list made thats has an expiration like TA test? I hope its not so few after all my number is 14535 (my uncle is in 16000s) so me and @ least another 8000 plus ppl havent even taken the boss yet

I asked that question once before and I was told somewhere around 10,000 B/O's which includes MTA Bus, Mabstoa

and NYCTA.

I highly doubt that there is going to be 4,243 openings for B/O called from the 2301 list.

The number of B/O's working at MTA BUS has to be much less then that number.

I happen to come across my 2301 application and noticed that on the authority line it said RA instead of TA. Anyone care to explain the difference Thanks

Not 100% sure, but  it might be a typo.The only thing I can really remember affiliating the r and a together with the transit authority is rapid.

Just received a letter the other day from the MTA. I passed my BOSS exam. Here is what a somewhat edited version looks like!

MTA BUS COMPANY
Metropolitan Transportation Authority Regional Bus Company
PERSONNEL TESTING AND SELECTION UNIT    180 Livingston Street, Room 4070 Brooklyn, NY 11201
February 04, 2013
Exam #:    2301
List #:    4243.00
Dear David:
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Bus Operator Selection Survey. As positions become available, you will be invited to our facility in the order that you were randomly selected, to continue the pre-employment selection process.
To obtain a permanent position as a MTA BUS COMPANY Bus Operator you must comply with the following additional requirements:
• Verification of a motor vehicle driver's license valid in New York State for at least three years prior to appointment with no more than four points within the last three years. In the event that you are a candidate with an out-of-state driver's license, you must bring your driving abstract from the Division of Motor Vehicles from which the license was issued.
• Verification of a Commercial Driver's License Class B with passenger endorsement and no restrictions, or at a minimum, a Learner's Permit for a Commercial Driver's License Class B with passenger endorsement and no restrictions; if you do not have a CDL permit or license now, you should begin to obtain one from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
• Successful completion of a drug/alcohol laboratory examination.
• Successful completion of a medical examination (after an offer is made).
• Successful completion of a six-week training program.
This letter is not an offer of employment. Please be advised that you should not resign from your present position until you have received a job offer and a start date.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you, as MTA BUS COMPANY positions become available.
Sincerely,
EXAMINATIONS SECTION

Just received a letter the other day from the MTA. I passed my BOSS exam. Here is what a somewhat edited version looks like!

MTA BUS COMPANY
Metropolitan Transportation Authority Regional Bus Company
PERSONNEL TESTING AND SELECTION UNIT    180 Livingston Street, Room 4070 Brooklyn, NY 11201
February 04, 2013
Exam #:    2301
List #:    4243.00
Dear David:
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Bus Operator Selection Survey. As positions become available, you will be invited to our facility in the order that you were randomly selected, to continue the pre-employment selection process.
To obtain a permanent position as a MTA BUS COMPANY Bus Operator you must comply with the following additional requirements:
• Verification of a motor vehicle driver's license valid in New York State for at least three years prior to appointment with no more than four points within the last three years. In the event that you are a candidate with an out-of-state driver's license, you must bring your driving abstract from the Division of Motor Vehicles from which the license was issued.
• Verification of a Commercial Driver's License Class B with passenger endorsement and no restrictions, or at a minimum, a Learner's Permit for a Commercial Driver's License Class B with passenger endorsement and no restrictions; if you do not have a CDL permit or license now, you should begin to obtain one from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
• Successful completion of a drug/alcohol laboratory examination.
• Successful completion of a medical examination (after an offer is made).
• Successful completion of a six-week training program.
This letter is not an offer of employment. Please be advised that you should not resign from your present position until you have received a job offer and a start date.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you, as MTA BUS COMPANY positions become available.
Sincerely,
EXAMINATIONS SECTION

when did you take the BOSS   ?      I'am  still waiting on my results  .

I took the BOSS on July.

I also got the congrats letter Jan 17 and waiting to be called for the medical and training.

I dont have my cdl yet but studying and working to see if i can take the knowledge test by this week.

My question would be when is the next call for medical so i can have the cdl permit.

I appreciate for your feedback.

I took the BOSS on July.

I also got the congrats letter Jan 17 and waiting to be called for the medical and training.

I dont have my cdl yet but studying and working to see if i can take the knowledge test by this week.

My question would be when is the next call for medical so i can have the cdl permit.

I appreciate for your feedback.

It can be anytime from now so get your permit asap!!! The sooner the better. I 2 am waiting 4the drug screening. I got my cdl already so hopefully we will be in the same class. goodluck!

I taken it on 12/12/2012. Nothing yet. List# 5329. Congrats to racindav99, ptyler, ILLMATIC96SS, and all the rest of you who passed! Many of the questions I answered/ I chosen were (Strongly agree and Strongly disagree) in accordance to its logic. For those who passed... does that sound about good? There were a couple I may have simply chosen Agree or Disagree. But many were leaning more towards the "Strongly" nature. I used this method in accordance to the question. So...what do you guys think? For those who got their results already can you lend me your opinion? Thanks!

There were a few at the start of the test that I sort of remember as strongly agree and strongly disagree. But for the most part looking back I just tried to be as consistent as possible.

I read in a post somewhere that the best way to take a BOSS exam is make believe  that  you are answering these questions in front of the person who is gonna hire you  if you answer correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some questions we may not have covered so far.  

Do the random numbers start at 1 and go up one at a time?

Or do they start at a higher number?

What is the lowest number anyone has heard of or seen?

At #4243 I am not so confident I will be called soon or at least in 2013. But a friend of mine mentioned that maybe they don't start at 0001. 

We still really have no idea how many drivers there are and how many potential openings there are!

​But thanks everyone and good luck to all!

Archived