Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can be anytime from now so get your permit asap!!! The sooner the better. I 2 am waiting 4the drug screening. I got my cdl already so hopefully we will be in the same class. goodluck!

Thanks for your feedback yes i need this cdl permit to be in compliance.

By this week i should have it.

Been reading this post for awhile got my congrats letter last weeek..im pretty excited so as most of u..question..i have a pending speeding ticket 73 on the belt... My court date june 20. .. Willl a pending ticket affect. My chances.

It depends on what the ticket is 4. and if you have points on your license, can't have no more than 4 points. hope that helped. good luck

Thanks for your feedback yes i need this cdl permit to be in compliance.

By this week i should have it.

I know you will pass. Good luck.

Been reading this post for awhile got my congrats letter last weeek..im pretty excited so as most of u..question..i have a pending speeding ticket 73 on the belt... My court date june 20. .. Willl a pending ticket affect. My chances.

they will have you come back   once you resolve the ticket,  try your best to beat the ticket  ,then call MTA  and get back in  so you can move forward with the process  AGAIN  try your best to beat the ticket hire a lawayer if need be 

Yea actually i.have a lawyer on it.ive been pushing back the date of the ticket for.2 years now..i have no points as of right... Maybe i just some how pleade guilty now .ask the judge to.give the fine and no more than the four points....

Is it me ..or any one else felt like their current job start to be a lil bit more annoying since the letter came lol

Yea actually i.have a lawyer on it.ive been pushing back the date of the ticket for.2 years now..i have no points as of right... Maybe i just some how pleade guilty now .ask the judge to.give the fine and no more than the four points....

Is it me ..or any one else felt like their current job start to be a lil bit more annoying since the letter came lol

ok , sounds like your lawyer is taking care of you. keep pushing it back as much as possible  if and when you  plead guilty  if it doesn't get dismissed your points  deduction will  start from the day you  received the ticket .

lol trust me your not the only 1. but that's good no points. and you have a lawyer so your chances are 50/50. You will be fine. Just take care of it asap so you will be at ez. That way when they do call you will be 100% sure you wont have anything hanging over your head 2 disqualify you. good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Bus Operator Selection Survey: (UPDATED)

Most candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) between July 2012 and January 2013 should have received their Notice of Result letters by now. We are still mailing these letters to some candidates. If you took the BOSS and do not receive a letter by the end of March 2013, please call the numbers listed above.

We will call the next round of candidates in April / May 2013. We expect to reach up to random number 10,500. Admission letters will be mailed beginning in mid-March.

http://mta.info/nyct/hr/2301.htm

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site.  I have read and truly appreciate the posts.  Personally, I am glad there is a forum like this (I wouldn't know what to expect.  It gives me insight as to what others are going through).  My list #5757, I took the BOSS on 12/18/12, and have received my letter of successfully passing it on Valentine's Day! Interesting.  I know of two other friends/employees at my current job (USPS) that took the test and received their results.  One of them had passed and the other failed. We all got our results during that week.  I have to say that the results came quickly.   

I was a victim of Hurricane Sandy, I live in Arverne, (Far Rock), less than a block from the ocean.  From the grace of God, my home was not destroyed because of the sandbags, but backyard was hit hard.  My BOSS was originally scheduled for 11/8/12.  I don't have a CDL, but I am reading the manual to get the permit so that I can be ready.  I want to thank Steling for the advice of also getting the S endorsement, it can benefit me down the line & widen my options.  I have my fingers crossed on being called, and Best of luck to all of you!

Hello Charly 70,first of all congrats on your success in completing the Boss.As I can already see you acknowledge the goodness and power of God which will continue to be gracious and merciful to you as long as we keep him first.I appreciate the gratitude you've shown me in your last post,as I would like to be helpful as much as I can.The S endorsement is the only endorsement that won't follow you from state to state but is always good to have as states are always looking for school bus driver.Welcome to the site there are a host of good people that are very helpful and informative.

Anyone know how many positions are available and how many are retiring with MTA Bus Company? When I last spoke to people at livingston they told me a lott of retirees this year in the bus company..

I've heard the same thing. The problem I THINK is that they are still hiring from the old list.

Check out the 2901 thread when you get a chance. One of the guys on the list mentioned being offered a part time position.

I'm sure they'll get around to hiring some of us at their convenience and needs but I'm beginning to feel this whole $61 application process is more of a way to fatten up the vaults. :-(

I've taken the 2301 exam on 12/12/12 and I've heard they have not even gotten the results for that given date yet!

Its just that they already completed and mailed out the test results for those who have taken the exam later

than 12/12/12. This process is going to be a lot longer for everyone including those who have gotten their results. So hang tight!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard anything since I applied in 2011. No email, no mail, no call, nothing. I live in Easton, PA so I'm wondering if that's an issue. I didn't see a residency requirement. Is there one? Thanks.

Archived