Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

I haven't heard anything since I applied in 2011. No email, no mail, no call, nothing. I live in Easton, PA so I'm wondering if that's an issue. I didn't see a residency requirement. Is there one? Thanks.

You shouldve got some mail regarding your list number and boss exam if theyre up to your #. Theres no residency requirements but theyre pretty specific about what state drivers license you have. "Drivers license must be valid in ny" when i called and asked about that they only stated CT, NJ and NY. Id call to verify, mayb they missed some info when they told me.

Also, how long would it take you to get to queens for say being that your in easton pa?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You shouldve got some mail regarding your list number and boss exam if theyre up to your #. Theres no residency requirements but theyre pretty specific about what state drivers license you have. "Drivers license must be valid in ny" when i called and asked about that they only stated CT, NJ and NY. Id call to verify, mayb they missed some info when they told me.

Also, how long would it take you to get to queens for say being that your in easton pa?

Takes me about 1.25 hrs to Queens. I could easily relocate. I'll try calling and see if I get thru.

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.

Random Numbers:

Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have
received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you
have not received your random number, please contact our Exam
Information Center at (347) 643-7221 or (347) 643-7222 for that
information. Please allow 2-3 business days for your call to be
returned due to the volume of calls we receive.

Bus Operator Selection Survey: (UPDATED)

Most candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS)
between July 2012 and January 2013 should have received their Notice of
Result letters by now. We are still mailing these letters to some
candidates. If you took the BOSS and do not receive a letter by the end of March 2013, please call the numbers listed above.

The next round of candidates has been scheduled on various dates between March 28, 2013 and May 16, 2013. We will reach up to random number 11,254. Admission letters will be mailed beginning this week and over the next month as dates approach.

List Establishment (NEW)

The eligible list for this exam has not been established as of yet. When it is established, it will remain active for a period of up to four years.

PLEASE NOTE:

You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.

Thank you.

I like this my number is 10,xxx! ;)

yea I know. 1 of my good friends works for oa she told me it wasn't long till they called her after they sent her the letter we got. but, things are changing everyday so let's just keep our hopes high and help each other out the best way we know how.http://65.99.204.196/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

p.s if any1 has any questions as far as what to expected if you do get hired, I will be glad to answer them. Good luck again guys!

If its non violent you should be fine. If you did community service; did they say if you do community service the charge would be dropped?

Sorry for the late reply :(

No, the conviction will not be dropped. However I AM currently working for the City Of NY, and I'm hoping that will show as a positive for me.

Hi All,

Add me to the list, my random number is 9302. I am really hoping and excited for this opportunity.

Good Luck to all of you!

Hi everyone. I just received my invite to the BOSS test next week, on Friday. When will I need to have my CDL permit ? My random # is 8158

Thank you

You will need as soon as they call you in. Get it ASAP! The sooner the better. Good luck!

Grey Hound is always hiring so is trailways,I put an application in still waitng.Stay persistant,diligent,agressive and prayerful in your job searches.There are usually more than 1 door to enter a house just let the key be options.Right now in Delaware driving school buses,it's a humble modest living but I'm grateful for the experience being added to my resume.My stock is going up,lol.

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.Random Numbers:Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you have not received your random number, please contact our Exam Information Center at (347) 643-7221 or (347) 643-7222 for that information. Please allow 2-3 business days for your call to be returned due to the volume of calls we expect to receive.Bus Operator Selection Survey: 

(NEW) Candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) during July/August 2012 should receive their Notice of Result letters by February 2013. Candidates who took the BOSS between October 2012 and January 2013 should receive their Notice of Result letters by April 2013.

We anticipate scheduling the next round of candidates in March 2013. Please check back for an update in early March.

PLEASE NOTE:You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.Thank you.

Hi everyone, first time posting here...I'm here trying to get all the info I can for my son.  Sorry Mom is doing this but he is only 20 and I don't trust him to give me all the info.  Totally over-hovering single parent, I admit, trust me, he'd be horrified if he knew I was doing this.  Anyway, his number was in the high 5000s and he just got the letter yesterday to take the BOSS exam.  Sounds like a typical personality test that they give at Sears, etc. so I think he'll do fine.   From what I've read here, it can take anywhere from 2 months to 6 months to get the results, if he passed, he will be notified and asked to come in wearing business attire for the interview and drug testing within the week?  CDL permit only is needed at that time and then he is given a hiring list number good for 4 years?   Did I get this right or is anything out of order?   Thanks anyone who replies and good luck to everyone.

Grey Hound is always hiring so is trailways,I put an application in still waitng.Stay persistant,diligent,agressive and prayerful in your job searches.There are usually more than 1 door to enter a house just let the key be options.Right now in Delaware driving school buses,it's a humble modest living but I'm grateful for the experience being added to my resume.My stock is going up,lol.

There's a scripture that reads those who humble themselves will be exalted and those who exalts themselves will be humbled

There's a scripture that reads those who humble themselves will be exalted and those who exalts themselves will be humbled

humility is a great characteristic brother. there is definitely nothing wrong with keeping your eye simple.

humility is a great characteristic brother. there is definitely nothing wrong with keeping your eye simple.

Thank you for the encouraging reminder All day,you are very correct.When I first received my cdl B I started out driving ambulettes in New York because nobody was willing to take a chance with me to drive anyting bigger.All though ambulettes are a class C vehicle it got me a step closer to something bigger,School Buses,eventually if it's Gods will,i will be pushing a Charter bus somewhere.The company I'm currently working for has them.They offered me a position working in the yard during my breaks to clean them,which I humbly accepted.I get to move them around and get familiar with them.Yes so the good Lord is definitely taking me where I need to be step by step.The bible also tells us do not despise humble beginnings.The company I work for the owners are very humble and old fashioned,but great people.They help me get back my S endorsement.If anyones ever in the Delaware area and would like a job,I can recommend them and probably get them where I'm at.You got school bus companies here that's willing to take people with a clean D license and help them get there B for free.You just got to take the general knowledge,school bus,and passenger written at motor v which will cost you 20 bucks totally.They will let you use there bus for the road test.Unlike New York where it will cost you out your own pocket.

Seems the reason MTA nixed the Part time BO position is because they are offering it to the current 2301 applicants which makes sense seeing they are BC also for those of you who have taken the boss between July 2012 and Jan 2013 they'll send the offer to you via mail within the next 2 weeks and for the rest of us waiting we will be offered it when we report for the boss....for whatever reason my phone isn't allowing me to paste the link or paragraph for those don't know where to look (MTA job test page) ill post the link after work if someone doesn't in the mean time 

Bus Operator Selection Survey (UPDATED)

Most candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) between July 2012 and January 2013 should have received their Notice of Result letters by now. We are still mailing these letters to some candidates. If you took the BOSS and do not receive a letter by the end of April 2013, please call (347) 643-7221 or 7222.

The next round of candidates has been scheduled on various dates between March 28, 2013 and May 16, 2013. We will reach up to random number 11,254. Admission letters will be mailed beginning this week and over the next month as dates approach.

List Establishment

The eligible list for this exam has not been established as of yet. When it is established, it will remain active for a period of up to four years.

Part-time Bus Operator Positions (NEW)

MTA Bus Company has a need to fill part-time Bus Operator positions. Candidates who took BOSS between July 2012 and January 2013 and were selected should receive a letter in the mail within the next two weeks. Candidates who have yet to take BOSS will be given this letter when they report to take BOSS.

Just dont accept the position when the letter comes..

Which is a valid point but think about it this way a person refuses it bcuz its PT but a fair amount of ppl are gonna probably accept it due to it being  better paying, just having a job, or the age old foot in the door. Now what if the MTA bring in enough PT to trim down OT and cover the work at these garages now those that turned down the PT offer for whatever reason either now have an even longer wait to get in or will never be called bcuz now when FT opens they have to prioritize the PT first

Which is a valid point but think about it this way a person refuses it bcuz its PT but a fair amount of ppl are gonna probably accept it due to it being better paying, just having a job, or the age old foot in the door. Now what if the MTA bring in enough PT to trim down OT and cover the work at these garages now those that turned down the PT offer for whatever reason either now have an even longer wait to get in or will never be called bcuz now when FT opens they have to prioritize the PT first

Good point ironbound!

For those who will take the part time gig, you wont benefit much with that foot in the door. You can forget about benefits and maxpay.. PT pay is also a couple dollars less ( $17 something an hour compared to $20.96 starting full time) If someone really needs a job i can understand but other than that.. Its not worth it.. In my opinion..

Archived