Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what happens if you say no to the part time gig will you still go for full time? and where will the p/t b/o's be based out of?

I took the BOSS today. They gave out the letters for part time. It really has nothing to do with this list. If you take the part time position you are not excluded from the list for full time. From the look of things, there will not be a list created until everyone that has a random number has tested.

I took the BOSS today. They gave out the letters for part time. It really has nothing to do with this list. If you take the part time position you are not excluded from the list for full time. From the look of things, there will not be a list created until everyone that has a random number has tested.

This is what they will tell you but you can't believe what they tell you. They could tell you anything to get what they want! Who's to say they won't place you in that part time depot and keep you there while you watch everyone coming in after you and getting the full time position with full benefits. Lets not forget that MTA cancelled the PT b/o exam they were supposed to give in June! Thing is there were so many of us who have applied for the 2301 exam they could not possibly hire the whole list so why not fill two goals in one single exam and call it a day. Although the would lose out on some application funds you got to figure it also costs them a bit of money to run the process. They probably figure they won't make the good amount of money to run an exam they probably won't be charging $61 (for pt). So they probably figure to use the huge amount of candidates they have from the 2301 exam to fill the position of both full time and part time. Cost and cut!

If you can hire two part time workers for less money to fill a full time position and not have to pay a comprehensive pension plan as well as deal and cut out the union...well!!! Its just what MTA would do. If you decide to believe they will eventually switch you to full time. Well good luck! They're going to feed you what ever story it is to manipulate their plan. Companies can't replace humans with computers and machines for every job so hire part time for less to offer is the next strategy. If and when they do decide to make you a full time employee you'd have lost 5 years of seniority and work 35 years to get a pension. A long term goal to save money in their future! IT'S THE BUSINESS WORLD NEW STRATEGY! HOW MUCH MORE ARE PEOPLE GOING TO DRY OUT WHILE RENT AND EVERYTHING ELSE KEEPS RISING. Keep this up and we'll all be sleeping on a park bench someday!

caveman, you're spot on with your points.

Thanks Allday. I just hope things turn out the way we expected them to be as binded in our application that WE PAID for. Once any hiring is done the application should be honored as described.

What ever was read and confirmed in application process has to be granted full time benefits and full time salery .,,,, this would really be b/s out to take my boss exam on 4/18/ lets see what's this about any feedback ?? And does anyone know what's next ?? ThankZ and good luck to all

What ever was read and confirmed in application process has to be granted full time benefits and full time salery .,,,, this would really be b/s out to take my boss exam on 4/18/ lets see what's this about any feedback ?? And does anyone know what's next ?? ThankZ and good luck to all

The letter they are sending is going to be optional. Those part time positions will probably be dished out first for those who decide they are interested. Regardless, its b/s that theyre even incorporating that non-sense with this list in the first place.

Is there anyone who has taken the BOSS exam between July, 2012 and January, 2013 still HAVE NOT received the lettet with their results yet? I haven't received mine yet! The 2013 process seems like its going to be one of the longest most dragged out process among most all exams. After they test this present group they still have to set dates to test the remaining 5,000+ applicants before they make the list. So I would predict nothing except the part time offers are going to begin till some time next year.

Is there anyone who has taken the BOSS exam between July, 2012 and January, 2013 still HAVE NOT received the lettet with their results yet? I haven't received mine yet! The 2013 process seems like its going to be one of the longest most dragged out process among most all exams. After they test this present group they still have to set dates to test the remaining 5,000+ applicants before they make the list. So I would predict nothing except the part time offers are going to begin till some time next year.

And by that time theyll probably be calling from 2613 and 3101 

And by that time theyll probably be calling from 2613 and 3101

yep your right! Don't get me wrong I'm taking the job if offered but I am sort of turned off by the 2301 exam application process and all the things that are going on. There were a lots of stories and news about many bus driver retiring so I thought the 2301 would be a good list. Hopefully I'm not analyzing things too much.

I have taken the 2613 exam and what startles me is that the 2613 application filing started 9 months after 2301 while its process is probably ahead of if not neck to neck with 2301right about now. If the answer key posted on March 20th for 2613 becomes final I will have an 82.5% score. To tell you the truth I'm hoping to and rather get in with TA over MTA and MABSTOA.

yep your right! Don't get me wrong I'm taking the job if offered but I am sort of turned off by the 2301 exam application process and all the things that are going on. There were a lots of stories and news about many bus driver retiring so I thought the 2301 would be a good list. Hopefully I'm not analyzing things too much.

I have taken the 2613 exam and what startles me is that the 2613 application filing started 9 months after 2301 while its process is probably ahead of if not neck to neck with 2301right about now. If the answer key posted on March 20th for 2613 becomes final I will have an 82.5% score. To tell you the truth I'm hoping to and rather get in with TA over MTA and MABSTOA.

I agree 100%....there are many advantages with TA over MABSTOA...

I wouldn't accept the PT position.. They're doing the same foolishness where I work. As soon as a letter carrier or clerk retires, they're being replaced by PT employees. Now these so called "PT" people work 40 hours BUT at less than half pay AND no benefits! So now if anyone of these people gets hurt on the job, 1) they have no coverage from the job and 2) they have no representation . But hey, each persons situation is unique. Just be careful on how you "get your foot in the door."

So why would they hire us full time when we're doing the exact same thing for half the price? Not to mention the MORE PT'S are hired, the LESS people will get called off the lists, Just saying..................

Archived