Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
maxamillion

Bus Operator Exam 2301

Got a part time letter to not sure if I should take it

no don't take it if i were you

Edited by BreeddekalbL

I just received my part time letter offer as well.  At this time, (and you have until May 10,2013 to respond)

I am not gonna accept this offer. 

Mostly because I already have another perfectly good job and it would be foolish to give it up for a part time with

1)NO PROMISE of anything at all in the future.

2)NO BENEFITS...AT ALL! . What happens if you get sick or hurt? What happens to your health, family and what about your future career at the MTA or anywhere else for that matter?

3A) What happens to you if you are involved in an accident during your training or during your part time job?

B. Do they fire you  and will this effect your list 2301 hiring?

4) I am not sure about uniforms training, hours , routes run , depots and all the extra stuff but I would be curious about how the FULL TIME UNION'D employees would consider and treat you while you are there taking their work and overtime from them. My guess is you would be considered a "scab" by most of them. I would be concerned about my personal safety and well being.

If I was so desperate and had absolutely nothing to lose in my life and was only hanging on to a shred of dignity I might take this position.

Like I said... I have a job and benefits, but I do understand what it is like to be desperate.

Finally consider  the rewards of this position and be aware of the consequences.

Good Luck!

Edited by racindave99
  • Upvote 1

The letter also states that may retract 2301 and use that list for part-time positions as well with or without notice.

Exact Wording:

MTA Bus Company may retract the offer to use the list for Bus Operator 2301 to fill part-time vacancies at any time and without notice.

I just received my part time letter offer as well.  At this time, (and you have until May 10,2013 to respond)

Mostly because I already have another perfectly good job and it would be foolish to give it up for a part time with

2)NO BENEFITS...AT ALL! . What happens if you get sick or hurt? What happens to your health, family and what about your future career at the MTA or anywhere else for that matter?

3A) What happens to you if you are involved in an accident during your training or during your part time job?

4) I am not sure about uniforms training, hours , routes run , depots and all the extra stuff but I would be curious about how the FULL TIME UNION'D employees would consider and treat you while you are there taking their work and overtime from them. My guess is you would be considered a "scab" by most of them. I would be concerned about my personal safety and well being.

If I was so desperate and had absolutely nothing to lose in my life and was only hanging on to a shred of dignity I might take this position.

Like I said... I have a job and benefits, but I do understand what it is like to be desperate.

Finally consider  the rewards of this position and be aware of the consequences.

Good Luck!

Yep I agree I have a very good job and will not leave it for a part-time offer and even without benefits even worst.

Hello fellow Bus drivers and drivers to be,I feel the MTA didn't anticipate so many successfully completing the boss.I think this is why they are offering part time.Obama Care I believe is the major culprit,I'm hearing it's going to mandate companies to offer coverage for all fulltime workers.The health care is optional in your choosing,but it's a mandate to choose.Everyone is going to be penalized for no health care at all ,including companies.

Then this means that we have to pay for the health care.

What ever happened to the MTA benefits, are they free from obligation on healthcare to its employees and what about the pension are they gonna do away with that too?

I looked it up before and the last MTA Bus exam was in 2007.

MTA Bus is separate from TA and mabstoa, and the 8006 exam

was back in 2008, but that is neither here or there, good luck to all.

But its still part of the MTA?

Or a sub of the MTA?

i just received this letter as well , i think this is getting out of hand  from the look of things  the MTA  is becoming a big mess  . i hope the union will fight this or perhaps get with all the people on al the list and put in a class action lawsuit  which will probably make things more of a mess because if that happens they will have to hire  alot of people  but a least we can get some kind of resolution .............

This is in reference to the Bus Operator Exam # 3101: Does anyone know if everyone gets called eventually? Assuming you pass the BOSS, drug test, etc. Is it more or less guaranteed and just a matter of how long? Just curious. If it takes a year great, if it takes 2 years, so be it. Thanks in advance for the responses.

Good Luck!

3 A&B, BULLSEYE!!! that alone should discourage everyone from taking the part time position!

If you apply for MTA bus. Then this is what they can offer you. they can't  offer part time with OA or TA yet. And with MTA bus only one depot has part time. Which is spring creek. Part timers only get a  mta bus pass,uniforms and lower starting pay because they are ATU 1181 

I haven't gotten a darn result from the boss exam I had taken on December 12th, 2012 let along a part time letter. But I tell you I wouldn't mind a $61 refund. I would much rather use it for the next sale on a McDonald's BIG MACK! ◀;-)

3 A&B, BULLSEYE!!! that alone should discourage everyone from taking the part time position!

This part time stuff scares me I just hope everything falls into place .,, your suppose to get what you applied for which was full time so if they decide to send you that letter and you offer it .,,,to get the list going .,,

Good luck to all really think your decision

Wisely

all of our rants and  valid complaints need to go beyond this forum   i say this because there are a bunch of people who are receiving these letters  who are  accepting this part time position . i'am hoping the unions  a really fighting this  maybe they should reach out to all who paid  the $61 for full time work and start a CLASS ACTION lawsuit     

Here is the problems guys. MTA wants more part timers at spring creek. Right now they only have around 10-15 % part timers. A lot of the old timers are leaving every week so MTA wants 30-35 % more part timers now.So for one full timer leaving they can get 2 part timers to come in. Now you ask why isn't the union fighting this well ATU 1181 made a deal with MTA for part time work.  That's why  local 100 would not take this b/s  That's why there is no contract. Now with  ATU 726 the last contract MTA tried  to push them to take part timer but the union shut them down with that. MTA  dosn't  want to spend more money on ads they know people need a job. that's why they turn to the people that are waiting on a list. That's why they ask you.  GOOD LUCK ALL 

• Upvote 1

I am a little confused...If this test is for the MTA Bus co, whay did I get the reply to my B.O.S.S. from the MaBSTOA?

the congrats letter also says "Thank you and we look forward to wseeing you, as MaBSTOA positions become available." I really hope this isn't for the MaBSTOA. The 2301 was for the MTA bus Co, so what is going on?

Just received a letter to take the boss exam. My list number is 11,150. I mit not get this job anyway but that part time position being offered is b/s. If ppl want to take it then good luck. No benefits!!! i applied for a full time job and thats what i expect. A lawsuit does sound like the way to go. Its 2013 and nothing surprises me but im not going to settle for that part time job.

Here is the problems guys. MTA wants more part timers at spring creek. Right now they only have around 10-15 % part timers. A lot of the old timers are leaving every week so MTA wants 30-35 % more part timers now.So for one full timer leaving they can get 2 part timers to come in. Now you ask why isn't the union fighting this well ATU 1181 made a deal with MTA for part time work.  That's why  local 100 would not take this b/s  That's why there is no contract. Now with  ATU 726 the last contract MTA tried  to push them to take part timer but the union shut them down with that. MTA  dosn't  want to spend more money on ads they know people need a job. that's why they turn to the people that are waiting on a list. That's why they ask you.  GOOD LUCK ALL 

I can understand that but then why MTA opened exam 3101 Bus Operator?

This is in reference to the Bus Operator Exam # 3101: Does anyone know if everyone gets called eventually? Assuming you pass the BOSS, drug test, etc. Is it more or less guaranteed and just a matter of how long? Just curious. If it takes a year great, if it takes 2 years, so be it. Thanks in advance for the responses.

unless you get a letter offering you a part time position like in exam 2301.

exam 3101 and 2301 are the same don't know or understand why they opened another exam if list hasn't expired.