Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to do the boss exam also with TA

you  do not have to take the boss for the   TA  you have to take a civil service test    the last  TA  bus operator was based off of   the cdl book and traffic laws  amongst other things relevant  around  being a BUS OPERATOR 

you  do not have to take the boss for the   TA  you have to take a civil service test    the last  TA  bus operator was based off of   the cdl book and traffic laws  amongst other things relevant  around  being a BUS OPERATOR 

Yes you still do have to take the BOSS exam for TA, all three div. you have to take the BOSS exam.

When will MTA be one and stop with all the different divisions and keep all B/Os on the same pay scale as TA.   I for one if pass the BOSS would like SC as my depot, but if the $$$ is better at other depots forget SC.   Its been almost 8 years since the take over of all the private regional bus companies, what gives? Enough already!

I'm another one on the list that will not go after the part time b/o position 2301.  I will not take the risk and have everything ruined after waiting all this time for lower pay and without benefits!!!  Just so I can start earlier!!!

Question!  I live in Jersey with a CDL no passenger endorsement.  Will I have to get a NY license if considered for the job or will (MTA) allow me to get the endorsement with Jersey?  I know there are no city living requirement, but just curious about this.

Your NJ license is fine. You need B P endorsement.

Where can I find the original Exam Notice for 2301?  The reason I'm asking is because if accepted for employment I want to at least make $20+ an hour instead of $18.  When I applied the notice pacifically stated $20 to start with increments for 3 years up to $29.  I know different depots are in different unions, but I need to look at the original exam notice.  Can't live comfortably @ SC with $18 to start, I make more than that now!

Took the BOSS today, easy!   For all that took it today we have to wait 4 months for results according to the proctor.   They also handed out this in the room:

(MTA) Bus Company

180 Livingston Street, Room 4070

Brooklyn, NY  11201

May 9, 2013

Dear Candidate:

Your name appears on the candidate list for MTA Bus Company Bus Operator Exam                                                                                                         No. 2301. You have been called here today to take the Bus Operator  Selection Survey (BOSS). If you are selected based on your responses, your name will be placed on the eligible  list for this exam. The purpose of this letter is to determine if you are also

interested in being considered from this list for part-time Bus Operator positions at MTA Bus Company.

The current rate for part-time Bus Operators is $17.8450. Part-time Bus  Operators do not receive benefits,nor do they receive an MTA Bus Company transportation pass. Part-time Operators work Mondays through Saturdays up to

30 hours per week. Bus Operators may exceed 30 hours per week during thier first few weeks of training.

If you accept a part-time position, you will remain on the list for Exam, No.2301 and will be considered for a full-time position with (MTA) Bus Company when your list number is reached.

MTA Bus Company may retract the offer to use the list for Bus Operator, Exam No.2301 to fill part-time vacancies at any time and without notice.

If you interested in a part-time Bus Operator position, please complete the information below, sign this letter and hand it to the room monitor. If you prefer to mail your response, please return it to the address below by May 17, 2013.

MTA NYC Transit

c/o Part-time Bus Operator, 2301

1801 Livingston Street, Room 4070

Brooklyn, NY 11201

There is a place for you to check if interested and sign which I did not include.  There is no way I would sign this unless I was really desperate for work and that is what (MTA) is doing; using the economy to save on O.T,  not pay benefits and of course lower wages.  A lot people handed this form back sign and dated!

What was on the exam? I recieved a letter for the exam but im a little turned off by what the rate of pay is going to be... $17/h?!

It's basically a personality test, they want to know the kind of person you are. 

Ex1: What would you do if you have personality conflict with someone on the job?

1. Take a walk around the block and cool off

2. Try to ignore it                                                                         3

3. Talk to the person's supervisor

4. Handle it own your with the other person and/or live with it.

Ex2:  How would your current or past manager describe you?

1. Easy going

2. Uptight                                                                                    1

3. Self Centered

4. Unhappy 

Ex3:  If someone asks you for directions what would you normally do?

1.  Guide the person and help them get to their destination

2.  Tell the person to ask someone else, you are not sure         2

3.  I rarely help people out when they need directions

4.  I never help anyone when they need directions

Like everyone said, tell them want they want to hear.   Very easy and nothing but common sense questions.   The $17hr is for part-time only!

What a huge joke that part time shit is. You would be a huge fool to accept that.

A lot of people signed that shit today in the room.  That makes it bad for full time opportunities.  Do you really think if (MTA) has enough PT B/Os they would even consider hiring F/T? I see what they are trying to do.  The union should put a stop to this madness!

Archived