Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

Huh?

Maybe I read that wrong...

First and foremost, Congratulations on the training.

From what I got: You took the BOSS survey 2301 for MTA Bus with the information of the B/O position being offered as FT. Then you received a letter offering a PT position.

Did you accept the PT offer?

No I didn't accept the offer.

There is no benefit plus its with the Amalgamated Union being the School Bus union that affiliates with the MTA.

I'm getting a little confused here Bravo. Which one is it? First you say they're (MTA) is not hiring anyone that they don't give refunds and then you got a letter for FULL TIME and another for PART TIME. That your waiting for medical? First of all most everyone who has taken the 2301 exam and passed received the PART TIME OFFER. Second, they have not finished examining all of the candidates yet nor have they established a list. Third, you're the only one who has reported thus far to receiving a letter offering FULL TIME. For the only one that I know of who has received a letter for FULL TIME you sound pretty disappointed and discouraging from what you previously been writing! I'd also like to ask you EXACTLY to clarify your list number and the exam number your getting these fabulous offers for? and why do you sound so dicouraged? Cheer up!

The letter was for the 2301 passing the BOSS and this is a full time position with the MTA.

The second letter was for the part-time position that I didn't accept.

Oh yeah sorry my random number being the list number is 1600

Nice! Whats your list # if you dont mind me asking?

There is no benefit plus its with the Amalgamated Union being the School Bus union that affiliates with the MTA.

The letter was for the 2301 passing the BOSS and this is a full time position with the MTA.

The second letter was for the part-time position that I didn't accept.

Oh yeah sorry my random number being the list number is 1600

What I find weird is that according to the MTA the list number is the same as the Random Number.

By reading on this forum, that the list has not been established.

Then got the congratulations waiting for medical being the next step for full time position

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second letter was for the part-time position that I didn't accept.Oh yeah sorry my random number being the list number is 1600

What I find weird is that according to the MTA the list number is the same as the Random Number.

Then got the congratulations waiting for medical being the next step for full time position

Did you receive a letter for the medical with a date to report to Livingston?

The second letter was for the part-time position that I didn't accept.Oh yeah sorry my random number being the list number is 1600

@ Bravo: Ok you cleared most of that up (for me anyway) I guess it was just the way you were writing it that made it confusing to a few of us. On another note as far as the medical you don't get letters for that. After your initial DT (or second for some) you receive phone calls. I was doing mine today and that was the info given to us. So if you haven't already you need to begin contacting them. I'm not sure what order they are going in but, most of the people I talked with today who were doing medical had numbers beyond 1600 and even though I was there for DT my number is 39XX.

Good luck

@ Bravo: Ok you cleared most of that up (for me anyway) I guess it was just the way you were writing it that made it confusing to a few of us. On another note as far as the medical you don't get letters for that. After your initial DT (or second for some) you receive phone calls. I was doing mine today and that was the info given to us. So if you haven't already you need to begin contacting them. I'm not sure what order they are going in but, most of the people I talked with today who were doing medical had numbers beyond 1600 and even though I was there for DT my number is 39XX.

Good luck

@ Syrenity- you went in for DT for the 2301 exam? Was that for PT?

@ Qboro41

It is for full time BO for TA. Although there were people from both 2301 & 8094 there today. I was there for the latter which most of us were. I haven't done the DT for 2301(MTA Bus) yet my list # is lower for 8094 and when I called last week I was told to report today. That's why I said I don't know which order they are calling in because some of us from the other list we're offered the BO position instead of the original exam title. So I think they are simultaneously trying to fill classes with candidates from both lists which isn't uncommon. But I talked with 2 other's on the 2301 list this morning so see what # they are up to or see how soon you can schedule to go in for your next step.

On a side note: They were Drug screening various titles today so just follow up.

What is DT and when you say medical do you mean drug test or BP

DT= Drug test /Screening (peeing in a cup)

The medical is indeed BP, eye, ear exam, etc. unlike a couple of yrs ago when they did both in one day and it was all under medical.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Bus Operator Selection Survey (UPDATED)Most candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) between July 2012 and January 2013 should have received their Notice of Result letters by now. We are still mailing these letters to some candidates. If you took the BOSS and did not receive a letter by the end of August 2013, please call (347) 643-7221 or 7222.Results for candidates who took BOSS between January 2013 and May 2013 are in the process of being mailed out – please allow until the end of August 2013 to receive your results.The final round of candidates will be scheduled to take the BOSS onOctober 12, 2013. You will receive an admission letter approximately 10-14 days before this date. You will receive a telephone notification confirming your test date.

List Establishment (UPDATED)The eligible list for this exam has not been established as of yet. When it is established, it will remain active for a period of up to four years. We anticipate that the list for this exam will be established during the Fall.

Basically the 2301update is simply saying we've got some more waiting to do...lol!!!

I hope 2613, 3101, 4600 processes quicker than this 2301. You realize its been almost 2 years (23 months) since we began filing for this oppertunity!! I understand these things take time but they haven't even finished testing yet nor made a list. More waiting to come. Stay tuned, same time, same bat channel!!! Lol!!!!

Basically the 2301update is simply saying we've got some more waiting to do...lol!!!

I hope 2613, 3101, 4600 processes quicker than this 2301. You realize its been almost 2 years (23 months) since we began filing for this oppertunity!! I understand these things take time but they haven't even finished testing yet nor made a list. More waiting to come. Stay tuned, same time, same bat channel!!! Lol!!!!

I agree 100 percent 2301 is crawling since Ive applied Ive taken 2613 test and the boss for it otherwise Id be waiting another 3 months for the boss my random was in the 14500s 

I agree 100 percent 2301 is crawling since Ive applied Ive taken 2613 test and the boss for it otherwise Id be waiting another 3 months for the boss my random was in the 14500s

I can imagine it has been torture for you in regards to the 2301 exam Ironbound. If you can remember the first batch of us that took the exam back in the summer of 2012 there was a close feeling amongst many of them that they were well on their way in the process...lol... well I had taken the BOSS for the 2301 in December and your next. Except for your high list number you're right here with the rest of us...lol. Nothing has moved.

I was worried about all of the misdemeanors I had accumulated over the years of my life and have taken the time to get Certificates of Relief on 9 of them. All from N.Y. But Florida does not relieve but one (1) (BUMMER) and there are 8 misdemeanors from the year 2010 inthat crummy state. So with all the work and efforts I've put in and all of the waiting I may get shot down anyhow. When I went for training with Access A Ride I had to do a 19A fingerprint background check and I cleared/passed (this type of background check enables me to drive a school bus). So I don't know what T.A., MTA, or MABSTOA will do with me when they check my background. I have other certificates from computer class, financial management class, Life skills class and a completion of the "Ready and Willing" program I was in for a year (June 2011 through June 2012). I'm praying these accomplishments will help me. I know the nine certificates of Relief legally shouldn't be held against me anymore. Plus I already have a clean class A CDL with Passengers, School bus, Tankers, Doubles & Tripples endorsements. I really can benefit from this job opportunity in my progress. I pray they give me the chance and not pull the rug from me. The other good thing is this would be my first CDL job. Although I did the training with Access A Ride and passed the fingerprint background check for my 19A they included a second background check with an independent agency whom red flagged me and Access A Ride went along with it and let me go. Misdemeanors do hurt. Some cases more than felonies. It seems people with felonies get more opportunities than I have ever gotten. That's why I went and applied for the Certificates of Relief since Access A Ride.

P.S. I have not run into anyone who knows much about what possibilities are ahead for someone with my situation as far as being able to work for MTA, T.A., MABSTOA as a bus operator. No one knows that I have asked. Well anyway I've been keeping myself clear of the past. It would be a bummer if I continue to get shot down, especially from this opportunity. I've done much work and like the rest of you guys have been waiting forever!

I can imagine it has been torture for you in regards to the 2301 exam Ironbound. If you can remember the first batch of us that took the exam back in the summer of 2012 there was a close feeling amongst many of them that they were well on their way in the process...lol... well I had taken the BOSS for the 2301 in December and your next. Except for your high list number you're right here with the rest of us...lol. Nothing has moved.

I was worried about all of the misdemeanors I had accumulated over the years of my life and have taken the time to get Certificates of Relief on 9 of them. All from N.Y. But Florida does not relieve but one (1) (BUMMER) and there are 8 misdemeanors from the year 2010 inthat crummy state. So with all the work and efforts I've put in and all of the waiting I may get shot down anyhow. When I went for training with Access A Ride I had to do a 19A fingerprint background check and I cleared/passed (this type of background check enables me to drive a school bus). So I don't know what T.A., MTA, or MABSTOA will do with me when they check my background. I have other certificates from computer class, financial management class, Life skills class and a completion of the "Ready and Willing" program I was in for a year (June 2011 through June 2012). I'm praying these accomplishments will help me. I know the nine certificates of Relief legally shouldn't be held against me anymore. Plus I already have a clean class A CDL with Passengers, School bus, Tankers, Doubles & Tripples endorsements. I really can benefit from this job opportunity in my progress. I pray they give me the chance and not pull the rug from me. The other good thing is this would be my first CDL job. Although I did the training with Access A Ride and passed the fingerprint background check for my 19A they included a second background check with an independent agency whom red flagged me and Access A Ride went along with it and let me go. Misdemeanors do hurt. Some cases more than felonies. It seems people with felonies get more opportunities than I have ever gotten. That's why I went and applied for the Certificates of Relief since Access A Ride.

P.S. I have not run into anyone who knows much about what possibilities are ahead for someone with my situation as far as being able to work for MTA, T.A., MABSTOA as a bus operator. No one knows that I have asked. Well anyway I've been keeping myself clear of the past. It would be a bummer if I continue to get shot down, especially from this opportunity. I've done much work and like the rest of you guys have been waiting forever!

Well its good that u went and got the certificates while I cant say no worries I can say that if your not aware there is an operator now in bus company that once robbed banks, was arrested, and did time for it and he is in. Also for some reason these smaller agencies tend to have a harder hiring process than the larger ones I applied for school bus driver for first student and atlantic express and when I told them I had a rear end accident over 5 years ago they told no because of that right now Im FT operator for NJT so go figure. I feel youll be alright just worry about passing training when u get in

Having those certificates is good it shows MTA your accomplishments. But considering the amount of misdemeanors on your criminal record it categorizes you as a career criminal. Always getting arrested. Having a felony shows a different picture but then allows the individual to rehabilitate either in prison or during probation. Just chill out and stop getting arrested.

I took the BOSS July 26, 2012 to be exact at 9am and test ended at 10:10 am took me an hour to complete the test.

My application was processed January 25, 2012.

Random number 1600

Congrats Letter as of January 15, 2013 awaiting for medical

Part-time offering as of April 17, 2013 did not take the job offering

Still waiting. I guess I'll give up and stay with my current job and retire from it only need another 10 years to retire

Having those certificates is good it shows MTA your accomplishments. But considering the amount of misdemeanors on your criminal record it categorizes you as a career criminal. Always getting arrested. Having a felony shows a different picture but then allows the individual to rehabilitate either in prison or during probation. Just chill out and stop getting arrested. I took the BOSS July 26, 2012 to be exact at 9am and test ended at 10:10 am took me an hour to complete the test.My application was processed January 25, 2012.Random number 1600Congrats Letter as of January 15, 2013 awaiting for medicalPart-time offering as of April 17, 2013 did not take the job offeringStill waiting. I guess I'll give up and stay with my current job and retire from it only need another 10 years to retire

bravoyour going to get your day. I know from rreading your posts that you are sort of discouraged and don't feel like that but one day your going to get that call. Your on the list like the rest of us and @ 1600 its not a bad position at all. Patience my man.

Having those certificates is good it shows MTA your accomplishments. But considering the amount of misdemeanors on your criminal record it categorizes you as a career criminal. Always getting arrested. Having a felony shows a different picture but then allows the individual to rehabilitate either in prison or during probation. Just chill out and stop getting arrested. I took the BOSS July 26, 2012 to be exact at 9am and test ended at 10:10 am took me an hour to complete the test.My application was processed January 25, 2012.Random number 1600Congrats Letter as of January 15, 2013 awaiting for medicalPart-time offering as of April 17, 2013 did not take the job offeringStill waiting. I guess I'll give up and stay with my current job and retire from it only need another 10 years to retire

bravo your going to get your day. I know from reading your posts that you are sort of discouraged and don't feel like that but one day your going to get that call. Your on the list like the rest of us and @ 1600 its not a bad position at all. Patience my man.

Well its good that u went and got the certificates while I cant say no worries I can say that if your not aware there is an operator now in bus company that once robbed banks, was arrested, and did time for it and he is in. Also for some reason these smaller agencies tend to have a harder hiring process than the larger ones I applied for school bus driver for first student and atlantic express and when I told them I had a rear end accident over 5 years ago they told no because of that right now Im FT operator for NJT so go figure. I feel youll be alright just worry about passing training when u get in

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement Ironbound.

P.S. Check your inbox.

Yeah it does mean more waiting but it brings some relief that the list will establish this year because we've been waiting for this. Once its established numbers will start to be called. And eventually they will reach us as well. 

Two whole years since applications and finally they're telling us September 9th, 2013 they'll be establishing a list. I say a list but not the list because they haven't even finished testing all the applicants yet. This whole thing with the 2301 has been a messy joke considering they're saying a list will begin to be established while this whole time I was led to believe they had to finish examining everyone first. Then when many of us who were already tested way back yonder we were told at the time we would be getting the results in 6 to 8 weeks. YEAH RIGHT!!! Then they said we would get the results by the end of April. Then they turned the 2301 into a Part Time offer. I had to keep calling to get my results from the BOSS exam (which I passed). Then when I finally got it May 17th it included the Part Time letter asking me to respond no later than May 17th. Now how was I suppose to do that when I just got the letter that same day??? Then when I further looked at the letter which came on May 17th, it was dated like over two weeks before. It must have been just sitting on top of some lazy you know whats desk. Good thing I called. Although I'm excited to hear we have reached this point I'm not going to bank on everything they tell us.

Two whole years since applications and finally they're telling us September 9th, 2013 they'll be establishing a list. I say a list but not the list because they haven't even finished testing all the applicants yet. This whole thing with the 2301 has been a messy joke considering they're saying a list will begin to be established while this whole time I was led to believe they had to finish examining everyone first. Then when many of us who were already tested way back yonder we were told at the time we would be getting the results in 6 to 8 weeks. YEAH RIGHT!!! Then they said we would get the results by the end of April. Then they turned the 2301 into a Part Time offer. I had to keep calling to get my results from the BOSS exam (which I passed). Then when I finally got it May 17th it included the Part Time letter asking me to respond no later than May 17th. Now how was I suppose to do that when I just got the letter that same day??? Then when I further looked at the letter which came on May 17th, it was dated like over two weeks before. It must have been just sitting on top of some lazy you know whats desk. Good thing I called. Although I'm excited to hear we have reached this point I'm not going to bank on everything they tell us.

Sucks that you had to wait so long for your results but we're here now. I dont think they anticipated 17000+ people applying for the list So that's why they rolled out part time positions for those who are impatient to wait and those who might not get reached. Although part time positions are a rip off there are some that just need a job period. Not that the list is establishing much before everyone will be tested but I sure dont want the establishment of the list to be held off any longer. Sept 9 sounds great. I didn't think it would take 2 years for a list to establish either but I just roll with the punches. Its more relieving knowing people will start getting called in now. Maybe not at the rate you want but the ball is rolling..

Sucks that you had to wait so long for your results but we're here now. I dont think they anticipated 17000+ people applying for the list So that's why they rolled out part time positions for those who are impatient to wait and those who might not get reached. Although part time positions are a rip off there are some that just need a job period. Not that the list is establishing much before everyone will be tested but I sure dont want the establishment of the list to be held off any longer. Sept 9 sounds great. I didn't think it would take 2 years for a list to establish either but I just roll with the punches. Its more relieving knowing people will start getting called in now. Maybe not at the rate you want but the ball is rolling..

Yes, I agree with everything you said here, at least the ball is rolling? I just wonder how long after they begin establishing the list will they begin using it? There was a Part-Time exam that was supposed to come out that they ended by cancelling it. I figured they did cancel it because of the large number of applicants they do have from 2301. I also wondered why they did not run that Part-Time exam just to make more money? I figured they cancelled it most likely cause it cost money to put out these exams. As well as the probable lack of interest in Part-Time not promising the revenue they would love to create by putting out the exam.

Anyhow, now that they finally plan on establishing the list I hope it doesn't take as long as it did to give the results of our BOSS exam to start recruiting. They never did have to wait for everyone to finish examining to get to this point because they're supposed to call lower numbers front to back anyhow!!!

I'm curious. We all have random list numbers and there have been some drop offs in front of many of our list placements. i.e. some have already been eliminated for various reasons such failing to show up for the exam, failing the BOSS exam., etc., etc.

So if you have list number 7 for example and number 3 and 5 fall out I guess you would move up in the process but as they are establishing the list woul it give you a new lower list number or will they just keep your list number the same and simply just skip you down a notch by crossing out the candidates who are no longer eligible? Another words would your final list number change in this case? I'm going to guess it would stay the same and you would just move up accordingly. So technically your in a better place than your number actually. Just seems logical.

Archived