Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also just got my letter to the BOSS exam for 10/12.  I completely had forgotten about this, that's how long it's been. What I don't recall is if i NEED to have my cdl permit when appointed or my reg lic is ok. Also, I'm confused about the exact cdl endorsements that I need. Can anyone help?  Thanks :)

I also just got my letter to the BOSS exam for 10/12. I completely had forgotten about this, that's how long it's been. What I don't recall is if i NEED to have my cdl permit when appointed or my reg lic is ok. Also, I'm confused about the exact cdl endorsements that I need. Can anyone help? Thanks :)

You need passenger, & air brakes endorsements

I have a class A cdl with airbrakes of course and passengers endorsement. I was on a manhattan bus talking to the driver and he says that you need the permit even if you have the proper license. I don't know about this. Does anyone have a clue?

If you currently possess a Class A CDL License with the proper endorsements then you don't need the permit.

The permit are for those that don't have a CDL they may start with the permit which is the prerequisite for the MTA.

However, if you don't have the proper endorsements but still have a Class A CDL is not sufficient for MTA appointment.

Make sure you have the airbrakes, passengers and Core Knowledge. Since you already have the license you already have the endorsements.

Don't worry about it, you have the proper license.

@ Bravo .. Yes the BOSS is for the 2301 :) BTW has anyone heard of Red Hook on the road? I read from another forum that its a good training program and they help you study for the permit and prepare you for your CDL lic i.e. put you behind the wheel etc etc (for free)  any insights? Thanks guys! 

@ Bravo .. Yes the BOSS is for the 2301 :) BTW has anyone heard of Red Hook on the road? I read from another forum that its a good training program and they help you study for the permit and prepare you for your CDL lic i.e. put you behind the wheel etc etc (for free)  any insights? Thanks guys! 

This BOSS exam been going on since last year I have taken it and never got called for my medical.

Just received an offer this year and nothing else. This is an old exam MTA is still trying to make money from.

Good luck to all.

for the CDL just go to the dmv get the book and study it pass the written test air brakes, passenger and core knowledge get the permit, sit and wait to be called. the cdl permit is good for 2 years.

The MTA will train you and allow you to use the bus for the road test.

Best way to get licensed through the MTA

October 12th BOSS exam is for the remaining candidates who have not yet taken the exam for the 2301. MTA did mention that they were going to establish a/the list on September 9th. I guess since it's in random order they are probably getting a head start with the list from the first 11, 000 plus candidates that already have been tested and qualify. With these numbers they have plenty of time to add the candidates who have higher list numbers later on. Once again... GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

anyone got an idea on whats gonna be on the test? any info is really apprecaited

Basic common sense questions asked in about 2-3 different ways to see consistency. Nothing to study for. There's really not much to say more about the exam. GOOD LUCK!

I have a CDL Class B. I still need to acquire my passenger endorsement. I went to the DMV and acquired my permit. My question to you all, is a permit sufficient enough to get hired, Or do I have to obtain my endorsement on my own. I ask because the DMV requires for me to take another road test. I do not have readily access to a school bus or such. Renting one tends to be costly. I’m just curious if it was needed. Times are tough and any dollar saved go’s a very long way.

I have a CDL Class B. I still need to acquire my passenger endorsement. I went to the DMV and acquired my permit. My question to you all, is a permit sufficient enough to get hired, Or do I have to obtain my endorsement on my own. I ask because the DMV requires for me to take another road test. I do not have readily access to a school bus or such. Renting one tends to be costly. I’m just curious if it was needed. Times are tough and any dollar saved go’s a very long way.

A permit is sufficient for the job and MTA will lend the bus for your road test.

Here is what you need.

A valid drivers license without restrictions and clean.

Class B license if you already have the airbrakes just get the passenger endorsement.

Bus drivers for MTA requirement is Class B License with core knowledge, airbrakes and passenger endorsements.

Since you already have Class B license just get the passenger endorsements is all you need because you already have airbrakes and core knowledge all you need is the passenger and good luck brother.

Hey guys, just finish my medical and processing. I start training at zerega October 21rst.... I was wondering where could I get the required uniform for training..... I read through this whole thread and it was very informative.

A permit is sufficient for the job and MTA will lend the bus for your road test.

Here is what you need.

A valid drivers license without restrictions and clean.

Class B license if you already have the airbrakes just get the passenger endorsement.

Bus drivers for MTA requirement is Class B License with core knowledge, airbrakes and passenger endorsements.

Since you already have Class B license just get the passenger endorsements is all you need because you already have airbrakes and core knowledge all you need is the passenger and good luck brother.

Thanks for your help! Good luck to all, let us keep our fingers crossed.

Just out of curiosity . when you pass your road test with the MTA training does the fee for the cdl license come out our pocket or does the mta cover that? I heard the cdl bps lic runs anywhere between 1250-1850? is that true? [/quote

No. U shouldn't pay nomore than 200 dollars at dmv after u pass the road test. Who ever told u that probably was giving u the price if u had to go to a driving school for bus training.

Hey guys, just finish my medical and processing. I start training at zerega October 21rst.... I was wondering where could I get the required uniform for training..... I read through this whole thread and it was very informative.

Medical and processing for list 2301? Whats your list #

That's great Congrats your on your way to driving the MTA bus.

Didn't MTA tell you where to get the uniforms?

At least you will be working for MTA Bus Company and have your pension and free bus pass.

That also goes for your family as well. That's great news. Good luck on the training.

Archived