Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

Syrenity 

You tried  the 1-10 training ?

Yes sir I absolutely did. I was hired and sworn in back in 2008 as a TA Bus Operator. Went through training and didn't qualify so I resigned. Had to go through the standard 4-5 yr wait period to be eligible again and applied to several other exams during that time so I would be right on time for the end of the wait period which worked out favorably. Now I'm just waiting to get another shot at the title so to speak. I'm currently on a few TA, MTA & a Mabstoa lists waiting patiently.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So hold on 2301 isn't TA I'm really confused

There are 3 Bus Division's TA, MTA Bus and MABSTOA.

The only one that is a civil service exam is TA which requires you to take an actual written exam where math logic and location/ landmark questions are asked. Once you pass that you will then wait to be invited to take the BOSS exam and if you pass that you then wait to hopefully move on to processing.

MTA Bus and Mabstoa are not civil service exams. You only apply, Pay your fee, wait for a random list # and then wait for an invite letter to take the BOSS survey which is the ONLY thing you will take. Once you pass the BOSS you wait to hopefully be called in to begin processing for hire.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

You be surprise how many people don't pass the Boss. Because  they don't take the time to read and understand everything.

Like myself and few others I know. :( 

But maybe thats for good cuz, first, its not TA, and second, I got an experience with it for 2613 and 4600.

The key for BOSS as I ve read here and realized, is Consistency!

Most questions are repeated, but word differently.

You just need to answer them all the same way. 

@Bridgeton I wish you all the best and hopefully you get what you want...

@ Royal my class comprehension was about 90% accurate except the one guy who kept asking the proctor for the answer, I think he was using reverse psychology caused he asked the same question about 4 different ways, then it was one young lady who finished the test in 7mins...

wow 7 mins that's a record wonder if she did passed the BOSS.

So between the TA, MTA Bus and MABSTOA, which is better or do they all have the same benefits? I'm curious b/c when I read thru the posts I see people asking if their bus depot is TA or not just wondering what that meant? 

BTW a few yrs ago i did take an exam where it had maps and a whole bunch of other stuff and I failed by like 10 points (yikes!) 

Oh and I also wonder how do you get to drive those Express City buses? Do you need seniority for that? :)

Was anyone in room 5E12 in BK Tech yesterday? 

So between the TA, MTA Bus and MABSTOA, which is better or do they all have the same benefits? I'm curious b/c when I read thru the posts I see people asking if their bus depot is TA or not just wondering what that meant?

BTW a few yrs ago i did take an exam where it had maps and a whole bunch of other stuff and I failed by like 10 points (yikes!)

Oh and I also wonder how do you get to drive those Express City buses? Do you need seniority for that? :)

Was anyone in room 5E12 in BK Tech yesterday?

I've heard TA is the best. It has something to do with the pension. MTA bus was the private bus company's that the mta took over. I'm not to sure about mabstoa.

This is already posted 

How many Bus Operator Exams are there 

There are 6 B/O Exams from 2801, 2901, 2301,3101,2613,4600 with 3 different Divisions from TA, MABSTOA,  

Mta bus

Which Exams are TA, Mabstoa, Mta bus 

2801 ,2901 ,3101- Mabstoa 

2301 - Mta Bus 

2613 , 4600 - TA

Which Exam is expiring soon 

Exams that will be Expiring in the next 1-2 years will be 2801, 2901.

Which exams are they calling right now

Currently they are calling 2801 and 2901 for  Mabstoa  

I applied for Mabstoa. They offered me Mta Bus .

When you apply for any  Mabstoa  B/O exam  They can also offer you  Mta Bus part time or full because Mabstoa and  Mta Bus are none civil service .

Is TA Bus Operators civil service

Yes They are 

What is civil service system 

A civil service system generally means employment in government with such positions filled on merit as a result of competitive examinations or screening.  Employment in civil service brings with it certain rights regarding job security; namely, that in most civil service appointments discipline or termination can only occur where there is just cause and after due process has been provided.

Do all Divisions get the same Transportation Pass

No they don’t. TA and Mabstoa can ride on local buses and ride the subway system.

Mta bus can only ride on local and on Mta bus express buses.

There are 3 Bus Division's TA, MTA Bus and MABSTOA.

The only one that is a civil service exam is TA which requires you to take an actual written exam where math logic and location/ landmark questions are asked. Once you pass that you will then wait to be invited to take the BOSS exam and if you pass that you then wait to hopefully move on to processing.

MTA Bus and Mabstoa are not civil service exams. You only apply, Pay your fee, wait for a random list # and then wait for an invite letter to take the BOSS survey which is the ONLY thing you will take. Once you pass the BOSS you wait to hopefully be called in to begin processing for hire.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

Syrenity! Thanks a lot for the clarification that was very detailed...

Now my next question is what depots are under MTA in Brooklyn

@SDOT exam 2613, & 4600 are TA exams. The other exams or either mta bus or mabstoa.

Thanks dre

Omg that horrible I wanted something in Brooklyn or the Bronx...

This forum is so informative wish I knew about this thanks everyone for all your responses

MTA bus depots

Spring Creek Depot

Baisley Park Depot

College Point Depot

John F. Kennedy Bus Depot

LaGuardia Depot

Yonkers Depot

Eastchester Depot

I Think I got them all for mta bus

Eastchester & Yonkers are too far

Do you think there is a possibility that good and thoughtful ppl from transit failed me for 2013 BOSS because I am from SI and they knew there is nothing useful they can offer here (SI)? :rolleyes: And they also saw that I already took 2613 and scored it at 86.25%?

Did everyone answer 75 questions. In the first part of the booklet. Did it have  strongly disagree, Agree, strongly Agree questions. Some people say  they didn't see the  strongly disagree, Agree, strongly Agree questions pages.They saw a sample and when they turn the page it said start from question 26  did you guys read something like that. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Because I just don't understand why  someone would miss questions from 1-25 I just don't get it. When I first started The boss was 75 questions I don't know maybe this is something new.  Thanks guys 

Syrenity,

Which list are you on. 

Just hang in there what happen in the pass let it go and start new with a clear mind. If you still have your old training book read it. When it's your just remember your going to make day 7. If you need anything just ask we are here to help. 

Good Luck. 

@ RTS4 Life I'm on 2901, 2301 and I can't remember the mabstoa one off the top of my head right now. I was also on 8094 for conductor and was offered a TA bus operator position. I began processing and while I was waiting to be called for medical I found out a few weeks ago that unfortunately I got caught up in a 1 in 3 so that's a wrap. Thankfully I still remain on the original list. And last but not least I will be on 4600 once I complete that exam.

Those are all for Bus Operator but I'm on several other lists for other titles its just a waiting game at this point. Thank for the help offer trust me I will be hunting you down when and If I need it that's for sure.

Did everyone answer 75 questions. In the first part of the booklet. Did it have strongly disagree, Agree, strongly Agree questions. Some people say they didn't see the strongly disagree, Agree, strongly Agree questions pages.They saw a sample and when they turn the page it said start from question 26 did you guys read something like that. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Because I just don't understand why someone would miss questions from 1-25 I just don't get it. When I first started The boss was 75 questions I don't know maybe this is something new. Thanks guys

I can't say what versions of the survey they gave out this Saturday however, If I remember correctly from back in April when I last took it there were 2 versions of the exam handed out the proctor alternated each row {from the from to the back of the room} row 1=Test A, row 2= Test B, row 3= A etc... They always do that with civil service exams whether they are City, State or Federal so I wasn't surprised to see it done during the survey.

Archived