Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A class for 2301 started this pass Monday. No one on here be talking about it tho. Did u hear back from mta as yet?

Nothing yet, but if they don't give me the green light something dirty is going on. I did a lot of researching. None of my convictions are disqualifying except the possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. That conviction was 16 years ago which technically clears the statute of time.

16 years ago you're in the clear then.Shouldn't be a problem.

I've never been shown forgiveness. Rejection is all I know. Prayer or no prayer. He hears me NOT!

I've been going through a life of rejection way before I knew what handcuffs were. I might as well go live in some poor country off the land.

• 1 month later...

They should make an actual test for bus company and OA and do what they did for staten island railway and not actually charge anyone any money until they actually get called for testing because it isn't fair to anyone on this list who doesn't even get called for drug testing just because they randomly got a ridiculously high number

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

They should make an actual test for bus company and OA and do what they did for staten island railway and not actually charge anyone any money until they actually get called for testing because it isn't fair to anyone on this list who doesn't even get called for drug testing just because they randomly got a ridiculously high number

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

Yeah this is why I also applied for

4600. Your list is based in your exam score.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Wonder if anyone can help, got a call about two weeks ago to come down for pre employment processing. At the time I didn't have my cdl permit, so i was told to call back when I had it. The following week I went to DMV got my permit and called back, I was told that I would be contacted this week. Got the call and was told to report to livingston st. for drug test. Still have'nt done the paper work for processing yet is this normal?

Wonder if anyone can help, got a call about two weeks ago to come down for pre employment processing. At the time I didn't have my cdl permit, so i was told to call back when I had it. The following week I went to DMV got my permit and called back, I was told that I would be contacted this week. Got the call and was told to report to livingston st. for drug test. Still have'nt done the paper work for processing yet is this normal?

Thats good. You will probably do all that while your there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

You should get all the paperwork and drug test done on same day. Than you will get another date to bring back paper work

I have misdemeanors and a felony conviction on my record. I was called down to 180 Livingston for processing. Filled out the pre employment paperwork. Handed in my court dispositions and all my certificates of relief from disabilities papers, the lady took everything and told me that management had to review it to make a determination. Does anyone know what this means? Does it mean i won't get the position of B.O.? Any help is appreciated.

I have misdemeanors and a felony conviction on my record. I was called down to 180 Livingston for processing. Filled out the pre employment paperwork. Handed in my court dispositions and all my certificates of relief from disabilities papers, the lady took everything and told me that management had to review it to make a determination. Does anyone know what this means? Does it mean i won't get the position of B.O.? Any help is appreciated.

MTA will look into your criminal record to make the determination. Since your provided Certificate of Relief they may determine you as fit to drive the bus in NYC. However, it is discretionary, they will be seeking for repeated offender status. If those are your only convictions, although its misdemeanors and the amount of misdemeanors their decision may be in your favor or not in your favor. 

Now you stated, all your Certificates of Relief what that means you have more than one certificate of relief?

• 2 weeks later...

I have misdemeanors and a felony conviction on my record. I was called down to 180 Livingston for processing. Filled out the pre employment paperwork. Handed in my court dispositions and all my certificates of relief from disabilities papers, the lady took everything and told me that management had to review it to make a determination. Does anyone know what this means? Does it mean i won't get the position of B.O.? Any help is appreciated.

They are going to send you a letter in the mail that says: You were considered but not selected for the b/o position under N.Y. civil service personnel rule 4.7.1 My situation was exactly the same as yours' and that's what they did to me. They won't say that it's based on your criminal records because it's against the law to discriminate against anyone for past criminal convictions less the crimes committed directly relates to the job you are applying to perform. They are not going to say that it's the reason you will not be selected. Less there are other determinations for not selecting you your criminal convictions is the reason why! This rule is used to disqualify candidates while protecting the agency from the wrongful and illegal discrimination they are practicing. Some things need to be changed concerning the 1 in 3 rule in accordance to the civil service hiring policy. Above all! With regards to civil service jobs You would believe un-lawful discrimination practices SHOULD NOT take place! You would think that civil service jobs would be the closest to abide by the EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT REGULATIONS. IT'S A BIG PROBLEM AND CONCERN WHEN THE CIVIL SERVICE ADMINISTRATION PARTICIPATES IN DISCRIMINATION.

They are going to send you a letter in the mail that says: You were considered but not selected for the b/o position under N.Y. civil service personnel rule 4.7.1 My situation was exactly the same as yours' and that's what they did to me. They won't say that it's based on your criminal records and convictions (buy it is! That's why the lady told you they will review your dispositions and not your shoe size) because it's against the EQUAL OPPORTUNITY LAWS to discriminate against anyone for past criminal convictions. Less the crimes committed directly relates to the job you are applying to perform. They are not going to say that your convictions are reason you will not be selected. Less there are other determinations for not selecting you. YOUR CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS IS THE REASON WHY YOU WILL NOT BE SELECTED! This rule is used to disqualify candidates while protecting the agency from the WRONGFUL and ILLEGAL discrimination practices they commit. Some things need to be changed concerning the

1 in 3 rule (which is what civil service personnel uses to disqualify candidates for appointed and promotional positions) in accordance to the civil service hiring policy. Above all! With regards to civil service jobs You would believe un-lawful discrimination practices SHOULD NOT take place! You would think that civil service jobs would be the closest to protect and abide by the EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT REGULATIONS and LAWS. IT'S A BIG PROBLEM AND CONCERN WHEN THE CIVIL SERVICE ADMINISTRATION PARTICIPATES IN DISCRIMINATION.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived