Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are going to send you a letter in the mail that says: You were considered but not selected for the b/o position under N.Y. civil service personnel rule 4.7.1 My situation was exactly the same as yours' and that's what they did to me. They won't say that it's based on your criminal records and convictions (buy it is! That's why the lady told you they will review your dispositions and not your shoe size) because it's against the EQUAL OPPORTUNITY LAWS to discriminate against anyone for past criminal convictions. Less the crimes committed directly relates to the job you are applying to perform. They are not going to say that your convictions are reason you will not be selected. Less there are other determinations for not selecting you. YOUR CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS IS THE REASON WHY YOU WILL NOT BE SELECTED! This rule is used to disqualify candidates while protecting the agency from the WRONGFUL and ILLEGAL discrimination practices they commit. Some things need to be changed concerning the

1 in 3 rule (which is what civil service personnel uses to disqualify candidates for appointed and promotional positions) in accordance to the civil service hiring policy. Above all! With regards to civil service jobs You would believe un-lawful discrimination practices SHOULD NOT take place! You would think that civil service jobs would be the closest to protect and abide by the EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT REGULATIONS and LAWS. IT'S A BIG PROBLEM AND CONCERN WHEN THE CIVIL SERVICE ADMINISTRATION PARTICIPATES IN DISCRIMINATION.

u mad bro?

This exam ain't moving that fast plus it's for Mta bus the worse one of them all

I come across far too many drivers for TA and OA who say ppl shouldn't go to BC and if you do (after all ppl wanna be in MTA no matter what) get out asap

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

This exam ain't moving that fast plus it's for Mta bus the worse one of them all I come across far too many drivers for TA and OA who say ppl shouldn't go to BC and if you do (after all ppl wanna be in MTA no matter what) get out asap Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
LOL yup I was one of them, was MTA BUS for two years then when TA called me got out of there ASAP didn't even care about losing all that time. I ran into a lot of ppl that was MTA Bus now they either TA or OA and more still crossing over SMH at MTA BuS.

Guess no one has the answer to my question!!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been asking the same Damn question for months, But what i think happens is your random list # is in sequential order. Now after the BOSS is giving and you pass it. your list # is on a list that has all random list # that pass. Example if you have 1-10 and  7 8 4 3 Fail, the list will be 1 2 5 6 9 10 will get called in that order.

Your list number is your random number.

If you passed the BOSS then you get the random number.

When they established a list, your random number is your list number.

You are called randomly. This is not that I passed with a 100 I get to be number 1 and called fast.

Its you random number. Something new MTA Bus Company developed.

You question has been answered since the original date of 2301.

You just didn't pay attention.

DEAR BRAVO: IF I MAY I WOULD LIKE TO CLARIFY THE PART WHERE YOU SAID "YOU ARE CALLED RANDOMLY". DOES THIS MEAN THAT IF YOU ARE LIST # 2500  THAT YOU MIGHT GET CALLED DOWN SOONER THAN OTHERS WHO HAVE LIST# 1000 OR EVEN LIST# 1800 FOR EXAMPLE??   TKS!!

You are called based on your random number.

This is not like other exams that if you get 97% the list number is 5.

The exam was not even an exam.

It was common sense questions to see if we are fit to drive MTA Bus.

I have been waiting for a while, I was offered a part-time job but without benefits.

Sooner or later we all will get called just a matter of time and the amount of retirees.

You will hear different opinions from others but what I mentioned is how MTA is calling down candidates by random numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on this lol. Too much time in at njt now. Im good where im at.

Yeah i also gave up waiting to be called last year as well.

I rather stay where I am at as well.

This is a good opportunity for those without jobs and dead end jobs.

• 4 weeks later...

for those who are still waiting my list number is 1600 and got a letter for pre-employment at 180 Livingston Street Brooklyn NY.

now you guys know where you all stand with a list number low or high. Ok

good luck for those getting the job as Bus Operator.

Exam Number 2301 once appointed as Bus Operator will work in either locations of the following boroughs:

Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Yonkers.

Bus Operator ATU 1179 MTABC.

Make sure you have Class B with Passenger No Restriction Endorsement or at least a Lerner's Permit.

Good Luck to all.

for those who are still waiting my list number is 1600 and got a letter for pre-employment at 180 Livingston Street Brooklyn NY.

now you guys know where you all stand with a list number low or high. Ok

good luck for those getting the job as Bus Operator.

Exam Number 2301 once appointed as Bus Operator will work in either locations of the following boroughs:

Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Yonkers.

Bus Operator ATU 1179 MTABC.

Make sure you have Class B with Passenger No Restriction Endorsement or at least a Lerner's Permit.

Good Luck to all.

Wassup bravo659, I've read in your previous post that you're going to stay where you are at. Now that you've received the pre-employment letter are you still going to stay put with your present employment? Or will you take this opportunity and hit the ground running? I would like to know. Thanks, and congrats, and good luck to you, and everyone else.

Wassup bravo659, I've read in your previous post that you're going to stay where you are at. Now that you've received the pre-employment letter are you still going to stay put with your present employment? Or will you take this opportunity and hit the ground running? I would like to know. Thanks, and congrats, and good luck to you, and everyone else.

Im not going for it.

In just nine years left for my retirement.

But good luck to all who are going for it.

Im not going for it.

In just nine years left for my retirement.

But good luck to all who are going for it.

Oh wow... Ok, best if luck to you when you do reach retirement.

Wassup Allday... May I ask you why are you turning your offer down? Just curious. Thank you

Not a problem in asking. I was called for T/O in Feb. ( list # 2,40?) but I can't proceed until late sept. ( let's just say that All Charges Dismissed by then.)

Wassup Allday... May I ask you why are you turning your offer down? Just curious. Thank you

Not a problem in asking. I was called for T/O in Feb. ( list # 2,40?) but I can't proceed until late sept. ( let's just say that All Charges Dismissed by then.)

Damn!!! That's crazy. Well I'm going for T/O my list number is 218? And I start in the 28th. I will tell you this, the list doesn't expire until 2016. So do what you gotta do, thanks for your response, and good luck my brother!!

Archived