Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm # 14539. Like everyone here from the start I knew how the MTA was gonna handle this it was in the NOE after all. But then and still even now I ask how and when will this "exam" become "open competitive"? My insanely high list # is bothersome to me bcuz it said that. Im 14539 not bcuz I bombed some kind of placement exam but bcuz those digits were on the balloons that popped when the MTA was playing darts. Life goes on I know but Like very one I had to drop 61 bucks on it whIch as of right now doesn't feel like money well spent

From the look of some peoples reply of there notices of the exam I don't understand why some are in the high thousands, and some like me are in the very low thousands. This exam is way different then the exam I took for NYCT back in April of 2008. Its the luck of a draw for all of us...I wish everyone good luck whatever random# you have.

From the look of some peoples reply of there notices of the exam I don't understand why some are in the high thousands, and some like me are in the very low thousands. This exam is way different then the exam I took for NYCT back in April of 2008. Its the luck of a draw for all of us...I wish everyone good luck whatever random# you have.

They are not talking about TA test where there is an actual exam. they are talking about OA list, there is no exam, its a lottery. In 2008 you took a TA exam, you actually answered questions for 2-3 hours, OA is just send the application and wait for the lottery to begin, what ever number you are given is where you will stay until they will call you ( if they will call you ) .

They are not talking about TA test where there is an actual exam. they are talking about OA list, there is no exam, its a lottery. In 2008 you took a TA exam, you actually answered questions for 2-3 hours, OA is just send the application and wait for the lottery to begin, what ever number you are given is where you will stay until they will call you ( if they will call you ) .

Got it, but what are the chances of them calling me with the list number that I have?

Honestly I don't see anybody with a list number above 1500 getting called off of 2301. Just look how slow 8006 has been and remember MTA Bus is smaller.

I guess the next hope is the upcoming TA test......myself I've decided to try and get in at Shortline. I'm not gonna take that TA test and get stuck in a all-Local depot.

Honestly I don't see anybody with a list number above 1500 getting called off of 2301. Just look how slow 8006 has been and remember MTA Bus is smaller.

I guess the next hope is the upcoming TA test......myself I've decided to try and get in at Shortline. I'm not gonna take that TA test and get stuck in a all-Local depot.

If it's true as they have in the letter, they are picking in random order when vacancies occur so #1 or #15000 is luck of the draw.

Good luck! Then again they did pull in another million$$

:mad:

Good luck with Shortline. Im training with a few new drivers from there now. I hear they are hiring

hi guys, jus a question, i jus opened my mail and saw my letter from MTA. i got list number 3401. what do i have to do now? do i literally sit back or do i have to watch the chief-leader newspaper for the list or will they mail/call me something to come in for further processing? please help thanks

hi guys, jus a question, i jus opened my mail and saw my letter from MTA. i got list number 3401. what do i have to do now? do i literally sit back or do i have to watch the chief-leader newspaper for the list or will they mail/call me something to come in for further processing? please help thanks

Its a luck of the draw...we just got to wait and, see what happens next for us. So far I see your random# is four digits like mine and others.

Myself #2152

WannaBeMTA12#3401

unbanfortiude#3436

Lockdeco#3957

Steling#5231

Igor Gagsinsky#9141

I got mine today....17506. Which means I'm stuck at "Pots and Pans" unless I get in somewhere else.I knew this was gonna be a huge list but did'nt expect it to be this huge. I was really looking forward to picking into College Point.:P

I've already gotten my apps for Shortline,DeCamp and Lakeland. I'm gonna keep hammering NJT also, but I think I have to move to Jersey before I'll get considered.

Congrats to those who got low list numbers!

Its a luck of the draw...we just got to wait and, see what happens next for us. So far I see your random# is four digits like mine and others.

Myself #2152

WannaBeMTA12#3401

unbanfortiude#3436

Lockdeco#3957

Steling#5231

Igor Gagsinsky#9141

add me to the list...

YoungNYCSubwayFan #9139

Archived