Prevost Car X3-45 Discussion

Lothian

The real problem that I could see with Prevosts could be on narrow streets. It's hard enough to navigate an MCI up some narrow streets, but the X3-45 has a wheelbase of 27 feet inches (an MCI D4500 has one of 26 feet 4 inches).

However, regardless of its longer wheelbase, the X3-45 has a 42.6 foot turning radius versus the D4505's 47 feet.:(

I would not mind spliting that 40 with MTA Bus CP or YON or maybe even ECH. They put some Miles on there Buses.

The Bust Test & Evaluation Program is not an MTABC program, so that would not happen. The only way any of the test buses will go to BC is when the evaluation is complete.

That wasn't the bus with the leather seats was it?

No, if that's the 2006 I'm thinking of that's the MCI that's painted all white with the ghetto recliner seats. :P So glad to see that one is in the junk yard where it belongs. That paint job looked terrible on that MCI and I hated taking that bus. :mad: :tdown:

No, if that's the 2006 I'm thinking of that's the MCI that's painted all white with the ghetto recliner seats. :P So glad to see that one is in the junk yard where it belongs. That paint job looked terrible on that MCI and I hated taking that bus. :mad: :tdown:

That was actually a good bus....it was a favorite for the drivers. The paint job was a test to see if it would slow down corrosion on the steel sides. The problem is that the (MTA) used the wrong kind of point on the steel and it quickly started flaking (like Greyhound's refub'd MC-12s).

All in all I for one am sad to see that one go.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd just like to say that the 22XXs from Yukon are already banged up. One of the reading lights on 2226 (I believe) on the X10 had tissue in it last Thursday when I got on it to come home from dinner in the city. At least now we get buses that have destination signs that are much easier on the eyes. I hate those green ones.

It would be nice if they overhauled those buses a little though before sending them to Castleton. Make sure that the Stop Requested sign works and doesn't ring constantly like crazy when hitting potholes or whatever on the Gowanus. Those are the two biggest problems on our MCIs.... Broken Stop Requested signs and broken overhead lights/air. :(

I'm also curious as to whether this is the new standard with express buses in terms of having outlets and such to charge appliances??

I'd just like to say that the 22XXs from Yukon are already banged up. One of the reading lights on 2226 (I believe) on the X10 had tissue in it last Thursday when I got on it to come home from dinner in the city. At least now we get buses with that have destination signs that are much easier on the eyes. I hate those green ones.

Yukon sends those buses to Castleton with defects in each and every one of the 27s and 22s. Castleton has done quite well fixing them up and making them run a lot better and ride a lot smoother. 2216 rides like if it was brand new again, rode it on Friday on the x22. The one thing I was rather shocked to see on the 22s were torn seats!

The way I see this, the 18-1900s are way better than Yukon's 27 and 2800s, they ride smoother and make less noise when hitting bumps. Now that they are going to Yukon, I can see those getting scrapped a lot faster...

And then there was this in 2727....

254650_10150401058739348_689259347_10581031_305137_n.jpg

Yukon sends those buses to Castleton with defects in each and every one of the 27s and 22s. Castleton has done quite well fixing them up and making them run a lot better and ride a lot smoother. 2216 rides like if it was brand new again, rode it on Friday on the x22. The one thing I was rather shocked to see on the 22s were torn seats!

The way I see this, the 18-1900s are way better than Yukon's 27 and 2800s, they ride smoother and make less noise when hitting bumps. Now that they are going to Yukon, I can see those getting scrapped a lot faster...

And then there was this in 2727....

254650_10150401058739348_689259347_10581031_305137_n.jpg

Well the interesting thing is that not all of the destruction is done by the passengers... :( I'll just leave it at that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived